ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry - Tarboro Game Thread

TD..please one thread without comparing anything about Mt.Airy....pretty please...you guys were young..at least 90 sophmores and half of one senior. And yall scored 1000 pts in a season.. This is East Surry's time...There isnt a Mt.Airy team in history within 3tds of this East Surry team.
I mentioned MA a time or two but if you have a brain look back at how many times I have done something I have not seen you do and that is standing behind and supporting East Surry. Stop Being A MA & ES hater.I never see you support either. so bug off you have been noticed as a jealous person without a winning team ! !

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
AS of now unless it changes this year East Surry moved to 5th place with 799 points behind Maxton (13 games) 804 1975. That is statewide 1A thru 4A
That Maxton team must have been sick. I've been seeing that number in the record book for many years and always wondered how they did that in 1975. They won the state championship game 86-8! Their closest game was against Robbinsville in the semis, when they were in the middle of their dynasty, and Maxton beat them 36-14. The closest anyone else came was 46 points.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
That Maxton team must have been sick. I've been seeing that number in the record book for many years and always wondered how they did that in 1975. They won the state championship game 86-8! Their closest game was against Robbinsville in the semis, when they were in the middle of their dynasty, and Maxton beat them 36-14. The closest anyone else came was 46 points.
The Sweetest Revenge
https://www.mtairynews.com/sports/high-school-football/81185/the-sweetest-revenge

I don't know if anyone's ever had a chance to put up that many on Reidsville and Tarboro in the same season. I do know there have been at least two other occasions since 1980 where a state champion beat a team that won the championship in a higher classification that season:
Thank you john.i apperiate the information..All I know is that what East Surry accomplished this season is trully amazing.I could get the sence when East Surry went up by 14 at the half that Tarboro was thinking what in the hell is going on here.no disrespect towards Tarboro ,but it happens . Sometimes you just get beat and it usually happens when you least expect it

Reactions: dogs79
Where are all the Mitchell fans that were basically predicting East Surry getting beat badly on both boards ? As I said they just toyed with Mitchell as to not show the Tarboro scouts what they were capable of. They did almost screw up changing their game late in the 4th Qtr. Mitchell would have been no match for Tarboro !

Reactions: dogs79
Play calling hitting Tarboro, Speed is their best weapon, and they keep running inside....
TD..please one thread without comparing anything about Mt.Airy....pretty please...you guys were young..at least 90 sophmores and half of one senior. And yall scored 1000 pts in a season.. This is East Surry's time...There isnt a Mt.Airy team in history within 3tds of this East Surry team.
i agree. This ES team is the best to ever come out of this area.

I mentioned MA a time or two but if you have a brain look back at how many times I have done something I have not seen you do and that is standing behind and supporting East Surry. Stop Being A MA & ES hater.I never see you support either. so bug off you have been noticed as a jealous person without a winning team ! !
You have shown that you are the truest and biggest bandwagon...fence straddler of a fan..You have been hating all year on ES...but since you couldn't beat em...you joined em. ES had the best 1a team ever in any 1a conference that you and I have ever seen. Stop mentioning any Mt.Airy feats in the same breath as this ES team. Anbody in their right mind, including you, would be jealous, if their 1aa team isn't East Surry this year.... Season over..now go jock ride your own team...that is if they claim you back...LOL. You will always have a winning team, because when yours aint winning..you'll jump ship to the team that is...That's a true winner of a fan...You should have a closet full of ES memorabilia after the season they had. LoL.

Last edited:
Where are all the Mitchell fans that were basically predicting East Surry getting beat badly on both boards ? As I said they just toyed with Mitchell as to not show the Tarboro scouts what they were capable of. They did almost screw up changing their game late in the 4th Qtr. Mitchell would have been no match for Tarboro !

Right here. I was dead wrong and admit it. I guess Mitchell was better than I thought. East played a flawless game and deserve all the credit. Does that help you ego. TD?

We are still here, and if you would care to go back and look, most of the regulars have been on here last night and Congratulated ES and admitted they were wrong with their picks. Me included. I even requested my crow medium well before the game ended.
Whether you want to admit it or not Mitchell played ES better than Tarboro did. Not saying Mitchell would have beaten Tarboro just saying they played ES better.

BUT, last night today and forever is about the ES players and coaches.
Again , congrats to them on a truly amazing performance. Shout out to the offensive line for the protection they gave Boaz.

Go Mountaineers

Flawless preparation against the odds....and they won in a fashion no one could have anticipated...well maybe ES players felt they could win convincingly...their chemistry was otherworldy for 1aa ball...hard to defend such a wide open offense. Hats off to Mitchell...for being as good as they were. That definitely helped ES prepare for a great rushing attack such as Tarboro"s.

howd mt airy do against East? Congrats es what a way to win a championship and how about the west? How tough is western region

Reactions: wncbowhunter
You have shown that you are the truest and biggest bandwagon...fence straddler of a fan..You have been hating all year on ES...but since you couldn't beat em...you joined em. ES had the best 1a team ever in any 1a conference that you and I have ever seen. Stop mentioning any Mt.Airy feats in the same breath as this ES team. Anbody in their right mind, including you, would be jealous, if their 1aa team isn't East Surry this year.... Season over..now go jock ride your own team...that is if they claim you back...LOL. You will always have a winning team, because when yours aint winning..you'll jump ship to the team that is...That's a true winner of a fan...You should have a closet full of ES memorabilia after the season they had. LoL.
You are 100% right, I pulled for Mount Airy until ES beat them and then started pulling for The best East Surry team I had ever seen take the field. I see nothing wrong with sticking with the conference team especially with the schools so close and the families shop in Mount Airy and helps our town. The players all probably know each other. I have always pulled for all the local conferences but no one has seen the way I did it. For about 6 years I posted the scores for these conferences , NWC, WPC & MVC. Did I stop posting the scores when Mount Airy lost ? NO, I posted the scores until the last team that was left no matter which conference lost, then I stopped. Because of my age, I got slow and confused trying to sift through as many as 6 different websites starting with Twitter, 3 different Radio stations and several other websites and I was getting scores as fast as they happened on all 3 conferences. So I have always supported Mount Airy first and all 3 conferences and will as long as I am able. I saw no one but me pulling for East Surry until Saturday when they were putting an end to a dynasty that had a 44 game winning strick and then everyone became your so-called joke riders / believers . Mount Airy only had 8 seniors and still won 2nd place and I backed them until they lost to MIC, but I was also pulling for East Surry. Some of you area poster support your team and hate the best 2 teams out of all 3 conferences because they just keep winning. And I also did not even see anyone from the NWC pulling for East Surry but I do see the SMC pulling for their playoff teams. Other than when I posted scores I can't say I would go all out pulling for the 2 advantaged team in our conference from Forsyth Co. but I would pull for them in a lower way. So call me what you please but everyone after seeing East taking care of business yesterday I believe were pulling for East Surry. I was one of the few that picked East Surry to win on Deana's , Who wins 1AA State Championship? All I can say is try supporting your area team sometime ! !

Reactions: ESODcards
Congratulations East Surry. You put on an incredible offensive performance last night. I will not go into details about how impressive you were because that would take a lot of typing. Just know that you have the respect of this Tarboro fan. The good news is that the future looks bright at UNC.

You are 100% right, I pulled for Mount Airy until ES beat them and then started pulling for The best East Surry team I had ever seen take the field. I see nothing wrong with sticking with the conference team especially with the schools so close and the families shop in Mount Airy and helps our town. The players all probably know each other. I have always pulled for all the local conferences but no one has seen the way I did it. For about 6 years I posted the scores for these conferences , NWC, WPC & MVC. Did I stop posting the scores when Mount Airy lost ? NO, I posted the scores until the last team that was left no matter which conference lost, then I stopped. Because of my age, I got slow and confused trying to sift through as many as 6 different websites starting with Twitter, 3 different Radio stations and several other websites and I was getting scores as fast as they happened on all 3 conferences. So I have always supported Mount Airy first and all 3 conferences and will as long as I am able. I saw no one but me pulling for East Surry until Saturday when they were putting an end to a dynasty that had a 44 game winning strick and then everyone became your so-called joke riders / believers . Mount Airy only had 8 seniors and still won 2nd place and I backed them until they lost to MIC, but I was also pulling for East Surry. Some of you area poster support your team and hate the best 2 teams out of all 3 conferences because they just keep winning. And I also did not even see anyone from the NWC pulling for East Surry but I do see the SMC pulling for their playoff teams. Other than when I posted scores I can't say I would go all out pulling for the 2 advantaged team in our conference from Forsyth Co. but I would pull for them in a lower way. So call me what you please but everyone after seeing East taking care of business yesterday I believe were pulling for East Surry. I was one of the few that picked East Surry to win on Deana's , Who wins 1AA State Championship? All I can say is try supporting your area team sometime ! !
TD, your crap is getting old give it a rest Goober....

TD, your crap is getting old give it a rest Goober....

TD is the same guy who has changed his username multiple times and cried that he was leaving the site on separate occasions as well. He complains when he doesn’t get enough likes and brags about how many “views” he gets lol. He’s a special little snowflake. He adds nothing of value. My elementary kids could provide score updates better than he can.

This East Surry team is the best team to come out of the mountains since Johnny White and Crezdon Butler led Asheville teams 12 years ago.

At this point, it’s obvious Boaz can play QB at the college level. Can he play basketball and save all UNC sports? Roy is struggling and needs a savior.

Congratulations East Surry. You put on an incredible offensive performance last night. I will not go into details about how impressed you were because that would take a lot of typing. Just know that you have the respect of this Tarboro fan. The good news is that the future looks bright at UNC.
Great post "JKVikes" It's nice to see good sportsmanship.. Tarboro had an outstanding season The way I see it is, the way East Surrys offensive unit played last night I don't believe any team from 2a down could have done any better. The thing is , is there is no way to prepare for a passing game like East Surrys. There was one thing that suprized me allittle was that Tarboro could not get hardly any pass rush, same thing happened in the Reidsville game. East Surrys offensive line to me was the games MVPs.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Easy now TD. Mitchell showed up when they played ES and Mitchell showed up to congratulate. If toyed means putting yourself in a situation to lose, then yes they toyed. Mitchell no match? Mitchell is always a match. Win or lose we show up.

This will be my last comment for...eh, 7 months. I give Trent Lowman a lot of credit for recognizing the rare talent he had and maximizing it. Last year, Lowman was calling run/pass 50/50 and that works against most teams, but Tarboro's defense eats your running game like Cool Ranch Doritos. Lowman put his balanced offensive philosophy aside for this season and it made all the difference. The Cardinals flipped the script from last year and sold out to the pass. They controlled the clock, protected the ball and demoralized Tarboro the way Tarboro did them a year earlier. They had the same studs on that team that were on the field the previous year, but they were no longer handcuffed to handing the ball off half the time. Coaching is a humbling profession at times. Lowman has a difficult rebuild for 2020, but he also has the first state football championship in school history. If he plays his "cards" right, he can build on that and remain a top contender into the next decade.

All this to give TD the answer he's been searching for. The book on Tarboro is now out there. Spread them out and make them defend the entire field with your passing game. You need a certain caliber of athlete to do that as well. Great quarterbacks aren't easy to find. Tarboro really doesn't have better players than any other team, but its a fact more kids are motivated to come out for football in Tarboro. They are just coached well, motivated to succeed and draped in traditions that have been passed down from fathers, uncles, cousins and neighbors. I think Craddock is a great football coach at Tarboro, but tradition kind of dictates what Tarboro does each year. You would never see a kid flinging the the ball around that much in Edgecombe County. This is by no means a criticism of Craddock and his program. As the folks in Tarboro affectionately say, "We do what we do." If you can find a QB that can pass the ball like that and get enough receivers to run it, you will certainly have lots of success. I just don't see anyway you can win consistently year to year with a pass-first philosophy at the high school level. The talent for that just isn't there. The advantage Tarboro has is they play the percentages. They have a high level run-first approach to offense and defense and that will win most years.

Last edited:
Best High School QB I have ever seen.

Yea I sat there at Wallace Wade thinking the same thing. He is huge in the pocket with his size. He did an outstanding job checking down on receivers. It was obvious he knew exactly where they were supposed to be. When coverage was right behind the receiver he delivered it low so they could make the catch and not get hit. 38 passes and only 9 drops/incompletions. Probably the most enjoyable high school game I have ever watched besides our comeback against Rocky Mount in the Eastern Finals years back. The end of the Woodshed talk!!! Lol

I would definitely place this years ES team at or above AC Reynolds level. I really don't think ES would have received the beating as bad as ACR received from Shelby this year either.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Congrats again to East Surry! That team is INCREDIBLE on offense. I’ve NEVER seen a better prepared team! Congrats again to all the east Surry players & real die hard fans! Hopefully Tarboro see’s you guys again next year! I’m the words of East Surry last year....We’ll(Tarboro) be back!

I would definitely place this years ES team at or above AC Reynolds level. I really don't think ES would have received the beating as bad as ACR received from Shelby this year either.
That was one game early in the season! Lol. I guess we're all entitled to our opinions and some people apparently get caught up in the moment and forget about the past and we'll never really know because it's purely hypothetical but the comment that ES is the best team to come out of the mountains in the last 12 years is asinine. I'd put my $ on several teams from Reynolds, a couple from Asheville, even one or two from Erwin, the 2009 Tuscola team, 2006 Pisgah team (13 years ago), 2018 Christ School, a couple of Watauga teams, and a couple more that I'm sure I'm forgetting against that team. Not knocking them at all! They are undefeated state champs and had a hell of year, even beat Reidsville. But, I'm just saying there's a big difference in 1A ball and let's say AC Reynolds on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
I have seen East play every game this year and have never seen a high school pass the ball like this!The Reidsville and Tarboro were their best passing games all year. Boaz threw completed 223-314 with 65TD and 6 INT he had 3 or 4 of the best receivers in any classification in the state on one team. If the ball was catchable these receivers catch it they don't miss alot! The main thing was we had a coach that realized what he had and went with it and didn't try to make them a run team. This offense was a dream offense it don't come along very often!

Reactions: golden one
I have seen East play every game this year and have never seen a high school pass the ball like this!The Reidsville and Tarboro were their best passing games all year. Boaz threw completed 223-314 with 65TD and 6 INT he had 3 or 4 of the best receivers in any classification in the state on one team. If the ball was catchable these receivers catch it they don't miss alot! The main thing was we had a coach that realized what he had and went with it and didn't try to make them a run team. This offense was a dream offense it don't come along very often!

Congrats on the win but East Surry does not have “3 or 4” of the best WRs in the state. 1 or 2 are in the conversation but it doesn’t exceed past that. You can be proud of your teams accomplishments without over exaggerating.

Congrats on the win but East Surry does not have “3 or 4” of the best WRs in the state. 1 or 2 are in the conversation but it doesn’t exceed past that. You can be proud of your teams accomplishments without over exaggerating.
Maybe I should have said he has 3 or 4 on the same team that are good it's odd for one team to have that many good receivers on one team. But #12 Gosnal had 68 catches 1544 yds 22 tds and #11 Stevens had 61 catches 1459 yds 21tds thats pretty darn good for any classfication!

Reactions: Illuminati704
A lot of ppl seem to get caught up in the moment sometimes and forget that they also play a lil' 4A and 4AA ball in Mecklenburg Co, Forsyth Co, Wake Co, and a few other places.

Last edited:
That's true but that was early season, Reynolds improved a lot over the course of the season. Reynolds gave Kings Mountain all they wanted in the playoffs, a Kings Mountain team that thumped Shelby and took the 3A state champs Catholic to 7 OT's.

As you've said yourself on here styles make fights, hard to compare scores. I think Reynolds and East Surry would've probably been a great game this year. East Surry with that offense may have been capable of beating Reynolds this season in a shootout but again that's one year. Reynolds has had much better teams than this one in the last decade.

Last edited:
You are Wrong.

In 1a they stared counting them in 1969.
All other classifications started in the 70s.

I said I was done with this site but had to correct a obvious false statement.

I'm out
Yea but the nchsaa don't recognize it. They only count those from sometime in the 70's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT