ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry Vs. Cherokee

ESODcards

Nov 13, 2016
Any predictions for how this one will go I expect a great game and the winner to play for the western regional finals.

East Surry by 10-15 points, hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Cherokee finished the regular season at #3 in the State and East finished at #1.... two top quality programs. It’ll be a good game.

Cherokee by 10. Wow, E Surry has no seniors and a lot of youth. Future looks great for them but Cherokee is a seasoned team who plays a very tough schedule

If east surry hits the boards and runs Cherokee off the 3pt line then east surry will win. But if they let Cherokee shot 3's then Cherokee will win.

East by 10-15, hope im wrong being a SMC fan but No answer for Sutphin cherokee is very small

Cherokee been small for 100 years lol

Not so. Recently, yes. They have had some good post players over the years. Names elude me but I do remember Miranda Long and Avery Mintz. Mintz was a wing/post versatile enough to be effective at both.

Not so. Recently, yes. They have had some good post players over the years. Names elude me but I do remember Miranda Long and Avery Mintz. Mintz was a wing/post versatile enough to be effective at both.
Every now And then Cherokee has some tall players. Mintz and toineeta being a few of the tallest in a while standing around 5’8

Saw on twitter that Cherokee was up by 6 with under a minute left. What happened to allow East to come back to force OT?

Cherokee went up 8, but received a technical for throwing an elbow(1 of many thruout the game). East cut it to 6, and then scored on the next possession to cut it to 4. Cherokee missed free throw on other end, and East cut it to 2, then steals the inbounds pass and hits a lay-up with 3 seconds left. Cherokee never takes the lead in the first place, but East missed some easy shots around the basket in the last 3-4 minutes which allowed Cherokee to take the lead.

Reactions: knights4
Cherokee had the game the sealed. A couple turn overs and some calls East way gave them the game. Sutephin had 30 + points for East. Toineeta has 30+ points for Cherokee. Great game!

Reactions: NWWatchdog
Cherokee had the game the sealed. A couple turn overs and some calls East way gave them the game. Sutephin had 30 + points for East. Toineeta has 30+ points for Cherokee. Great game!
The nw1a was that close to not keeping their streak alive. But you know what? Cherokee got their attention. They know they are in for some good games here on out. You also was down double digits and came back. Great effort against a great team!!

Great game to watch between 2 very solid teams with very different styles. ES dominated early. Cherokee showed tremendous heart in battling back and taking the lead. Loved watching the guard play and defensive intensity of the Lady Braves - very fun to watch. Was a little disappointed in the officiating (both ways). No consistency with their calls - one minute teams were allowed to hand check and beat the snot out of each other, the next they were calling touch fouls. People got their money’s worth in entertainment from yesterday’s game. Proud of both of these teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT