ADVERTISEMENT

1A East Surry Girls Are Now #1 NCHSAA Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking

Especially with 2 head to head convincing wins. 70-43 @ Cherokee and 56-40 @ Murphy.
This is part of what I hate about Maxpreps. Murphy doesn't really have a "bad" loss AND they have 2 wins over Cherokee, yet Cherokee is ranked higher??? Ultimately it doesn't matter as much because Murphy will automatically get the 1 seed from the conference and Cherokee can't jump them. Still, it makes you question the Maxpreps rankings and just how on Earth they arrive at them.

This is part of what I hate about Maxpreps. Murphy doesn't really have a "bad" loss AND they have 2 wins over Cherokee, yet Cherokee is ranked higher??? Ultimately it doesn't matter as much because Murphy will automatically get the 1 seed from the conference and Cherokee can't jump them. Still, it makes you question the Maxpreps rankings and just how on Earth they arrive at them.

I’m with you according to maxpreps they do not consider head to head games. Lol

I’m with you according to maxpreps they do not consider head to head games. Lol
That is correct. The adjusted rankings used for seeding in playoffs takes margin of victory out of the equation to make it more fair to teams that play tough schedules. Not saying teams with 1 or 2 losses playing easier schedule are not great .just how the rankings work. You are right head to head not considered. Cherokee 70 in nd Murphy 72 in nc cherokees SOS lil bit stronger. Whoever wins conference tourney will be ahead in final rankings this weekend

That is correct. The adjusted rankings used for seeding in playoffs takes margin of victory out of the equation to make it more fair to teams that play tough schedules. Not saying teams with 1 or 2 losses playing easier schedule are not great .just how the rankings work. You are right head to head not considered. Cherokee 70 in nd Murphy 72 in nc cherokees SOS lil bit stronger. Whoever wins conference tourney will be ahead in final rankings this weekend
We will leave that at a maybe lol.

Hey I’m just saying streak still alive at #8 lol
Yes very consistent team my friend. Yea sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You are one of my favorite posters. And you tell it like it is honestly passionate about your team. Gotta respect that. Some people on these message boards don't have respect for nobody. I know your Albemarle girls have something to prove and I will be rooting for them

Yes very consistent team my friend. Yea sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You are one of my favorite posters. And you tell it like it is honestly passionate about your team. Gotta respect that. Some people on these message boards don't have respect for nobody. I know your Albemarle girls have something to prove and I will be rooting for them
Also seen highlights of gsd they have some big girls. And your girls are small but tough as nails. Gsd this year is just as good as they were two years ago when we beat them in regional semis.

Also seen highlights of gsd they have some big girls. And your girls are small but tough as nails. Gsd this year is just as good as they were two years ago when we beat them in regional semis.
GSD has some big time size multiple six footers and athletic. This is the biggest team they have had in my opinion. I have a lot of respect for coach stack and they are well coached. The game between them and north Rowan tomorrow will be a game to watch.

I am lil bit worried bout game with Mitchell tonight. Conference tournament is at their gym. We took it to them last time. We have not played in two weeks. Except for few games this season we start slow. Hope to win but if we get beat rather it be now than playoffs

I am lil bit worried bout game with Mitchell tonight. Conference tournament is at their gym. We took it to them last time. We have not played in two weeks. Except for few games this season we start slow. Hope to win but if we get beat rather it be now than playoffs
Yeah this is a good test to remain focused with playoffs coming up soon just one game at a time

Yes gsd kept it close two years ago cause they made us play their game. Half court. In the 4th we played our game run and gun and they had no answer. Style of play controls outcomes in games usually

Girls: Mount Airy & Bishop meet a 3rd time tomorrow night in the simi-finals.
Mount Airy won the 1st game 44-39, the 2nd MA lost 37-33.
Winner meets East Surry Friday night for the NWC Championship.

Girls: Mount Airy & Bishop meet a 3rd time tomorrow night in the simi-finals.
Mount Airy won the 1st game 44-39, the 2nd MA lost 37-33.
Winner meets East Surry Friday night for the NWC Championship.
Think ma wins by double digits. Upset from last week I'm sure. Ma has not faced this much adversity in years. Think they show heart of a champion tonight

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I hope the Lady Bears remember they were #2 in the NCHSAA Adjusted MaxPreps Ranking until losing to Bishop & East Surry on their Senior Nights and now ES is #1 and you dropped to #6 and not a #1 seed anymore but hopefully at least a #2 seed. You got your win back from Bishop last night now beat ES if you can and probably guaranteed a 2 seed. The 2 back to back 1A State Championships is still yours unless you let someone take it.

Mount Airt is guaranteed a 2 seed because of the win over Bishop last night. East Surry has been #1 in the Adjusted rankings for about a month now. Tomorrow will be a hard game, and I think Mount Airy has the edge because it will be very hard to beat a team as good as MA 3 times.

Mount Airt is guaranteed a 2 seed because of the win over Bishop last night. East Surry has been #1 in the Adjusted rankings for about a month now. Tomorrow will be a hard game, and I think Mount Airy has the edge because it will be very hard to beat a team as good as MA 3 times.
A lot depends on how well the other players for MA and ES shoot the ball. If the MA guards (Flippen & Cox) shoot well it takes pressure off Shaunae Sawyers. If the ES guards (Lambert and Lawson) shoot well, it takes pressure off Sutphin. Should be another great matchup.

Question. If Mount Airy were to upset East Surry tonight in the girls game and Avery's girls were to upset #1 2A Mountain Heritage girls, would Avery get the #1 seed over East Surry or is seeding already set for regular season conference champions?

Question. If Mount Airy were to upset East Surry tonight in the girls game and Avery's girls were to upset #1 2A Mountain Heritage girls, would Avery get the #1 seed over East Surry or is seeding already set for regular season conference champions?
It’s all based off of adjusted max preps rankings which are pulled tomorrow. I am not sure on the distance between the two on STR but I would say it’s possible but not guaranteed

Reactions: AHVikingNation
It’s all based off of adjusted max preps rankings which are pulled tomorrow. I am not sure on the distance between the two on STR but I would say it’s possible but not guaranteed
I would say if that happens a really big if that Avery would jump east Surry . East surry's SOS is 3 .5 and avery's is 8.1. And their overall rating is,just slightly below east Surry. But I don't see that happening. We never beat mh no matter how good we play. Then if it's close in the 4th we never make shots and they do everytime. I don't see tonight's game being any different. Plus yesterday was 1st game in 16 days and we barely won. Back to back will be a tall task. This Avery team is really good and I feel like they have a chance but I don't think they are quite as good as two years ago when they played mh for 4 quarters and lost by 1 point. Same situation es ma game. The underdog has to play all quarters in both games.

I don't think a win over Mtn. Heritage tonight would move Avery up to #1 for the playoff seeding. They could get back up to #2 or 3 I would think. A Mount Airy win would definitely help their chances. I look for Avery to lay it all on the line tonight, because this will possibly be their last shot for awhile. Heritage returns a lot and Mitchell will be very strong with all their youth. I have enjoyed watching this group of seniors compete over the past 4 years.

I don't think a win over Mtn. Heritage tonight would move Avery up to #1 for the playoff seeding. They could get back up to #2 or 3 I would think. A Mount Airy win would definitely help their chances. I look for Avery to lay it all on the line tonight, because this will possibly be their last shot for awhile. Heritage returns a lot and Mitchell will be very strong with all their youth. I have enjoyed watching this group of seniors compete over the past 4 years.
Yes that what I meant ma would have to win as well. Oh yea those girls have played together some of them for 7 years and others 5 years. They always give it their all I admit that. But Franklin for avery would have to be the hero for avery to win. I mean shoot the ball more than 8 or 9 times. She is very unselfish but as deep as mh is. She would have to get mh in foul trouble and go to foul line multiple times. If she plays well and is aggressive, Avery has a chance. If she is conservative and does not play well. Then Avery gets run out of the gym

Yes that what I meant ma would have to win as well. Oh yea those girls have played together some of them for 7 years and others 5 years. They always give it their all I admit that. But Franklin for avery would have to be the hero for avery to win. I mean shoot the ball more than 8 or 9 times. She is very unselfish but as deep as mh is. She would have to get mh in foul trouble and go to foul line multiple times. If she plays well and is aggressive, Avery has a chance. If she is conservative and does not play well. Then Avery gets run out of the gym
A 37 point loss without her. An 8 point loss with her. She determines the success of your this team. Her presence alone changes this team entirely

Yea avery's SOS has been the highest in 1a girls for the last 4 years. So a winning record each year is an accomplishment. This conference has been loaded. But playing bigger schools helps you get better even though it hurt us last season

As of right now, Avery is #2 in adjusted maxpreps rankings for girls.

Is Tipton planning on playing tonight? Was guessing so but she went out with what seemed to be concussion symptoms after hitting her head in a hard fall in the 4th qtr last night. Not knocking Heritage but it seems that she would play even if she exhibited those symptoms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT