ADVERTISEMENT

eastern Wayne at Southern Guildford

Overtime for the right to get blasted by Havelock would be my guess.
You must be pulling for EW so you can get that home game 252.

Sounded like a bit of controversy on the last play. SG goes for 2 & the win. Gallaspy ends up in end zone with ball but forward progress had been stopped? Oh well...ball game.

Yeah sounded like they didn't even give him a chance to gain back foward progress but you never know if u not there idc either way see you next week eastern Wayne

Based on stats alone, one would think SG would give Havelock a better game, but that's why we play the game. Either way Havelock should still win easily. Here's hoping Crest gets a shot at the champs and can keep it entertaining.

Good luck against Eastern Wayne...not that you'll need it.

I'm not a referee moaner slash groaner, but I saw two plays called tonight, including the last one of the game, that still is hard to conceive. One was a interference called against Southern Guilford with a fourth and twelve. Wilt frickin' Chamberlain couldn't have TOUCHED it, much less caught it. This kept an Eastern Wayne drive alive, which they later scored. Also, Southern had the ball at the Eastern Wayne one yard line going for two in overtime, and they said Gallaspy's forward progress was stopped, and supposedly blew the whistle, as Gallaspy stood in the end zone. It's one of the most bizarre endings to a game I've ever seen, including some after game chipperness on the field that is possible someone will be given In School Suspension or a visit form The Pockets Dipping Committee.. Southern had chances to put them away, but Eastern Wayne bowed up and never quit.
P.S. Win the whole deal, Havelock, the home of Two Five Two, Spelling Bee For Geography Geniuses Champion from Cravden County.

Lol gso..... Terrible...are you hurting so bad u have to make fun of the way somebody spelled guillldddfffotjdj county... Haha. Just remember cravden county has 2 teams playing for regional titles....

Go Bears

Uncatchable balls don't mean nothing in high school ball, GSO. Can't help you on the 2-point thing. Couldn't have been home cooking but this wouldn't be the first time EW advanced in the playoffs via some zebra hep.

Wilt Chamberlain couldn't have caught that pass if he'd been standing on a twenty foot ladder perched on Bill Russell's shoulders, Mister P.D. Sports. How does one get their forward progress stopped if one is on the one yard line still churnin' for yardage, with the ball carrier eventually winding up in the end zone ? I've never seen such, and I've never seen the officials exit the facility as rapidly as these exited, as a mini free for all broke out after the contest was concluded.

Pass interference rules vary between NFL, NCAA, and NFHS rules in regards to enforcement and definition. For example, for NCAA, the pass has to be "catchable" and there is has to be contact, whereas in high school, it does not have to be catchable and face guarding is a foul.[/I]

I'd love to see the film of the game.
FYI ..as someone as mentioned ...high school has no ... not catchable rule...so that's a non factor.
Legs churning and it's blown dead ? That happens all the time on forward progress spots. May be churning but going no where..so it's blown dead. Maybe the knee was down ?? I don't know...I'd like to see it.
Lastly ... the officials exiting in a hurry??? That's what they are supposed to do. Once that game is over -- they have zero jurisdiction..so they leave the field. What happens then is up to the schools to deal with.

It's the same with people arguing with concord and havelock lost year saying if concord scored they would have won is nonsense they were down 8 still had to get the 2 to even go in overtime kinda stupid for people to say the was one yard from winning lmaoo

For my first ever post on Preps, I just want to clarify exactly what I seen (from visitor's side) on Saturday night at the end of the game, since apparently nobody seen what I did....

First of all, SG was saved on their first attempt at their 2-point conversion by an encroachment penalty, in which they fumbled that snap as the whistle was blew. Then from the 1 1/2 yard line, the snap hit 25 directly in the helmet, bounced straight up in the air...by the time he recovered, their was a swarm of EW players on top of him. From our angle it sure looked like we took him all the way to the ground. He was NEVER standing up in the end zone after the play was over. He was crouched down at the 3 yard line for several moments while some sort of discussion played out on the field. Anyways, a beautiful good hard fought game by both. A gutsy performance by our guys to come back from 49-35 with just under 3:00 to play. #25 for SG is a handful, a fine player. I would have gave it to him every play. Good luck to SG in the future and lets go EW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT