ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry Vs Winston Salem Prep / MA vs SS

gdawg74

Nov 4, 2006
Week 4 in the Northwest 1a has a couple of interesting matchups. What's everyone's thoughts on these two? I think there's a possibility of a upset in pilot mtn and coach Diamont always gives the Bears fits. Bears are young but very talented , gonna be a fun few years in the Granite City as they continue to get much needed snaps. Couple of D1 power 5 commits going head to head in Pilot Mtn with Gosnell ( Ohio State ) and Patterson ( Clemson ). Should be fun to watch. Northwest is a Toss up right now with these 3 teams.

Mt airy by at least 21 pts the Bears are going to be fun to watch next few years

Prep / ES- Coin flip. Prep has more athletes but might get outcoached.

Bears have a running clock in 2nd half
WSPrep's 1st team played Lexington Senior is now 0-3 and then WSPrep beat 2A Bartlett Yancey, ranked 46 in 2A by a score of 38-26 before beating South Stokes,
but not so sure of a running clock. The bears win by 21 maybe 28 or more.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
MA is a good team and very physical upfront---heck pretty much everywhere. Poindexter is the deal and still has the ability to scramble and turn it into something nice--something I thought he might lose with the injury. IMO GSODBEARS is spot on with both predictions.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
MA will win by a comfortable margin.. their game with Prep will mean more than anyone else besides East. Prep's the only team in this NW that can beat MA besides East but it will be a tough go. As for South they will give MA some fits with the ball control but MA will eventually wear them out and win by at least 28.

Prep finally did knock South off for the 3rd spot.. that's a huge win for them by itself. South's been their crutch the past three years. Prep needs momentum heading into that new conference vs MIC and CSD.. this will be a huge step forward for them. East shouldn't be overlooking them for darn sure.. they are the perfect team to knock them down a peg if they ain't careful. Prep needs a statement before they go into that new conference. I think East will win but never say never on Prep.

Last edited:
When will ES get their quarterback back? He got hurt in the Reidsville game and did not play last week, and I have heard he is out again this week.

When will ES get their quarterback back? He got hurt in the Reidsville game and did not play last week, and I have heard he is out again this week.
Could we have a QB controversy in Pilot? Hawks came in and did great vs. Bishop but there is Boaz set to come back in a week or so.

South will be down several players on Friday night including their best player. RB/LB Jesse Carrick will be out this week.

Looks like one of last year's East Surry football players that is or was playing for Tennessee has been named in a drug arrest.

Hope the young man gets his life together.

Tennessee football is a huge mess right now.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Looks like one of last year's East Surry football players that is or was playing for Tennessee has been named in a drug arrest.

Hope the young man gets his life together.

Tennessee football is a huge mess right now.
This is true. MA was made out to be the bad guy for doing what they did which was suspend him. Kids need consequences for their actions or they wont learn. Here's to hoping he gets his life on track as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT