ADVERTISEMENT

Erwin at Mount Tabor

BD Warrior

Sep 20, 2006
Erwin (10-1) at Mt Tabor (7-4)

I am looking forward to this matchup. Wish it was a home game but we have to play where they put us. Any Tabor fans on here? What do you guys bring to the table? Sounds like a really good football team and qb. I will fill in on Erwin more soon.

Tabor's defense is geared towards stopping spread offenses. They have an aggressive, athletic defense. Should be an interesting game

Mount tabors scores don’t look too impressive BESIDES their 4 losses. Looks like they could easily have 6+ losses

Mount tabors scores don’t look too impressive BESIDES their 4 losses. Looks like they could easily have 6+ losses

That’s true, but look at their schedule. They have played a ton of quality opponents. They also beat Dudley and Parkland. I’d say we will have our hands full just trying to stay in this game.

I thought the same thing too and until I looked in to it deeper and looked at the schedules of the teams they played. Some of them are undefeated 4A teams. To put it in perspective they just beat Parkland 49 to 7. That's the team that Asheville lost too obviously.

Yea but mount tabor also got beat pretty bad by 6-6 Glenn and got all they wanted from 3-8
Ben L smith high school whatever that is.

Yea but mount tabor also got beat pretty bad by 6-6 Glenn and got all they wanted from 3-8

Glenn's such a strange animal. Can beat the likes of Tabor and Reagan but can also get completely shut down by RJ Reynolds. Even Michael Jordan knows not to bet on Glenn.

Well I hope you're right cougar. I think we can win for sure but I know it will be a tough game.

same here im pulling for erwin big time in this game. i think they win. love to have erwin again in the 3rd round. good luck to you guys. go green

Reactions: BD Warrior
Tabor is very athletic and aggressive on defense. Really solid in their zone coverages and very well coached. They have evolved on offense throughout the year from a true spread team to a wildcat heavy run offense. The QB is one of the best players in the Stste. Has four 200-plus hard rushing games. Spartans are red hot after a slow start and some personnel changes. Won seven in a row

I can tell you this for a fact, it is VERY hard to go into Mount Tabor and get a "W". They defend their home turf like no other. Is it possible? Of course it is, but the Spartans are red hot right now. As for radio coverage, I'll be shocked if wsjs.com isn't carrying the East Forsyth/Glenn game. That is a pretty big rivalry in Forsyth County.

good luck Erwin, not that I really want to play you again, but I am pulling for you. I didn't understand why Erwin didn't go to Thompson more against us, we didn't seem to be able co cover him. I think this will be a very good game.

Mount Tabor is tough at home. Erwin is explosive on offense. I hope they travel well. Should be a great setting for high school football.

saw where 103.7 lightthetriad.com will air the game...gospel station out of WS/Greensboro

Winter weather advisory for winston salem and asheville at game time. Cancel games for rain all season but not ice storms?

Winter weather advisory for winston salem and asheville at game time. Cancel games for rain all season but not ice storms?
Nothing to worry about as far as bad roads in the Winston-Salem area. The advisory doesn’t start till 10pm

Nothing to worry about as far as bad roads in the Winston-Salem area. The advisory doesn’t start till 10pm

Yeah I know it starts at 10 but what about all the people traveling back to the mountains for the next 2 hours. It doesn't bother me to drive in it I'm just surprised they haven't canceled that game

Yeah I know it starts at 10 but what about all the people traveling back to the mountains for the next 2 hours. It doesn't bother me to drive in it I'm just surprised they haven't canceled that game

It doesn’t look like we are actually going to have any substantial weather.

It’s not raining until 11. Game should be over at 10.

I am not talking about the game it's self. I just looked at the weather channel app on phone. There is a winter weather advisory for Asheville starting at 7pm. When the game is over Erwin will travel back through that. It sucks because I work for the DOT and we have been called in tonight so I can't go to the game. I have seen them cancel games all year for light rain and now there is ice and nothing? Anyways, good luck to my Warriors. First game I've missed this season.

I am not talking about the game it's self. I just looked at the weather channel app on phone. There is a winter weather advisory for Asheville starting at 7pm. When the game is over Erwin will travel back through that. It sucks because I work for the DOT and we have been called in tonight so I can't go to the game. I have seen them cancel games all year for light rain and now there is ice and nothing? Anyways, good luck to my Warriors. First game I've missed this season.

Ah man that sucks. Yeah, they've been cancelling games for anything this year, but it's the playoffs so they if they can go, then they're going to let them play.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Congrats to Mount Tarbor. It sounds like you guys have a really good football team. I wasn't able to make it there tonight because of the weather and having to work later. Good luck next week. As for As for Erwin I'm really proud of the season they had. Other than the Reynolds loss they pretty much dominated throughout the year but unfortunately their time is up. We lose a few very good players but there is a lot coming back and a conference champ jv team coming up. Should be in good hands next season.

5 turnovers says it all!!! Congrats Mt. Tabor. #10 is all over the place defensively.

Turnovers were the story of this game. Game was heading towards being a shootout. But Erwin threw three interceptions in the red zone (one for 105-yard pick 6), and put the ball on the carpet twice. That, along with tabor being able to have their way with regards to their rushing attack was the difference.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Turn the ball over and not be able to stop the run. Quite the recipe for success. Same song and dance with Erwin. Enough athletes to drop 40 every night, but can’t stop a runny nose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT