ADVERTISEMENT

Elkin vs East Wilkes Monday Night Football

5 way battle between EW..Starmount..Elks..South Stokes...North Stokes....none of these teams are consisent and maybe be depleted with injuries...never know what ya gonna get...North Stokes definitely in the hole already with an 0-2 conference start..i believe..

...tell us somethin we dont know..East will run 20 series of plays and they are guaranteed to have at least 2 holding calls or unsportsmanlike penalties within each series..I have never seen anything like it...EW is definitely not good enough to overcome such a barrage of penalties. Hats off to the coaches at Elkin...not many teams are gonna beat the Elks in a close game...they just know how to grind it out and they don't beat themselves ..by being super undisciplined. I wouldn't be surprised if EW lays a goose egg in the win column in conference play...EW has a few injuries..but so does everybody else...They just arent a disciplined bunch and always seem to find ways to consistently help the other teams out...

Last edited:
I'm just curious how they played this game, with both teams having games Friday. According the Charlotte Observer teams are rescheduling conference games in that area on Tuesday nights that West Cabarrus has 3 games in 8 days scheduled.
But the NCHSAA rules clearly states...
"Number or Regular Season Contests: No more than one may be scheduled per week. Total, 10 games."
So how is this rule being circumvented? I can't find an article where the nchsaa has gave like special permission because of covid or anything.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'm just curious how they played this game, with both teams having games Friday. According the Charlotte Observer teams are rescheduling conference games in that area on Tuesday nights that West Cabarrus has 3 games in 8 days scheduled.
"Number or Regular Season Contests: No more than one may be scheduled per week. Total, 10 games."
So how is this rule being circumvented? I can't find an article where the nchsaa has gave like special permission because of covid or anything.
You have to get it approved thru the nchsaa. Same way that MA and EW will play on a Monday and MA and Elkin play on Friday

...tell us somethin we dont know..East will run 20 series of plays and they are guaranteed to have at least 2 holding calls or unsportsmanlike penalties within each series..I have never seen anything like it...EW is definitely not good enough to overcome such a barrage of penalties. Hats off to the coaches at Elkin...not many teams are gonna beat the Elks in a close game...they just know how to grind it out and they don't beat themselves ..by being super undisciplined. I wouldn't be surprised if EW lays a goose egg in the win column in conference play...EW has a few injuries..but so does everybody else...They just arent a disciplined bunch and always seem to find ways to consistently help the other teams out...

Pretty much accurate on the discipline part. Talent wise they are good and better than Elkin, but when a team keeps messing up like they have been and it's not fixed that comes down as much to coaching. Elkin does a good job of exploiting that. Wilmoth needs to step it up; he already has enough heat on him. In that way EW has been a mirage of a team if I've ever seen one.

Frustrating to see the talent they have being wasted.

As for who gets 2nd if not East.. really hard to say. South has the best non MA back in Carrick but their line isn't great. Elkin's offense is neat but their defense isn't great. Starmount runs it good but they have a hard time finding consistency. Same with Alleghany. North Stokes's biggest problem is theirselves. They are in the shotgun when they don't have the personnel to fit it properly across the board. They are ruining their chances.

Could be a 4 way tie for 2nd for all we know 🤣 ; gonna be a fun 4 years here

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
there has been a rule in place for years that a team can play on monday or tuesday after a friday game to make up a cancellation

there has been a rule in place for years that a team can play on monday or tuesday after a friday game to make up a cancellation
well used to be you could play more then 10 games as well but my quote came from the new rules starting this year and I can't find anywhere in the new rules that accounts for makeup games though I may just not see it the same old rule might still be in affect I just don't see it. But others have said the schools are asking for and getting permission from the nchsaa which they're probably having to be flexible in these times especially when it comes to conference play.
https://www.nchsaa.org › filesPDF
Web results
2021-2022 NCHSAA Handbook - Football Rules and Regulations

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT