ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry - Tarboro Game Thread

This GAME IS OVER in Cardinal RED Fashion ! !
East ends Tarboro's 44 games winning strick the 4th longest in the country. 2018 Payback is 4ell. As a very young Mount Airy fan, now you see why I have pulled for the NWC top team East Surry since they beat Mount Airy. Tarboro & all the west saying East would lose has a lot of CROW to eat !

East Beat Reidsville and Tarboro so we can say they are the 1AA & 2A State Champions, just saying. LOL

Best High School qb I’ve ever seen as well, one should take a minute and read the program. What Coach Craddock said about his team, one of the best in the last 12 years, the stingiest in history. That just adds to how special this cardinals offense is. As good as they have been all season I didn’t see this dominating of a performance coming. I was in Winston Salem earlier and I seen Shelby up close and I honestly think this cardinals team gives them all they want and squeeze out a win.
Oh lawd stop....you'll send the over the edge

Reactions: whitedynamite
Congratulations East Surry on your dominating performance to bring home the 1AA title to Pilot Mountain where it deserves to be this year! This type of team does not come often. You are one of the best in the history of North Carolina. This year you beat the 2 time defending 1AA champion and the just crowned 2A State Champion in impressive fashion. Wow!!! So, proud of you!

Congratulations East Surry on your dominating performance to bring home the 1AA title to Pilot Mountain where it deserves to be this year! This type of team does not come often. You are one of the best in the history of North Carolina. This year you beat the 2 time defending 1AA champion and the just crowned 2A State Champion in impressive fashion. Wow!!! So, proud of you!
Yes they beat the 2nd year 2A Champion Reidsville !

Reactions: Sportsnut17
And why shouldn’t they be. Tarboro is the beast from the east. They’ll be the favorites every yr. But give East their due this yr. On a different level in 1a this year.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Wow beat Reidsville and looks like Tarboro in one year doubt any team has ever done that.
East Surrys offence looks like a highlight video. The receivers run perfect routes The QB stands in the pocket without fear and puts the ball anywhere it needs to go. I must say this is the best passing game I've seen concidering who East Surry was playing . 54 points on Reidsville . 56 on Tarboro does anybody know if any other team has accomplished this remarkable feat in the same season..

East Surrys offence looks like a highlight video. The receivers run perfect routes The QB stands in the pocket without fear and puts the ball anywhere it needs to go. I must say this is the best passing game I've seen concidering who East Surry was playing . 54 points on Reidsville . 56 on Tarboro does anybody know if any other team has accomplished this remarkable feat in the same season..
The defense surprised me. It was there when it needed to be with forcing those turn overs.

Tarboro had a great season. That being said, those boys down east ran that mouth all postseason talking about tarboro would smash anybody and boy oh boy did they ass whipping hit them dead in the mouth. Congrats to East Surry on a big win. The curb stomp was in full effect today. GeeeZ

Tarboro had a great season. That being said, those boys down east ran that mouth all postseason talking about tarboro would smash anybody and boy oh boy did they ass whipping hit them dead in the mouth. Congrats to East Surry on a big win. The curb stomp was in full effect today. GeeeZ
Yeah lil Howie has definitely left the building!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I don't know if anyone's ever had a chance to put up that many on Reidsville and Tarboro in the same season. I do know there have been at least two other occasions since 1980 where a state champion beat a team that won the championship in a higher classification that season:

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I don't know if anyone's ever had a chance to put up that many on Reidsville and Tarboro in the same season. I do know there have been at least two other occasions since 1980 where a state champion beat a team that won the championship in a higher classification that season:
Mount Airy's 2008 team still has the highest points statewide for and against in 3rd place statewide 1A thru 4A scoring 845 points in a 16 - 0 season but East Surry come close in 15 games scoring 799 points.
Mount Airy played 16 games in 2008 with no bye and East Surry played 15 games because of a 1st round bye.

Mount Airy's 2008 team still has the highest points statewide for and against in 3rd place statewide 1A thru 4A scoring 845 points in a 16 - 0 season but East Surry come close in 15 games scoring 799 points.
Mount Airy played 16 games in 2008 with no bye and East Surry played 15 games because of a 1st round bye.
AS of now unless it changes this year East Surry moved to 5th place with 799 points behind Maxton (13 games) 804 1975. That is statewide 1A thru 4A

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT