ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton vs Tarboro

Come on man, Atleast give us until Sunday to start that week long headache!

Same song and dance we hear all about Edentons M Stanley blah blah blah best RB in the state Blah Blah Blah! Road Block ahead called Tarboro.. I’m
Not sure why Edenton still talks smack when they haven’t earned the right to

Reactions: BigBird12
Which Edenton fan has talked smack? Name one. I’ll wait right here.

Aces fans are not the type to brag. It’s those Northeastern fans who are predicting an Aces win this year. We knew this games was coming and now we have 7 days to talk about it. I hope the Aces fans show up to support their team. Looking forward to a rocking good time at Vikings Stadium Friday night.

I remember a couple of weeks ago saying the only game Holmes had that could be considered a measuring stick was Northeastern. Northeastern just did to SWE exactly what Tarboro did to them at the Junction. Northeastern plays the Aces every year and they could not stop those guys this year.

We all know Holmes offense vs Tarboro defense is strength on strength. The real question is how well the Viking offense operates against the Aces defense. If the Aces have to score every drive to match us, well we’ve seen that play out before.

Also, I have nothing but respect for Holmes fans. They have brought it every game we have played against them. They are a super fan base, and with the support they give their team, they deserved a better fate than getting blown out the last two years. I hope they walk away disappointed again this year, but I doubt they will see their team get blown out again.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
I like our defense in this one. If we don’t turn the ball over and set them up for easy scores, I expect us to prevail in the end

Holmes will need to have some semblance of a passing game in order to win this game. Stopping the Vikings offense is next to impossible unless they turn the ball over. Until someone is able to put 8 or 9 in the box, and stop that run game, Tarboro will keep rolling. If Holmes is able to keep it close early, and gain some confidence, they have the staff and players to win the game. With that said... I’m still picking Vikings 41-30

Big bird, don’t tell your boy goobs that, he said edenton by 10 plus

I just remember all the Tarboro posters up here's predictions for Northeastern at Swe. I don't think they worked out to well for everyone. Edenton survives and advances. Post it up all to see. Big Bird and myself frequently disagree even though we're both Northeastern guys. Do you guys not think Holmes would've beaten SWE? Mitjonta Stanley will run for over 150 yards Friday night. You may slow him down but he's still going to get his numbers. Anyways I'm no Edenton fan but I will pull for them Friday. Going to be a good game in Tarboro but another good one will be in Clinton. We got our hands full.

I just remember all the Tarboro posters up here's predictions for Northeastern at Swe. I don't think they worked out to well for everyone. Edenton survives and advances. Post it up all to see. Big Bird and myself frequently disagree even though we're both Northeastern guys. Do you guys not think Holmes would've beaten SWE? Mitjonta Stanley will run for over 150 yards Friday night. You may slow him down but he's still going to get his numbers. Anyways I'm no Edenton fan but I will pull for them Friday. Going to be a good game in Tarboro but another good one will be in Clinton. We got our hands full.
My prediction for the Tarboro game was “You’ll see a much better game in Pinetops.”

Reactions: daagoob
Goob, I really believe Stanley is a great back. Tarboro will have to work to keep him contained.

On the flip side Edentons gotta contain Kimani McDaniels, Cameron Powell, Khalil Staton, Tobias Joyner, Travis Johnson, and Jalon Razor....All are averaging over 8 yards per carry and would be 1,000 yard rushers on any other 1A team in the state.

Goob, I really believe Stanley is a great back. Tarboro will have to work to keep him contained.

On the flip side Edentons gotta contain Kimani McDaniels, Cameron Powell, Khalil Staton, Tobias Joyner, Travis Johnson, and Jalon Razor....All are averaging over 8 yards per carry and would be 1,000 yard rushers on any other 1A team in the state.
I know Tarboro is a great team. I'm just letting everyone know that Holmes is so much better. Believe me, as a NE fan I know. That's all I'm trying to say. I could come up here and say had we had about 30 more seconds on the clock we would've probably beaten Edenton once again but I'm not. Edenton was the best team we played all year. Not the most talented (Havelock), but the best all around. I was very impressed, they beat a good NE team that night. Tarboro may very well win but I'm taking Edenton. Going to be a great game. It's not going to be a blowout. If it is then I'll admit I'm wrong.

I know Tarboro is a great team. I'm just letting everyone know that Holmes is so much better. Believe me, as a NE fan I know. That's all I'm trying to say. I could come up here and say had we had about 30 more seconds on the clock we would've probably beaten Edenton once again but I'm not. Edenton was the best team we played all year. Not the most talented (Havelock), but the best all around. I was very impressed, they beat a good NE team that night. Tarboro may very well win but I'm taking Edenton. Going to be a great game. It's not going to be a blowout. If it is then I'll admit I'm wrong.
Thanks for your honesty goob.

Please help me understand why you think Edenton is just going to beat Tarboro with all do respect? You go on and on about M Stanly do you realize how good Tarboro’s defense and offense really are? I mean I could see if y’all have beaten them previously and I totally understand being pumped up about your team and supporting them but to say someone is going to put 150 yds on Tarboro the same RB and same team that’s gotten blown out the last two years by Tarboro in my opinion is downright comical. So bring on the silly yellow smoke and all the banners because it won’t matter it won’t help y’all

Tarboro may be the best team in the state over 3 classifications period.

We have one of the best 2a teams in Nc right here in Elizabeth City and you'd never know it if you rode thru our city during football season. It's actually embarrassing tbh. Our business Cartwright Collision is the only business in Elizabeth City that has signage showing support for Coach Moore and our Eagles. It's just sad

Please help me understand why you think Edenton is just going to beat Tarboro with all do respect? You go on and on about M Stanly do you realize how good Tarboro’s defense and offense really are? I mean I could see if y’all have beaten them previously and I totally understand being pumped up about your team and supporting them but to say someone is going to put 150 yds on Tarboro the same RB and same team that’s gotten blown out the last two years by Tarboro in my opinion is downright comical. So bring on the silly yellow smoke and all the banners because it won’t matter it won’t help y’all

Once again I'm not an Edenton fan

you guys need to stop biting on da goobs post. He admitted early this year that he was trying to stir the pot as he did last year. Let him believe what he wants.

Stirred it last year just to have fun. This year I'm being honest. I just think you guys are making a mistake if you believe this Holmes team is no different than years past. I just want Northeastern to win against a good Clinton team. I've never seen so many posters for one team on this site. Edenton only has like 2 posters up here and we have myself,Big Bird,Td08,James Davis,Bullet,Michael Vick,and Eaglefan

Stirred it last year just to have fun. This year I'm being honest. I just think you guys are making a mistake if you believe this Holmes team is no different than years past. I just want Northeastern to win against a good Clinton team. I've never seen so many posters for one team on this site. Edenton only has like 2 posters up here and we have myself,Big Bird,Td08,James Davis,Bullet,Michael Vick,and Eaglefan

I never hear from Michael Vick on the 1a board. I guess he doesn’t have a “dog” in this fight.

Couldn’t help myself...

I'm taking Edenton in this game by 7. Each year is different. SWE gave Tarboro a good game if I'm not mistaken. I believe it was 12-7 at the half, Tarboro. Edenton will have to play a complete 4 qtrs but I think they can get it done.

And dont forget DirtyBird88.. always EaglePride...ClassOf88.

Egoton too cocky. Egoton mistake prone. Unchallenged. Egostarters can't play 4qrtrs. Egoton egottitled, uncouth and home-cooked. Egoton no slouch but Vikings by 17+. Discipline beats Egoton. Speed wins.
Go East. Beat West.

Tarboro until someone proves otherwise. Best in the state in all classifications emmm..... but they are the best in 1a. 2a would be interesting. Not sure they are a Shelby caliber. But maybe. You have to beat Shelby to actually earn that one.

I'm taking Edenton in this game by 7. Each year is different. SWE gave Tarboro a good game if I'm not mistaken. I believe it was 12-7 at the half, Tarboro. Edenton will have to play a complete 4 qtrs but I think they can get it done.
Thank you Falcon. They will not stop Stanley, the question is can Edenton stop or slow down Tarboro's running game. I believe they can. The Aces defense and qb play is head and shoulders better than any Aces team we've ever played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT