ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph Baseball

ColeridgeNC

May 10, 2016
......Hinson leaving? Why? he was only there two years.

Saw the head baseball job was open.

Dude Coach Hinson been there a LONG time. He assisted Neal for many years. Has been the head for past 3 years. His reasons for stepping down are personal and legitimate. I may have done the same.

Does worry me that the school has not named his successor as of now.

They still don't have a men's basketball coach yet either.

Dude Coach Hinson been there a LONG time. He assisted Neal for many years. Has been the head for past 3 years. His reasons for stepping down are personal and legitimate. I may have done the same.

Does worry me that the school has not named his successor as of now.

They still don't have a men's basketball coach yet either.

Sorry about that, did not realize he had been there that long as an assistant.

I was just curious as to why resigned as head coach. I thought he was doing a pretty dang good job.

Hey Mr. TheKidd,

I read the article about Mr. Grady Lawson. What a great community guy. I know he is missing being at baseball games.

Yeah Grady has not been able to attend many games last 3 years. He used to call pretty regularly but that has stopped also.

I played for legion in early 80s and coached jrs for him the last couple of years. He still liked winning just as much. Hate he can't make games.

Yeah Grady has not been able to attend many games last 3 years. He used to call pretty regularly but that has stopped also.

I played for legion in early 80s and coached jrs for him the last couple of years. He still liked winning just as much. Hate he can't make games.

Neat.

I played Legion at ER 2003 and 2004. I thought a lot of Grady as well and also saw the article.

Neat.

I played Legion at ER 2003 and 2004. I thought a lot of Grady as well and also saw the article.
Hey, not trying to tell any of you guys what to do, and maybe you do. But should make contact with Mr. Lawson. It would mean a lot to him. Do not ever forget the guys that helped us all get to where we are now.

Please do not take this as preaching. Just an old fart that still gets a thrill out of being called coach by past players. Haven't coached in years.

Hey, not trying to tell any of you guys what to do, and maybe you do. But should make contact with Mr. Lawson. It would mean a lot to him. Do not ever forget the guys that helped us all get to where we are now.

Please do not take this as preaching. Just an old fart that still gets a thrill out of being called coach by past players. Haven't coached in years.
Not taking it badly at all. Talked to him like I said regularly until recently. Grady was more of a manager than coach really. He lined up sponsorship and contacted players. Still does some fund raising according to the "local" paper even in assisted living.

Could be tough job to fill with no teaching position open.

Of course, there could be someone in the community who wants to do it.

ER doesn't usually do the community thing. Only coach I can think of that does not work there is softball. Think he got it at first because no one else would.

Oh he is good too.

Late in updating this thread. Eastern Randolph has named Mike Luther as head baseball coach for this spring. He attended ER and teaches in the science department.

Good luck to your Eastern Randolph Wildcats, Mister Kidd.
P.S. Which squad will be favored to win the PAC-7 Conference this campaign ?
Thank you sir. Will be my youngest child's last ride.

As far as conference Randleman is ranked 8th in Impact preseason 2A poll. However Providence Grove returns the best pitching staff and should be right near the top. Trinity lost some to graduation but has a very good nucleus of returnees. Wheatmore lost their workhorse lefthander to graduation and I heard through the grapevine their number 2 went charter route this past fall. Jordan Mathews usually has a pretty good squad but they are a mystery going into this year.

As far as ER lost top 2 pitchers, center fielder and left fielder all of them all conference. Not to mention their coach. Will probably be a rebuilding year but if they can find a way to score some runs could make things interesting for a lot of teams.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Thank you for your reply, Mister KIdd, but I've looked all over the internet and can not find the preseason polls for North Carolina. Is there any way you can post a link to this poll , or can you copy and paste the preseason poll for 4-A, 3-A, and 2-A ? Thanks in advance for your assistance concerning this issue , and again, good luck to the Eastern Randolph Wildcats..

Reactions: thekidd12
Thank you for your reply, Mister KIdd, but I've looked all over the internet and can not find the preseason polls for North Carolina. Is there any way you can post a link to this poll , or can you copy and paste the preseason poll for 4-A, 3-A, and 2-A ? Thanks in advance for your assistance concerning this issue , and again, good luck to the Eastern Randolph Wildcats..
Try here and scroll down to February 12th postings:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTBASEBALL_

I know they are just all about showcase ball but they do put out some things about HS baseball.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Thank you very much, Mister Kidd, for the informative link you shared. I had viewed this site and also the PBR site, first athanken' it stood for Pabst Blue Ribbon, the putrid tastin' adult beverage . For the interested diamond fans, this poll has Cherryville ranked numero uno in 1-A, Ledford in 2-A, Carson in 3-A, and Lake Norman in 4-A. Again, Mister Kidd, thanks for the information, and hoping you and yours are well.

Luther's a good dude. Never thought I'd see the word "loud" associated with him though.
Ok not "loud" when compared to my coaching style.

However after Hinson, who I do like, Luther is quite boisterous.

At least in scrimmage.

Best of luck to Eastern Randolph this year! They gave us some very competitive games the last 2 years. We will travel to Providence Grove late in the year this year.

Best of luck to Eastern Randolph this year! They gave us some very competitive games the last 2 years. We will travel to Providence Grove late in the year this year.
Same to your team. Still shaking from that game last year.

BRRRRR

Maxpreps has Wheatmore listed as having no Sr class. I thought there were some jrs that played last yr.

Early returns are mixed on team this year thus far. Appears to have a lot of heart and if pitching continues to improve may be interesting year. Began conference play this week with Providence Grove. ER eeked out a 9 inning 4-1win Thursday night in frigid weather. PG returned the favor with 7-6 win last night. Two strange good ballgames.

thekidd what can you tell me about Uwharrie Charter this year? Did they pick up any transfers this offseason? I noticed they've destroyed everyone they've played so far.

Murphy beat them in extra innings last season and I figure they along with North Stanly and East Surry will be Murphy's biggest competition to get back to the 1A state title game this season. Murphy returned all but 3 players and replaced them with two high level transfers that are brothers (one committed to Gardner Webb) and a stud freshman.

thekidd what can you tell me about Uwharrie Charter this year? Did they pick up any transfers this offseason? I noticed they've destroyed everyone they've played so far.

Murphy beat them in extra innings last season and I figure they along with North Stanly and East Surry will be Murphy's biggest competition to get back to the 1A state title game this season. Murphy returned all but 3 players and replaced them with two high level transfers that are brothers (one committed to Gardner Webb) and a stud freshman.
Only one I know of for sure was pitcher that would have been Wheatmore number 2 this year. A lot of the boys that are juniors and seniors have been there a while including three that should be at ER, and would play major roles.

Reactions: mbdfan
Thank you sir. Will be my youngest child's last ride.

As far as conference Randleman is ranked 8th in Impact preseason 2A poll. However Providence Grove returns the best pitching staff and should be right near the top. Trinity lost some to graduation but has a very good nucleus of returnees. Wheatmore lost their workhorse lefthander to graduation and I heard through the grapevine their number 2 went charter route this past fall. Jordan Mathews usually has a pretty good squad but they are a mystery going into this year.

As far as ER lost top 2 pitchers, center fielder and left fielder all of them all conference. Not to mention their coach. Will probably be a rebuilding year but if they can find a way to score some runs could make things interesting for a lot of teams.
Not bad predictions huh?

Randleman won conference regular season but lost to Providence Grove in tourney championship game. Eastern Randolph surprised by finishing third in conference, using my own tie breaker Wheatmore AD because of finish in tourney, even though it was a rebuilding year. Wheatmore is young and good and I like their coach. Jordan Mathews split with almost everybody but unless number one was on hill struggled some.

All in all a decent year by ER and Coach Luther.

Sorry to say my son's playing days are over. But he had a nice ride and his senior season was a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT