ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs. MIC

Idk gdawg? They have no defense and no JV team to pull from. Just don't know where they find any D
Most of the time I would agree but it appears that they have a solid coaching staff over there now and with open enrollment you never know who could show up on that team next year.

I’m just saying what they showed in Murphy Friday night should put some notice on the schedule next year. If they add to what’s already returning then their prospect of making some serious noise is real. Defense is a ? Buzz I agree but I have to think the coaching staff addresses this in the off season, not to mention the possibility of picking up 3 or 4 transfers along the way. I think if they take advantage of the open enrollment they have that they dominate 1a football in the near future , it’s a big if but a true possibility

Do you realize how bad North Stokes is? Yes they are the most talented duo anyone in the west will see this season by a good bit but to say North Stokes would be undefeated is a long stretch.

N Stokes isn't as bad as they have been.. very good sophomore class and some seniors this year. If the power 2 took a lineman or two with them to N Stokes they'd be a solid 6-7 win team due to the lack of depth. I think the more logical option would be South.. one Dave's there, and 2 they have better talent. Imagine Boaz with Gosnesll and that sophomore they have as well as the Fischer kid? That would be a hard to stop offense.

N.Surry and Starmount were not good teams defensively. It wasn't about either of the teams offenses. Honestly, neither were good teams this year. Mitchell is a good team and will give ES their biggest challenge to date. Their fan support will also almost rival Mt.Airy's. Those guys support their team well.

Starmount I agree on they under performed badly.. but us? Seriously?

We won 7 games dude. That's a sign of a good team.. we woulda had 8 to 10 if we had better luck or an easier non conference schedule. And if conference gets brought up in a reply.. we can't help where we are put we just play. We did try to enter the MVAC once but they were scared and told us no.. wonder why? :rolleyes:

Yeah our defense had some dud games but that's to be expected by a D full of sophomores and juniors. We overperformed in quite a few ways but it was due to the talent. North Forsyth, Walkertown, and the Bush did everything they could to screw us but they all lost in comical ways. I still LMAO at them. Central had a lucky drive to prevent a shutout, we had JV kids in when Carver scored.. we shoulda had 2 shutouts. For all the BS these kids experienced they coulda quit in week 3 when all the outside critics ran their traps but they played solid ball week 5 on and fought their hearts out. Hardly "pitiful," like that one East poster claimed. Offense was solid but the D won us those games when it mattered more than naught. Hopefully these kids get pissed off and lift this year then it will pay tremendously the next 2 years.

East had a lot of luck as our best WR's ankle was hurt by Elkin in a desperate move the week before and our line wasn't 100% yet. Mid season East still woulda won because they are what they are.. but I'll take the game as it is because it pissed the kids off.

East will get what's coming in a short period of years and all will be right with the world again. All these 50+ point wins will have their equality in response when other teams on their schedule has good years. Prep's looming as they have momentum, MA will be more experienced and that freshman class too, Reidsville is fuming and ready, Starmount has a good couple of classes needing direction, we got some good classes coming too, East Wilkes should be better.. Life's funny that way.

A healthy Badgett definitely would have helped North against East but I don’t know how much. If he was hit on some screens and broke a few, it would have equaled a score or two for North. Don’t think it would have helped on any deep balls because Swartz never had a chance that game - the ES d-line dominated the NS o-line and he never had time to throw.

On a separate note Slasher - you heavily emphasized ES getting paid back in the future due to blowout wins. Do you think East ran it up on North?

What did I miss ? How does 2AA North Surry fit into the 1AA playoffs or East Surry vs MIC. Seems this has got way off topic bashing North Surry. Is East Surry & MIC still playing Friday night ? North Surry is a topic for next year.

I think MICS keeps this one close for 3 quarters, until they are just exhausted in the 4th. Burris will be the best back that East sees all year, and I just don't see the cards stopping him.

Reactions: Mhsneer
I think MICS keeps this one close for 3 quarters, until they are just exhausted in the 4th. Burris will be the best back that East sees all year, and I just don't see the cards stopping him.

Reactions: NWWatchdog

We won 7 games dude. That's a sign of a good team.. we woulda had 8 to 10 if we had better luck or an easier non conference schedule. And if conference gets brought up in a reply.. we can't help where we are put we just play. We did try to enter the MVAC once but they were scared and told us no.. wonder why? :rolleyes:

Yeah our defense had some dud games but that's to be expected by a D full of sophomores and juniors. We overperformed in quite a few ways but it was due to the talent. North Forsyth, Walkertown, and the Bush did everything they could to screw us but they all lost in comical ways. I still LMAO at them. Central had a lucky drive to prevent a shutout, we had JV kids in when Carver scored.. we shoulda had 2 shutouts. For all the BS these kids experienced they coulda quit in week 3 when all the outside critics ran their traps but they played solid ball week 5 on and fought their hearts out. Hardly "pitiful," like that one East poster claimed. Offense was solid but the D won us those games when it mattered more than naught. Hopefully these kids get pissed off and lift this year then it will pay tremendously the next 2 years.

East had a lot of luck as our best WR's ankle was hurt by Elkin in a desperate move the week before and our line wasn't 100% yet. Mid season East still woulda won because they are what they are.. but I'll take the game as it is because it pissed the kids off.

East will get what's coming in a short period of years and all will be right with the world again. All these 50+ point wins will have their equality in response when other teams on their schedule has good years. Prep's looming as they have momentum, MA will be more experienced and that freshman class too, Reidsville is fuming and ready, Starmount has a good couple of classes needing direction, we got some good classes coming too, East Wilkes should be better.. Life's funny that way.
West Stokes beat you guys by nearly 50. Elkin beat you. We cant be talkin about how good N.Surry is in relation to their school size. Much respect but when you guys start beating E.Surry and Mt.Airy with some regularity then we can talk. N.Surry should be waaay better than they are consistently.

Reactions: Realfreedom

E.Surry beat you guys by nearly 70 pts. West Stokes beat you guys by nearly 50. Elkin beat you. We cant be talkin about how good N.Surry is in relation to their size

Last edited:
Reactions: FoothillHeadHunter
You wouldn't bet on it??.Lol..it's too late...it's already happened this past season. It's factual. Oops sorry TD your post showed up 3x..you weren't responding to my post about N.Surry.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I’m your daisy on that bet Mitchell county mountie. Based on what I seen last week in the granite city out of mics it’s a running clock after the half in pilot. To me Burris was good but smith had as good a game

Im still trying to figure out how anyone thinks that Burris is the BEST back that East Surry has seen all year. East played 2a Reidsville on THEIR home field and beat them. That does not happen very often. Reidsville would run through MIC like a dose of Exlax. I still see ES winning by 28 to 35 points. Barring a BIG injury to some of ES big guys it will not be close !!!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Yet he’s going to chapel hill. That’s a huge statement for the kid.

Going to a top notch university to play for a football program under the direction of one of great coaches of our time. Yeah it's a huge statement. I just don't see him being a running back there however. At least a feature back anyway.

This will be the toughest test for the Cards since Reidsville. MIC has athletes and will try to get pressure on Boaz. If they have an offensive game plan of taking the air out of the ball and running Burris, eating clock, getting first downs and keep ES offense off the field, MIC could keep it close. If they try to score with them, ES by 21. Overall, I think East will win either way . Just depends on MIC's game plan whether they get blown out or not. #analysis

This will be the toughest test for the Cards since Reidsville. MIC has athletes and will try to get pressure on Boaz. If they have an offensive game plan of taking the air out of the ball and running Burris, eating clock, getting first downs and keep ES offense off the field, MIC could keep it close. If they try to score with them, ES by 21. Overall, I think East will win either way . Just depends on MIC's game plan whether they get blown out or not. #analysis
East Surry by 21 each half. So ES by 42.
Games time-temperature to start at the mid-40s & low 40s by the end of the game. Mostly cloudy.

Last edited:
I am really interested in the outcome of this game. Would love to hear some unbiased opinions Friday night.

I am really interested in the outcome of this game. Would love to hear some unbiased opinions Friday night.
My guess is based on the Mount Airy vs East Surry score , The Mount Airy vs MIC score and what I think the East Surry vs MIC score will be. Took MIC 2 OTs to beat Mount Airy and MA only had 8 seniors 9 JRs and 15 sophomores. East is loaded with the same team that played Taroboro last year but a much better team.
East will beat MIC , East beat Mount Airy 42-10 and I think East is 42 points or more better than MIC.

Last edited:
Definitely not a good formula. The breakdown of the # of each class is so unecessary. You act as if there is no talent because of age. You guys beat that dead horse to death in nearly every post this year. Just say East Surry has better depth and talent, without all the underlying excuses of why Mt. Airy lost. A team can be heavily senior laden. It still doesn't guarantee wins. Good Coaching, Talent, Work ethic, and a little bit of Luck does.

Definitely not a good formula. The breakdown of the # of each class is so unecessary. You act as if there is no talent because of age. You guys beat that dead horse to death in nearly every post this year. Just say East Surry has better depth and talent, without all the underlying excuses of why Mt. Airy lost. A team can be heavily senior laden. It still doesn't guarantee wins. Good Coaching, Talent, Work ethic, and a little bit of Luck does.

THANK GOD I’m not the only person tired of hearing about how many players in each class play football for Mount Airy. Their best player was a senior, and they didn’t have any help around him whatsoever. However, I think MIC keeps it close because of their style, but East still wins by 14. My reason for that is because I just think East Surry is flat out better and more talented with their athletes and can score so fast.

Reactions: Illuminati704
Every so often a team comes along that just has IT in the area. Starmount, Elkin, Mount Airy, and West Stokes have all had this team. This year, East Surry has a team that can win it all.

As on unbiased person, I would think a ball control offense team would have the best chance to beat East Surry. You definitely have to keep them off the field.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
If MIC lost to Bessemer City there is a chink in their armor somewhere. East Surry by 21.

East Surry 50 MIC 20
E.S will be way too physical for MIC. They will take MIC out of their comfort zone early and often. They will put the game out of reach early and leave no doubt of who has the best, and most complete players on the field.

Reactions: ESguro
It took MIC and their 22 seniors listed on MaxPreps 2 OTs to beat a team loaded with 15 sophomores 9 Jrs and 8 SRs if I counted correctly. They aren't anything for ES to worry about.
TD I do believe your numbers are way off. Just because MA roster on Maxpreps shows all these sophomores and freshman doesn't mean played Varsity. I checked and came up with about 6 or 7 underclassmen that played up. Heck MaxPreps had one 10th grader listed twice. And some of those kids moved up because of need not because they were ready.

TD I do believe your numbers are way off. Just because MA roster on Maxpreps shows all these sophomores and freshman doesn't mean played Varsity. I checked and came up with about 6 or 7 underclassmen that played up. Heck MaxPreps had one 10th grader listed twice. And some of those kids moved up because of need not because they were ready.
You are right, I did not throw in the underclassmen and only used the players that I thought may have got playing against a team like MIC or East Surry. I was pointing out it was a sophomore loaded team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT