ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs Robbinsville who wins?

I would have to say East Surry in this one just because Robbinsville doesn’t have the height at corner to be able to defend the East Surry receivers. I do think Robbinsville would have success running the ball on offense though. And would definitely play great run defense.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
No where close and I really like Robbinsville. East is just on a different level than any 1a team this year.

Reactions: Fargo2017
I would have to say East Surry in this one just because Robbinsville doesn’t have the height at corner to be able to defend the East Surry receivers. I do think Robbinsville would have success running the ball on offense though. And would definitely play great run defense.
East would beat Robbinsville with about the same score as Tarboro if not more. Robbinsville is a great small 1A and showed it tonight. but East Surry is in a league above this year.

I haven't seen Robinsville play. I do know for a fact they beat a very good Reidsville team. Tarboro is no joke. E Surry has fast athletic players all over

The better game would be East Surry against Shelby. Passing against passing. Not sayin that East could beat Shelby at all but it would be a very very good game I believe with THIS YEARS teams. Can’t believe I just said 2 passing teams could be good football (gonna go wash out my mouth now ) :)

See now if we didn't have this dumb sub dividing crap we could find out who's better...it's gotta go
But that’s not fair the other school has 300+ more kids than us ......when every school has pretty much the same number of kids play football. Don’t matter is the school has 300 or the school has 800 they still have 30 ish kids. Now when you get schools with a tradition of football you have more players. JS

That's the way it was for yeas before the split and it worked out great you had one true champion it wasn't watered down like now where the same teams win over and over and over and over and over...awe it's not fair to other schools,that's the same mentality as everyone gets a trophy
But that’s not fair the other school has 300+ more kids than us ......when every school has pretty much the same number of kids play football. Don’t matter is the school has 300 or the school has 800 they still have 30 ish kids. Now when you get schools with a tradition of football you have more players. JS

Well let’s just do away with Classifications then ! That way the true State Champions would be crowned ! Just one State Championship game.

I know Indiana use to do it like that for basketball,only one state champion,not sure if they do it like that now though
Well let’s just do away with Classifications then ! That way the true State Champions would be crowned ! Just one State Championship game.

See now if we didn't have this dumb sub dividing crap we could find out who's better...it's gotta go

I spoke with a lot of coaches and school administrators this weekend. It will only get worse! Regardless, do not see it going below eight champions.

I know Indiana use to do it like that for basketball,only one state champion,not sure if they do it like that now though

They have not had a single open champion in nearly twenty years. I went to the Indiana state basketball championship game in 1991. Damon Bailey and over 41,000 others were there.

There should be classifications or division. Eight just seems too many. There are a lot of blowouts happening late in the playoffs not only on the scoreboard but just domination. Also, the east and west bracket format needs to be reviewed for semifinals and finals possibly. The football playoffs could use an overhaul. Would like to better logistical planning (all aspects), better matchups in the final hopefully resulting in closer games, and larger crowds.

I spoke with a lot of coaches and school administrators this weekend. It will only get worse! Regardless, do not see it going below eight champions.

While I think you're right there will probably remain 8 championships , I do see a possibility ( if next spring they vote for a 5A classification) that 1A and the new 5A of having only one championship while splitting 2A-4A. If the 5A gets voted down I guess the only difference between the next realignment and the last one will be the ADM numbers and some teams moving up or down in classification.

That's the way it was for yeas before the split and it worked out great you had one true champion it wasn't watered down like now where the same teams win over and over and over and over and over...awe it's not fair to other schools,that's the same mentality as everyone gets a trophy

You also didn't have the large gap and the amount of schools you do now. Let's not forget schools like Elkin among others were 3A back in the day. Their numbers haven't changed much since then...

While I think you're right there will probably remain 8 championships , I do see a possibility ( if next spring they vote for a 5A classification) that 1A and the new 5A of having only one championship while splitting 2A-4A. If the 5A gets voted down I guess the only difference between the next realignment and the last one will be the ADM numbers and some teams moving up or down in classification.

That's my thought. I wouldn't be shocked to see 10 state champions to be honest. All about the money. Either way it won't drop below 8.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Boaz would have all day to pass even on Robbinville's defense. He would pick them apart all game, as he has done to everyone this year. Plus the receivers don't drop many passes.

Boaz would have all day to pass even on Robbinville's defense. He would pick them apart all game, as he has done to everyone this year. Plus the receivers don't drop many passes.
You are probably correct about that but ,Mitchell was 1 bad call and overtime or 2 point conversion away from East Surry not being in the State game ,everybody matches up different.

You are probably correct about that but ,Mitchell was 1 bad call and overtime or 2 point conversion away from East Surry not being in the State game ,everybody matches up different.

Well as the other thread shows there's a lot of disagreements about that game but I can settle one thing , they would have gone for a two point conversion, they had already decided during the drive that if they score they were going for two.

Lest us Mitchell fans forget, they were running it down our throats and toying with us to keep Tarboro from seeing what they had. They could have beat us by 40 but they didn’t want to. Sarcasm in case TD doesn’t follow

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT