ADVERTISEMENT

Enka HC Resigned

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020

Enka is in a tough area to win at with Ashesville, The Christ School, The Asheville School, AC Reynolds, North Buncombe all around them. I believe Most of the athletes go to the other schools for football but Enka isnt bad in other sports so If they hire the right coach, He has to keep kids there and maybe get a few kids to come in imo

Enka is in a tough area to win at with Ashesville, The Christ School, The Asheville School, AC Reynolds, North Buncombe all around them. I believe Most of the athletes go to the other schools for football but Enka isnt bad in other sports so If they hire the right coach, He has to keep kids there and maybe get a few kids to come in imo
Erwin shares a boarder with Enka not NB. Erwin should also consider a coaching change. They are regressing under Pruitt.

Erwin shares a boarder with Enka not NB. Erwin should also consider a coaching change. They are regressing under Pruitt.
Never said who they boarder with - Asheville area has ton of HS within close proximity and NB isn’t that far off which is only 19 miles away north of Ashesville Metro .....

David Pressley would be a great fit. He could change the culture at his alma mater. Make no mistake, Jeff Frady is a great guy and was a fine representative for the kids and the program. But it was time for a change for all parties.

Never said who they boarder with - Asheville area has ton of HS within close proximity and NB isn’t that far off which is only 19 miles away north of Ashesville Metro .....
Okay cool. North Buncombe isn’t an example for great athletes then.

Enka football needs the support of the AD and others to be successful. About the only thing the AD is concerned about is basketball since he is the boys coach and his daughter played for the girls team.

Reactions: tyreeseram
enka needs to run a different system. look at the colleges with limited talent and size yet are are successful year after year . they have to keep the ball and keep their defense off the field to have any chance at winning. if wofford can win in the southern conference with 1000 students located in spartanburg sc anyone can if they figure out what fits their talent.

Asheville School? <eye blink thing> That's like saying some kid's lemonade stand has an effect on the corner Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Steelers71
Great Facilities and still have community support. Just need some wins and to start changing culture!
This is what I came to say. Enka usually has good number, they pack the stadium, youth program is full. I do not understand why the culture is so bad.

This is what I came to say. Enka usually has good number, they pack the stadium, youth program is full. I do not understand why the culture is so bad.
It has very little support from the AD and the administration from what I have heard. The AD is the boys basketball coach and his kid played for the girls team. From folks that I know that live in that district it is all about the basketball programs. I agree that they need a system like South Point or CC that they can control the clock a little.

Enka football needs the support of the AD and others to be successful. About the only thing the AD is concerned about is basketball since he is the boys coach and his daughter played for the girls team.
#FACTS!!!!

It’s a competitive area across the Asheville Metro! Period end of story!
Enka hasn't been relevant in football for most of its history. It has nothing to do with the competition in the area, other than the competition beats them. They're nice folks and they will still draw a supportive crowd no matter how bad it gets but football has just never been their thing. Girls sports, wrestling, and occasionally basketball have been their path to success.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Enka hasn't been relevant in football for most of its history. It has nothing to do with the competition in the area, other than the competition beats them. They're nice folks and they will still draw a supportive crowd no matter how bad it gets but football has just never been their thing. Girls sports, wrestling, and occasionally basketball have been their path to success.
Well there has to be a reason so if the problems aren't Inside then it has be something on the outside but I agree Football isn't there thing, I know their good in other sports!

Outstanding hire. Will take time because the culture is so poor, but if they kids that walks they halls decide to come out, there is enough talent there.

Wishing Mike all the best.

Great hire for Enka. Next step, getting the athletes to play football. They have enough walking the halls to be competitive.

Reactions: tyreeseram
Admin needs to fire the "all basketball focused" AD who is also HC of Enka Basketball! Next, admin need to stay out of the way and let the man run his program! Let parents know early that their child's last name doesn't mean shit, nor does your donation to the boosters! They have the perfect principal in JB for this to work and awaken the sleeping giant! Can you imagine Enka crowds if they were winning!?!?!? Best of luck to Coach Sexton!

Reactions: f-ball-ace
You need to drop that booster line. There are only five or six in the boosters club. The same five or six have been there for years ,some 20 plus years, and there is not anyone who has a kid on the football team. They need MORE involvement from the community. I do agree with the parent comment.

Schedule is not bad for the Jets. I have faith in Mike, that over the years he can get some kids out of Hominy Valley to start playing again. My predictions for year one:

@Hayesville - Jets in a close one
Pisgah - Jets go to 1-1
Rosman - ugly defensive game that the Jets win
Erwin - good crowd and Jets win
ACReynlds - Jets not competitive
TC Roberson - Jets lose by 14
McDowell close, but Jets fall to 3-4
N Buncombe - Jets lose
N Henderson -Jets win to get to 4-5
Asheville - close but Jets close 4-6 but start to build on being competitive

Reactions: Titanman27
Pisgah always brings a good crowd to Enha as Enka does at Pisgah.Mikes a good coach and will do a good job if they give him time.

Schedule is not bad for the Jets. I have faith in Mike, that over the years he can get some kids out of Hominy Valley to start playing again. My predictions for year one:

@Hayesville - Jets in a close one
Pisgah - Jets go to 1-1
Rosman - ugly defensive game that the Jets win
Erwin - good crowd and Jets win
ACReynlds - Jets not competitive
TC Roberson - Jets lose by 14
McDowell close, but Jets fall to 3-4
N Buncombe - Jets lose
N Henderson -Jets win to get to 4-5
Asheville - close but Jets close 4-6 but start to build on being competitive
Asheville enka came close? Lol

There is a lot of buzz growing again with the Asheville program. Still think they are a step or 2 behind Reynolds but they are coming.

There IS no better school in WNC for a football coach IMO. Low expectations, absolutely top notch facilities and a very good and loyal fan base are definite assets. On the downside, the demographics at EHS are about like Pisgah and Tuscola....99 percent white rural student body, and just not as athletic as the other schools in Buncombe county on a regular basis. If the new coach can find a system that works with the talent at hand, Enka can be competitive.. Maybe something like the system T Pursley used at Tuscola for 4 or 5 years. Fix the defense first, and above all, stay as far away from a damn "spread" as he can get.

The problem is that most of coaches have bought into the spread whether they have the personnel to run it or not. Throw in the dads who think Little Johnny can't get that scholarship to Southern Bumfuzzle State U if coach still runs the Veer so "we're uh transferrin'" and you get what we have.

Reactions: WhoaMule
There is a lot of buzz growing again with the Asheville program. Still think they are a step or 2 behind Reynolds but they are coming.
You may be right, Reynolds deserves the benefit of the doubt, but Asheville should be as good or better than anybody in WNC this year. We will find out soon

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT