ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton vs Manteo

JAHAces

Dec 5, 2016
Edenton Aces host Manteo this Friday, 10/27. Winner will likely take 1A Albemarle Athletic Conference. Should be a good game. Both teams are 8-1. Outside of Northeastern, Manteo will be Edenton’s toughest opponent before playoffs. Any predictions?

Bertie was destroying Manteo 20-0 till they self destructed in the 3rd qtr to take a loss 21-20. I don't think Manteo will pose much of a challenge for Edenton.

Bertie was destroying Manteo 20-0 till they self destructed in the 3rd qtr to take a loss 21-20. I don't think Manteo will pose much of a challenge for Edenton.
I see Manteo has a decent running game with a RB at 6'3 240lbs that pretty decent.

Interesting match up here. Holmes’ offense is averaging just under 50 points a game and Manteo’s defense has only given up 59 points all year. Something’s got to give. Which one is it going to be?

Tarboro is off this Friday night. I’m tempted to make the trip to Edenton. The wife will not be happy but ...

Reactions: JAHAces
Tarboro is off this Friday night. I’m tempted to make the trip to Edenton. The wife will not be happy but ...
Come on and bring her along with you. There are plenty of cool places to hang out downtown before the game and it is only about five blocks from the stadium.

Reactions: JAHAces
Hey JKVikes remember the last time you guys played the ACE'S with Gurley and all you guys from Tarboro was underestimating them because of their conference and size
Come on over man,you remember the last time Tarboro and the Ace's played with Gurley was a great game Holmes should have won you guys were lucky that night. Don't under estimate them like you guys did the last time no matter what the score is Friday night win or lose. They are currently playing with a starting RB's at QB who is a sophomore but considering everything is doing a good job filling in for the starter who is a junior and got hurt the first game of the season.

I remember Gurley not playing two quarters due to an injury. I remember him going in the last series (we scored ) . We were resting him for the bigger picture. He didn't play a lot the following week either. Also, how should they have won? If anything we should've won by more. They were good that year don't get me wrong but should've won? Don't think so.

I remember seeing Gurley tweek his ankle that night and hobbling around as a decoy until the final series. I believe you guys had a couple of twins on your team that were super quick. I know your players took that loss hard. They expected to win that game and were in tears at the end. That was my only trip but it was memorable.

Do you expect your Jr. quarterback to return for the playoffs?

Edenton 43 Manteo 7. Manteo is far weaker than you would think with a 8-1 record. 3 fumbled or blocked punts in a row inside the 20.

Final score: Edenton over Manteo 50-7. The game was over early. Edenton led 36-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
I remember seeing Gurley tweek his ankle that night and hobbling around as a decoy until the final series. I believe you guys had a couple of twins on your team that were super quick. I know your players took that loss hard. They expected to win that game and were in tears at the end. That was my only trip but it was memorable.

Yes, but they still might keep Stanley at QB the rest of the way, they already have enough guys that can do the job at RB.

The Aces would have won if the coach didn't out coach himself and ran the fullback Jackson that was averaging five yards a carry through the A gap all night,even your players later on after the game said the same thing that they don't know why the Aces didn't run Jackson for the first down. Gurley admitted in an interview while in college and asked the question what was his toughest game and teams that he has played against in high school and guest what,he said the Edenton Aces. How did you like the TD run that one oft he twin ran through your entire defense near the side line for about 65 or 70yds. cutting in and out,stopping and starting again that was a highlight ESPN run man one of the best I ever saw in a high school game.

I remember Gurley not playing two quarters due to an injury. I remember him going in the last series (we scored ) . We were resting him for the bigger picture. He didn't play a lot the following week either. Also, how should they have won? If anything we should've won by more. They were good that year don't get me wrong but should've won? Don't think so.
Man Jackson was killing you guys by getting five yards a carry on almost every play plus you guys was up at half time and the Aces caught up and took the lead, then you guys scored again with Gurley and then the Aces got the ball back with a minute of something like that and on two fourth down plays in a row the Aces got the first down and was driving for the winning TD on or near you guys 20yds line and needed three yds. for a first down but the coach did too much coaching on that three yards needed play by trying to run a sweep with one of the twins instead of just playing hard nose football and just let Jackson dominated you guys up the middle like he was doing all night. You guys and you know it didn't have an answer for him on defense you guys were dead tired in the fourth quarter,the Aces could have went another quarter you know why, one day I will let the secret out about how the Aces train in the off season. Peace my Brother.

Man Jackson was killing you guys by getting five yards a carry on almost every play plus you guys was up at half time and the Aces caught up and took the lead, then you guys scored again with Gurley and then the Aces got the ball back with a minute of something like that and on two fourth down plays in a row the Aces got the first down and was driving for the winning TD on or near you guys 20yds line and needed three yds. for a first down but the coach did too much coaching on that three yards needed play by trying to run a sweep with one of the twins instead of just playing hard nose football and just let Jackson dominated you guys up the middle like he was doing all night. You guys and you know it didn't have an answer for him on defense you guys were dead tired in the fourth quarter,the Aces could have went another quarter you know why, one day I will let the secret out about how the Aces train in the off season. Peace my Brother.

The Aces were a tough team that year. You had a lot of talent. I would suggest that your coach had a reason to change his attack. At any rate, that year we had the toughest playoff games I have ever attended. We had to go on the road to face undefeated Nothside Jax and undefeated Holmes. We won 5 games (including the state championship) by a total margin of 18 points. I am not taking anything away from Edenton when I say the Vikings players and coaches EARNED that championship.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT