ADVERTISEMENT

Enrollment numbers updated

I have a feeling some of these need to be adjusted (not that it matters for realignment or playoff subdivision this year)....as many schools are in counties with satellite campuses such as specialized academies or early colleges who may not have sports.....I work at South Granville and I believe that number of 701 sounds about right for our on campus ADM...and it shows the other traditional campuses in Granville County are JF Webb with 585 and Granville Central with 622....I'm 99% sure these numbers do not include the ~200-400+ students at Granville Early College and Granville Academy (online/virtual) who are eligible to play at whichever of the other three schools they would otherwise be attending....guessing there are multiple other schools across the state in the same situation

The NCHSAA needs to do a better job with guidelines for classification of teams. The way it is now is a total load of crap. Tell me it's fair especially in 4a where the numbers more than doubles in some cases. There are many other cases as well.
The coaches ALL NCHSAA COACHES REGARDLESS OF SPORT needs to get off their lazy rear ends and vote to change this absurdity.

The NCHSAA needs to do a better job with guidelines for classification of teams. The way it is now is a total load of crap. Tell me it's fair especially in 4a where the numbers more than doubles in some cases. There are many other cases as well.
The coaches ALL NCHSAA COACHES REGARDLESS OF SPORT needs to get off their lazy rear ends and vote to change this absurdity.
It ain’t fair that’s why they gonna a more classification/s when the current realignment is over. Some schools simply don’t care about football to vote. The AD’s should have to do it anyway

Reactions: NC Joker
Well...they want to add more classifications anyway.....it will be dependent on enough schools voting for the proposal. Last time not enough schools voted for it to pass.

It's the principals and/or AD's, not the coaches. The coaches are who presented the latest proposal.

A county AD representing 19 schools did not vote because the vote was a "no" so either way it counted the same. Don't be so sure that many of those ballots were not sent in due to lack of caring as some understand what the procedure. When it involved Parochial schools being voted out in the past the county did not vote as they supported those schools remaining in the NCHSAA.

When I attended Scotland back in the late 90's we had nearly 3,000 students... now 1600...man that really hurts my heart... Got to get some work down there some how.

Especially in 1a we're the numbers can more than triple.

HS OT broke the numbers down by current classification:

Reactions: beamer24
Fun stats:
45 4A schools are smaller than the largest 3A school.
40 3A schools are bigger than the smallest 4A school.
31 students separate the largest 2A and the smallest 4A. Make it make sense.

Reactions: ncjeff and daletec
They either need to go 6a or if 7a 1a will need to be larger than others because some of 1a doesn't have football.

I would vote for five classes and two year realignment.

If they want to stay at four year alignment stay go to three "groups" and for team playoffs have 192 teams qualify for the playoffs then divide them into six "brackets" by ADM.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Yeah but they said no more than 64 in each class. If they stay with that then it will have to be 6 or 7 I think.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Yeah but they said no more than 64 in each class. If they stay with that then it will have to be 6 or 7 I think.
To put an exact number on the class size will cause logistical issues moving forward. It should not be how many teams but based on ADM. In the middle classes the schools are much closer together in size. The largest and smallest classes should not have the same amount of schools as the other classes due to the ADM disaparities. The middle classes should have more as gthey are grouped together much closer.

If you have 448 schools that is seven classes. What do you if it goes to 456? Have eight classes with 57.

People complain about traveling in the playoffs it will be an issue for regular season to some degree.

Four was right for a long time and is time to change. I would do it in small steps and go to five to see how it works. That is good move to six in the future.

Reactions: smashmouth5
I'm afraid five will need to be changed again to soon. I'm thinking 6.

1a can't be smaller unless you take out the non football schools then make it smaller.

I'm afraid five will need to be changed again to soon. I'm thinking 6.

1a can't be smaller unless you take out the non football schools then make it smaller.
Football schools need to be removed prior to the alignment.

The best option to me is to do two alignments, one football and one for all other sports. That would take care of a lot of the problems.

Ok so that's 78 in 1a. That's what we got now.

I don't think they will make 1a and 4a smaller than the others.

Ok so that's 78 in 1a. That's what we got now.

I don't think they will make 1a and 4a smaller than the others.
I liked the idea to have 1A and 4A with about half as many teams as 2A and 3A. Let 2A and 3A subdivide for the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT