ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry@ Murphy - Who you got and why?

East Surry is very good, but Murphy is better than everyone else this year.

East Surry is very good, but Murphy is better than everyone else this year.
Maybe but East Surry is certainly good enough to win, especially if Murphy isn't on their A game.

One thing I hope not to see is Murphy, if gets a bit of a cushion, taking their foot off the accelerator: i.e. playing not to lose instead of staying aggressive. It happened last year in the Murphy - East Surry game in the 2nd half and that's what really cost them that game, not a miracle three pointer at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Maybe but East Surry is certainly good enough to win, especially if Murphy isn't on their A game.

One thing I hope not to see is Murphy, if gets a bit of a cushion, taking their foot off the accelerator:Smoky Mountain i.e. playing not to lose instead of staying aggressive. It happened last year in the Murphy - East Surry game in the 2nd half and that's what really cost them that game, not a miracle three pointer at the buzzer.
I thought the same about the 2nd half of yesterday's Cherokee game. Came out trying to run clock instead of just playing. Gave Cherokee too much hope of a comeback. Team was really out if rhythm because of it the entire half.

Reactions: MHS-88 and mbdfan
Murphy. I also thought they were better last year and that’s not taking away from ES winning. Those ES girls hung in and won. It was a great game.

MaxPreps has these 2 teams ranked as the top 2 teams in 1A now. I would agree with that. I think the winner of this game will win the state championship.

Reactions: NWWatchdog
Congratulations Lady Bulldogs. Redemption for a game last year that I felt Murphy should have won handily

I was not there, but talking with a few people it sounds like East Surry/Murphy was a very good game until about the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Congratulations to Murphy, they’ve been really close to knocking off the top NW1A teams for a few years now, but never could get over the hump. Looks like they finally did it last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT