ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs. MIC

It's getting to the point that I need to post this and I'm seriously considering talking to my lawyer.

When you signed up to post on this site, you agreed to the Terms of Service:

By signing up to post on Rivals' message boards, you agree that if Rivals blacklists you, you will cease and desist from posting on the message boards. If you are blacklisted, and subsequently sign up under new account(s) for the sole purpose of disrupting the message boards in any manner, you will be liable for damages to Rivals in the amount of fair compensation for time spent by Rivals staff and/or publishers in addition to any lost profits or revenues caused by your disruption and costs of collection of these damages, including attorneys fees. Due to difficulty in Rivals assessing these damages and costs, you agree that the minimum damage from violation of this provision will be $10,000 (without limitation on Rivals' ability to prove actual damages in excess of this amount).
Deana, Can you just block his IP address or his he using a VNP?

I don’t understand why your jumping on TDs case for pulling for a fellow conference team you all do the same thing.
Lol, I’m not. It’s a running joke between TD and I from last year b-ball season. He knows I’m playing and he knows I’d be disappointed if he didn’t pull for his conference. I still never want to see him in a bright red jump suit!

If I am East Surry on defense I’m putting Washington over #58 left guard for MIC he struggled all night against the bears kid can’t weigh more than 185 pounds. Washington would reek havoc in MIC backfield with that matchup.

Don’t let any of the SMC fans read that they are the only teams that can take down MIC.
Just the only teams that’s beaten them in the last few yrs. you’ll take them down probably but maybe not as easily as you think. Either way, if Mitchell can get by Swain I think we’ve got a little something for you.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Just the only teams that’s beaten them in the last few yrs. you’ll take them down probably but maybe not as easily as you think. Either way, if Mitchell can get by Swain I think we’ve got a little something for you.
Looking forward to it, I watched the MIC game and they didn’t show me a whole lot to worry about as a fan. However I do think Mitchell will be a very good matchup.

If I am East Surry on defense I’m putting Washington over #58 left guard for MIC he struggled all night against the bears kid can’t weigh more than 185 pounds. Washington would reek havoc in MIC backfield with that matchup.
It took MIC and their 22 seniors listed on MaxPreps 2 OTs to beat a team loaded with 15 sophomores 9 Jrs and 8 SRs if I counted correctly. They aren't anything for ES to worry about.

It took MIC and their 22 seniors listed on MaxPreps 2 OTs to beat a team loaded with 15 sophomores 9 Jrs and 8 SRs if I counted correctly. They aren't anything for ES to worry about.
It’s playoffs and every team should worry you. Just like Swain worries me. But I’m with you, Mitchell ES game would be fun to watch. I like the matchup as well as you probably do.

It’s playoffs and every team should worry you. Just like Swain worries me. But I’m with you, Mitchell ES game would be fun to watch. I like the matchup as well as you probably do.
As far as I can tell that game will be 2 teams that are polar opposites if it happens. Mitchell will line up big and run the crap out of the football while the cardinals will spread it out 4-5 wide and try to use every blade of grass on the field to get mismatches in space. Old school vs. new school style wise can’t wait to see it if it happens.

As far as I can tell that game will be 2 teams that are polar opposites if it happens. Mitchell will line up big and run the crap out of the football while the cardinals will spread it out 4-5 wide and try to use every blade of grass on the field to get mismatches in space. Old school vs. new school style wise can’t wait to see it if it happens.
Me 2. I think you’re a little off as Mitchell spreads, throws, then runs. But that’s apples and oranges.

I hope Mitchell can get by Swain and see this match up as well. But as far as old school vs new school, to me what we ran in the 80's a power I option with QB under center just a different version of a wishbone is old school. But while Mitchell probably runs more then ES they run a spread type offense the QB is in the shotgun , one RB and three receivers ether three WR or two WR and a TE or sometimes no RB and four receivers. So maybe I'm just old but to me that's not a old school offense. Offensively the difference looks like stat wise isn't the type of offense the two teams runs as much as the two QB's , ES a big guy who can run but looks to be more comfortable passing and Mitchell a smaller and quick guy who can pass has run 186 more yards then he has passed.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Me 2. I think you’re a little off as Mitchell spreads, throws, then runs. But that’s apples and oranges.
I do understand that Mitchell has the ability to pass however I would be surprised to see much of it in this matchup if it happens. Running the ball downhill is the best chance to give the cardinals a run. North Surry and Starmount tried to throw the ball and both got a big ole 0 on the scoreboard. I think Mitchell’s game plan will be fun early and often.

I hope Mitchell can get by Swain and see this match up as well. But as far as old school vs new school, to me what we ran in the 80's a power I option with QB under center just a different version of a wishbone is old school. But while Mitchell probably runs more then ES they run a spread type offense the QB is in the shotgun , one RB and three receivers ether three WR or two WR and a TE or sometimes no RB and four receivers. So maybe I'm just old but to me that's not a old school offense. Offensively the difference looks like stat wise isn't the type of offense the two teams runs as much as the two QB's , ES a big guy who can run but looks to be more comfortable passing and Mitchell a smaller and quick guy who can pass has run 186 more yards then he has passed.
I did not realize Mitchell spread the field that much. I’m not sure that it’s the best way to attack the cardinals though.

I did not realize Mitchell spread the field that much. I’m not sure that it’s the best way to attack the cardinals though.
I've been thinking the way most high schools spread today and that's what everyone is used to seeing that if someone went to a triple option you confuse most high school defenses.

I've been thinking the way most high schools spread today and that's what everyone is used to seeing that if someone went to a triple option you confuse most high school defenses.
The triple option is hard to stop regardless of wether or not people see it often. It requires so much discipline from the defense to tackle their assignment every play wether or not they have the ball and takes gang tackling away from a defense. It’s a different scheme in itself even from other run heavy offenses.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
N.Surry and Starmount were not good teams defensively. It wasn't about either of the teams offenses. Honestly, neither were good teams this year. Mitchell is a good team and will give ES their biggest challenge to date. Their fan support will also almost rival Mt.Airy's. Those guys support their team well.

N.Surry and Starmount were not good teams defensively. It wasn't about either of the teams offenses. Honestly, neither were good teams this year. Mitchell is a good team and will give ES their biggest challenge to date. Their fan support will also almost rival Mt.Airy's. Those guys support their team well.
I’m in no way saying NS or Starmount were good they were pitiful to be quite honest. I just do not believe that spreading it out is going to beat the cardinals this season, too many athletes. Not even Reidsville could keep up.

Reactions: Realfreedom
I think East Surry has 2 or 3 guys that are pure athletes. MIC will have much more team speed than ES but ES’s premiere guys will be too much. Take Gosnell and Boaz off that team and they have average speed, if that.
Boaz is a premier passer of the football he doesn’t bring very much to the elite speed department.

Reactions: Realfreedom
Stevens might be just as fast as Gosnell straight line speed now where near the quickness or elusiveness but straight line would be close.

Gosnell is a stud. East Surry is lucky to have the talent they do. Enjoy it. I am just not convinced they are some speed driven team that out-athletes their opponents. Put Gosnell and Boaz on North Stokes and they finish undefeated. These kids are that good.

Gosnell is a stud. East Surry is lucky to have the talent they do. Enjoy it. I am just not convinced they are some speed driven team that out-athletes their opponents. Put Gosnell and Boaz on North Stokes and they finish undefeated. These kids are that good.
Do you realize how bad North Stokes is? Yes they are the most talented duo anyone in the west will see this season by a good bit but to say North Stokes would be undefeated is a long stretch.

Thanks ESOD...let the Cards play continue to speak for them...Lord knows you've caused more than a few to have quite the disdain for the Pilot Redbirds.
Wasn’t trying to bring any disdain. Just tired of seeing some of the kids on this team that are showing out this year get swept under the rug as if they aren’t any good just because everyone knows Boaz and Gosnell are on another level. Like I said I’m done if these posters that aren’t believers are lucky enough to come to Pilot in a week I’ll just let them see for themselves. GO CARDS!

Thanks ESOD...let the Cards play continue to speak for them...Lord knows you've caused more than a few to have quite the disdain for the Pilot Redbirds.
Man I got no disdain for the cards or ESOD. Everyone’s proud of their teams and their kids. That’s why we are all here. I do want to play them though. Just to see. But if I didn’t then I wouldn’t really think my team was that good at all!

I’ve read this crap long enuff, again the cards fans and I have talked smack at each other all year, pissed all up in each other’s cornflakes. But I will go to bat all day long for our nw1a counterparts here. Dylan Mosley , Quincy Smith , the younger Gosnell kid, Bullington kid , don’t get the press but are as good and probably super stars on any of the area football teams. I will go as far as this, they stand out on any 1a football team left playing. Correct me if I’m wrong but the younger Gosnell has been offered by NC State and South Carolina as a sophomore? Go home , head to the basketball courts cause it’s obvious you don’t watch much football when you spout that crap off. After seeing what prep done at the hill Friday night people better be paying attention to them next year. NW1A is a three horse race next season in my opinion, and prep finally contends for a 1a western regional title, the whole team returns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT