ADVERTISEMENT

1A East Surry Girls Are Now #1 NCHSAA Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking

Was told by Heritage84 in another thread that Tipton passed concussion protocol, which is a good thing. Dont like seeing anyone get injured. She did take a nasty fall. Not sure if I can make it tonight by the girls game (thanks work) but gonna try.

Was told by Heritage84 in another thread that Tipton passed concussion protocol, which is a good thing. Dont like seeing anyone get injured. She did take a nasty fall. Not sure if I can make it tonight by the girls game (thanks work) but gonna try.
Glad she is doing okay. I will try to keep periodic updates during the game but I might have trouble due to bad cell service at Mitchell so I am not making promises but I will try. Hope you can make it brother.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Is Tipton planning on playing tonight? Was guessing so but she went out with what seemed to be concussion symptoms after hitting her head in a hard fall in the 4th qtr last night. Not knocking Heritage but it seems that she would play even if she exhibited those symptoms.

I will take that a little poke at the Heritage team, but it can be expected since our seniors will be going out if they can win tonight with a perfect record against the Avery seniors in 4 years. I could be wrong because I don't like to pull up all those stats, but it has been a tremendous battle for the last 4 years. great players on both teams. As for stating that Coach Shelton would play an injured player, that would just be false. I will put her integrity up against any coach in the state on any day. Look for a good game tonight, but please don't accuse us of having to win this game to prove anything.

Is Tipton planning on playing tonight? Was guessing so but she went out with what seemed to be concussion symptoms after hitting her head in a hard fall in the 4th qtr last night. Not knocking Heritage but it seems that she would play even if she exhibited those symptoms.

I will take that a little poke at the Heritage team, but it can be expected since our seniors will be going out if they can win tonight with a perfect record against the Avery seniors in 4 years. I could be wrong because I don't like to pull up all those stats, but it has been a tremendous battle for the last 4 years. great players on both teams. As for stating that Coach Shelton would play an injured player, that would just be false. I will put her integrity up against any coach in the state on any day. Look for a good game tonight, but please don't accuse us of having to win this game to prove anything.
If you want to be truthfully honest I have the most respect for Susie Shelton than anyone else down there. I expect their girls to make it further than your boys teams simply because she is a better coach than Newson.

If you want to be truthfully honest I have the most respect for Susie Shelton than anyone else down there. I expect their girls to make it further than your boys teams simply because she is a better coach than Newson.
Girls stand a very good chance of going deep in the playoffs.

Question. If Mount Airy were to upset East Surry tonight in the girls game and Avery's girls were to upset #1 2A Mountain Heritage girls, would Avery get the #1 seed over East Surry or is seeding already set for regular season conference champions?
Getting the #1 seed versus the #2 seed isn't much of a gain, #1 and #2 would be playing on a neutral court if they make it that far.

The only advantage Avery would get having the #1 seed is that their 4th round opponent would likely be weaker than if they were the #2 seed.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Anyone but Mount Airy ! ! They only respect who they have in there circle with the new coaches football & basketball that started this year. They need there 50 plus year fans.

Yea we played like crap like I said this team is not as good as two years ago. We gave you everything we had that year. Avery's problem is that they cannot play with the same intensity for 4 quarters. Look at these other upsets tonight north Rowan over 1 loss Albemarle. Laughter charter over union academy. Those teams were underdogs and they were not losing no matter what. This year's Avery team is good but not great. They have been able to get to the big games but not win them. I'm sorry mh is great but Avery didn't play with intensity for whole game. You have to be consistent to go deep into playoffs . If they don't play with their hair on fire next week they will be sitting at home but not playing basketball anymore . Very disappointing performance. I said Franklin had to have good game not the case. If she does not shoot 10 or 15 times in playoff games then they are done. I'm sorry I have watched these girls for 7 years. They are better than this. But you have to get it done on the scoreboard.

Yea we played like crap like I said this team is not as good as two years ago. We gave you everything we had that year. Avery's problem is that they cannot play with the same intensity for 4 quarters. Look at these other upsets tonight north Rowan over 1 loss Albemarle. Laughter charter over union academy. Those teams were underdogs and they were not losing no matter what. This year's Avery team is good but not great. They have been able to get to the big games but not win them. I'm sorry mh is great but Avery didn't play with intensity for whole game. You have to be consistent to go deep into playoffs . If they don't play with their hair on fire next week they will be sitting at home but not playing basketball anymore . Very disappointing performance. I said Franklin had to have good game not the case. If she does not shoot 10 or 15 times in playoff games then they are done. I'm sorry I have watched these girls for 7 years. They are better than this. But you have to get it done on the scoreboard.
I was very hopeful coming into season Avery might finally get a state title. But I will tell you this right now. Starting next week if I was those seniors. I would not be beaten on my home court by nobody, if I knew this game could potentially end my career of not ever playing basketball again. The other team better watch out. I don't want these seniors to be wandering what if years down the road. Got to give it all you got and get the job done. Play with a chip on their shoulder. Sorry just upset. They just don't realize how good they can be. I don't have much confidence especially possibly playing Mitchell again.

I was very hopeful coming into season Avery might finally get a state title. But I will tell you this right now. Starting next week if I was those seniors. I would not be beaten on my home court by nobody, if I knew this game could potentially end my career of not ever playing basketball again. The other team better watch out. I don't want these seniors to be wandering what if years down the road. Got to give it all you got and get the job done. Play with a chip on their shoulder. Sorry just upset. They just don't realize how good they can be. I don't have much confidence especially possibly playing Mitchell again.
2 years ago before playoffs after tough 1 point loss to mh in tournament championship I said this team will win state. They could/should have but didn't happen. I'm just not feeling it this year.

Good luck to Avery in the playoffs. Great group of players on that team. Foul trouble on both sides made this to be a pretty sloppy game overall. I would agree Franklin has got to be featured a little more in the offensive scheme for Avery and you need to get some scoring from another one of the guards besides Nelson. They have a good chance at making a deep run.

Mtn. Heritage has got to start out playing a little earlier in the game. 2 games in a row they have come out slow. Also have to stay out of foul trouble to make a deep run. Too many bad fouls away from the basket or after the other team gets a defensive rebound. Great win for them tonight in defeating a very tough opponent for the 3rd time.

Good luck to Avery in the playoffs. Great group of players on that team. Foul trouble on both sides made this to be a pretty sloppy game overall. I would agree Franklin has got to be featured a little more in the offensive scheme for Avery and you need to get some scoring from another one of the guards besides Nelson. They have a good chance at making a deep run.

Mtn. Heritage has got to start out playing a little earlier in the game. 2 games in a row they have come out slow. Also have to stay out of foul trouble to make a deep run. Too many bad fouls away from the basket or after the other team gets a defensive rebound. Great win for them tonight in defeating a very tough opponent for the 3rd time.
Good luck to you as well. Yea McIntosh has it in her. I have seen it. And Franklin has destroyed teams in travel ball.. It's a team game. 1 player can't do it all. They have to be more balanced offensively.

Good luck to you as well. Yea McIntosh has it in her. I have seen it. And Franklin has destroyed teams in travel ball.. It's a team game. 1 player can't do it all. They have to be more balanced offensively.
Just looked at stats. Wow Franklin was leading scorer with 14 points. Only shot the ball 7 times. Nelson had 13 points. Shot 17 times. The other two guards had 5 total points on 7 shot attempts. Not good enough. Like I said. Franklin is obviously the best shooter. Give her more shot attempts, and she will score 20 points or more every time. Imo she is the best overall player on avery s team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT