ADVERTISEMENT

East-West Game

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Man, was it great seeing some basketball again.

The West girls won by around 20 I think. They were clearly the better team overall. They outhustled the East and grabbed every loose ball known to mankind. Enka's Emily Carver was the best player on the floor (IMO). She was really fun to watch. Her game is smooth and she has a pretty shot.

The boys game was crazy. East jumped out to a 22-0 lead and I actually started wondering if the West was ever going to score. The West did score seconds later and eventually reeled off a couple of big runs to get within single-digits. However, Terquavian Smith came in again and took over. I think East ended up winning by around 25-30. Smith was named MVP (and rightfully so). That guy put on a show.

PG's Johnathon Foust played very well. At first, it seemed as if the speed of the game bothered him a bit. However, as the game went on, his confidence started to grow. He had a nice drive and two-handed flush and he also had a couple of nasty blocks (one on Smith). Foust also hit the boards hard and played some good defense. I can't wait to see how he does at Davidson-Davie.

Chris Ford (North Meck) and Daniel Cooper (Grimsley) also had really good games. Breon Pass did his usual thing. I also enjoyed watching Bradlee Haskell (Pinecrest) from the East. He plays with a healthy dose of confidence. He was knocking down shots from all over and giving Pass some fits on the defensive end.

I was surprised by how small the crowd was. I figured since Breon was playing there would be a lot more people. I think a lot of folks got scared off by the price of the Cheeseburger Basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT