ADVERTISEMENT

2A ECC Tournament

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Kicked off yesterday with Goldsboro defeating Midway 72-48 on the boys side....earlier today James Kenan beat Wallace 50-39.....Goldsboro and James Kenan will play in the semi final tomorrow....Clinton will play the winner of East Duplin vs Spring Creek which is bout to be under way

On the girls side yesterday Midway beat Spring Creek 54-43....todays games Wallace vs Goldsboro have not heard a final score yet and Clinton vs James Kenan

Clinton girls lose at the buzzer 42-40 to James Kenan....heartbreaking way to end the season. Frustrating injury plague season for the lady Horses who wont ger a chance to defend their 2A State Championship.....James Kenan girls will play East Duplin girls tomorrow

Goldsboro girls defeated Wallace 51-46.....Goldsboro vs Midway tomorrow in the girls semi finals

Semi Finals in the ECC tournament Thursday
Girls
4:00pm #1East Duplin vs #4James Kenan
7:00pm #2Midway vs #3Goldsboro

Boys
5:30pm #1Clinton vs #5Spring Creek
8:30pm #2Goldsboro vs #3James Kenan

Spring creek played us tough last time, their man 2 man defense had our offense struggling for about 3 1/2 quarters. Hope we jump on them early. Go horses

ECC semis first game of the day on the girls side top seed East Duplin beats James Kenan 53-34. Panthers adavnce to title game tomorrow will play the winner of Midway vs Goldsboro

Clinton up on Spring Creek 44-28 a couple mins left in half

Last edited:
Goldsboro girls upset #2 Midway 53-51.....Girls ECC final East Duplin vs Goldsboro

You must not have gone to the game. 33-28 at the half. Clinton pulled away in the second half with a more focused defensive effort and the gators went cold.

He was probably mistaken by my score update person who was texting me the score made it sound like it was right before halftime

James Kenan upsets #2 seed Goldsboro 58-55 per Maxpreps....Clinton vs James Kenan in the mens Championship tomorrow

ECC Tournament Championship games set:

Girls 6:00pm #1 East Duplin vs #3 Goldsboro

Boys 7:00pm #1 Clinton vs #3 James Kenan

You must not have gone to the game. 33-28 at the half. Clinton pulled away in the second half with a more focused defensive effort and the gators went cold.

Yea I did not. I saw the post on here about 44-28 with a few min to go b4 half and just assumed. Spring creek and their man2man D gives clinton fits. I worry that when we meet a team with equal talent and athleticism who plays tough man2man D if we will be able to execute offensively.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Some other games of interest going down Friday as far as playoff ranking implications

Greene Central and Kinston will.be playing in the Eastern Carolina tournament final they split the regular season and were co champs so winner of this should get the #1 seed for the conference in the playoffs and possible the #1 overall seed in the East. I understand the whole strength of schedule stuff but i wish they(Maxpreps) would take overall record into more consideration when ranking these teams.

Another game to watch Fairmont vs West Columbus in the 3 Rivers Tournament Title game. Correct me if im wrong but with it being a split league Fairmont win or.lose would still.get the #1 seed for their conference on the 2A side since West Columbus is 1A and vice versa??? Split conferences always confuse me idk.

If Clinton and Fairmont win i believe they should both jump the loser of the Greene Central/Kinston game as far as the ranking and seeding goes

Yea I did not. I saw the post on here about 44-28 with a few min to go b4 half and just assumed. Spring creek and their man2man D gives clinton fits. I worry that when we meet a team with equal talent and athleticism who plays tough man2man D if we will be able to execute offensively.

Sorry guy that texted me the score didnt tell me it was the 3rd quarter i was thinking it was around halftime

The Clinton game was close at the half. Coach Jordan is the best at making halftime adjustments. It looked like a different team after the break!

Lol President of the Coach Jordan fan club Jesus.....give the kids some credit once and awhile geez

Jordan has the school record for most wins in a season (last year). That says a lot about the man.

All im going to say is Mr. Boykin(Tim) let Mikayla stay at Clinton but both his sons Mike and Marcus moved them to different schools.....i wonder why hmmmmm....exactly

Jordan has the school record for most wins in a season (last year). That says a lot about the man.

Dude, you are drinking the kool-aid! A blind man could roll the ball out and win with these boys. Since your a Jordan fan(or maybe even Jordan himself) please explain all the off the court issues that you don't seem too be concerned about that keep happening. Coaching is more than wins or loses. I have had some of those boys tell me at the block that they have no respect for him as a coach but like him as a teacher. A friend that went last night said the only adjust was clinton played zone the second half on defense.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
End of the 1st quarter in the Boys game 14-11 JK leading....Clinton came out flat and was down 14-4

Sloppy lackluster performance by Clinton so far alot of missed shots....had a couple point blank looks a couple missed dunks lucky for us James Kenan cant seem to find their offense either......Halftime score tied 18-18

Clinton wins 60-30 now 23-1(12-0) ECC regular season and tournament champions congrats to these young men

Some other games i kept my eye on

Kinston 61 Greene Central 60

Fairmont 82 West Columbus 53 Fairmont is looking scary not gonna lie

I see where Northside-Jax won their conference tourney easily 65-33 thats like 50+ games in a row.....seriously think they have a chance to give Cox Mill a run for their money in 3A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT