2.Goldsboro 13-2(4-1)
3.East Duplin 7-5(3-2)
4.Wallace Rose-Hill 3-6(1-2)
5.Spring Creek 5-8(1-3)
6.James Kenan 9-3(1-3)
7. Midway 5-7(0-3)

Last night's games
Goldsboro 98 East Duplin 47

Seems like Goldsboro recaptured alil bit of that swagger they lost last week after getting blown out by Clinton. East Duplin had looked good in some previous games but got a wake up call last night.

Heard Goldsboro lost to spring creek before they beat ED. Hangover game I guess.

After a sluggish cold shooting start Clinton is currently leading East Duplin 24-13 at the half

Final Clinton 64 East Duplin 23....Clinton improves to 14-1 5-0 in conference play.....will make up yesterday's game at Spring Creek on Monday

Saturday action in ECC...a match up between undefeated girls team Midway and ED ends with Midway winning 49-46.....ED boys defeated Midway 50-38

Clinton defeated Spring Creek last night 67-45 to improve to 15-1(6-0) will travel and play Midway Wednesday

Clinton 76 Midway 34 final....Clinton improves to 16-1(7-0).....big week next week.....Monday vs JK Tuesday vs Goldsboro for the regular season come title and Friday vs Spring Creek

Final Clinton 88 JK 65 Clinton improves to 17-1(8-0)......gonna need a much better defensive effort tomorrow night vs Goldsboro....offensive output was as good as usual multiple players in double figures gotta play tougher defense against a Goldsboro team at home looking for revenge for that earlier 40 point blowout

Clinton and Goldsboro in the midst of a battle Clinton leading 26-22 in the 2nd quarter

Clinton 74 Goldsboro 46 final.....Clinton solidifies that #1 ranking and perhaps put the finishing touches on a ECC regular season title

One thing I'm worried bout is complacency if they can fight that off they have a chance to make some history

In the real poll that matters, Clinton is ranked #5 in the state. If things don't change that means Kinston and Fairmont will be higher seeds due to strength of schedule.

Hope one of the others slip up I guess....team has proven it can win some tough games away from home

You would hope that dominate win over the #6 team on the road like that would cause a slight rise in the ranking.....if Clinton runs the table and wins the conference tourney in convincing fashion I would think that would be good enough to at least get the 2 if not 1 overall seed in the East......

On the girls side not much to talk about it's a two team race East Duplin and Midway they split the two meetings both teams winning by 3 points....1/20 Midway 49 ED 46 the last week ED 57 Midway 54....when those two meet in the conference tournament it should be a barn burner

What is crazy is how Green Central is ranked higher than Kinston because Kinston beat them and they are in same conference.

Greene Central and Kinston are both huge as far as size is concerned I look forward to seeing how we match up if our paths cross in the upcoming playoffs.....but until then one game at a time

In other news Coach Davis and his Sampson Middle school team goes for his 7th straight conference title today against Midway Middle.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Was never in doubt, Sampson middle with their 7th straight title. 36-19 Final Congrats guys. Coach’s defense is real. Score was 18-3 at halftime.

Ok quick question for Clinton fans who follow football up here....why can Jahiem Faison play JV basketball but wasn't allowed to finish out the football season? And never really got a clear explanation why he was removed from football...someone posted something about out of district concerns....he was the teams leading rusher at the time of his dismissal and seemed to be getting his footing as a sophomore on varsity....I hope this means he will be able to play football next year

He had to wait for Cumberland county to clear him and they took the remainder of the season (football) to do so. Apparently he was living in clinton with his sister while his mom was living in Cumberland county. Precaution wise he was held out till cleared but you Are at the mercy of the county In which the parent lives to clear you, and they drug their feet. He is good to go now.

Lineup for today 2/2/18

Goldsboro at Wallace - Goldsboro wins big

Spring Creek at Clinton- i see it being competitive Spring Creek gained some confidence the other night but Clinton at home should roll by 10-15 If not more

JK at Midway- JK upset bout the lost to Spring Creek takes it out on a down Midway team. JK by 20+

Strong defensive effort by Spring Creek game has been closer than most expected.......going into the 4th Clinton 53 Spring Creek 40

Final Clinton 79 Spring Creek 50....Clinton's clinches ECC regular season title improves to 19-1(10-0) congrats to Coach Jordan and the team

Reactions: DHbballfan
Other ECC scores tonight JK 65 Midway 58 closer than I expected. ...Still have not seen anything from the Goldsboro vs WRH game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT