ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs. Atkins

ESOD

Nov 6, 2013
Game postponed tonight. It is rescheduled for tomorrow night at 7, weather permitting.

Why was it cancelled yesterday?

East should roll against Atkins how much is the question. I see them playing Wednesday. Us and West Wilkes stopped at 56 when in our case we could have done 63. There was no need for it though. See East dong at least 56.

South Stokes is trickier due to being a non conference game. They might could Saturday though.

part of the field was unplayable(water standing in the field) really doubt playing there at all this week. Will start to get interesting if we cant play tonight and/or friday

Reactions: ESOD
Should be good tests for East. I'll go with East by 5 vs Atkins and East by 6 vs SS.
(that is 5 & 6 dozen)

Due to persistent rain, tonight's football game v. @Camel_Athletics has again been postponed. It is rescheduled for Monday Oct.12th at 7pm.

This per the twitter account of the Athletics Dept of East Surry

Not picking on ES, but hope a lot of these teams are not so quick to move a game. Attended one last night that I am quite sure the field and the conditions were far worst than it would have been Friday night.

It is homecoming and you wouldn't want to have it on someone else's field plus it is hard to throw the ball in the pouring rain. Might even up the competition
I was not stating that was an option, I was stating it was being considered. The best option of 10/12 was chosen. Neither team wants to play on Tuesday and then play again on Friday, especially since games are now conference.

Last edited:
All this rain may have more of an impact on conference races than anything else this season......

All this rain may have more of an impact on conference races than anything else this season......
I just as the noon news and it says another 2" over the next couple of days. Rain continuing through Friday in the Triad.

Bears host North Stokes Friday (Homecoming)....field is very wet....unless it quits Thurs and dries out a little on Friday, someone has a tough decision Friday afternoon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT