ADVERTISEMENT

East Rutherford @ South Point

sasha_nc

Dec 3, 2003
Greensboro, NC
The last time these two teams met was in 2000 as conference foes in the old Southwestern 3A conference. SP leads the series 19-9-0. While the Cavaliers are the best team in Rutherford County, I really don't see this game being close at all.

Reactions: seadog28
I don't know much about ER but just looked them up on MaxPreps. Appears that the Mauney kid is a really good RB and they have some size on the roster. A number of kids in the 6-4 to 6-7 range with weights ranging from 260-360 lbs. Does not appear to have much of a passing game. They have beaten up on the weaker competition but have losses to Burns and Patton. SP should be able to handle this group, but every game must be played on the field and not on paper.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
SP should blow them out of the water.

They lost to Burns and Patton, which no offense to Burns because they are so young, but is their one lone victory. SP should have protested and stayed 3A, no sense on even getting off the bus until Shelby.

I hate that I'm not going to be able to make the trip to Belmont Friday night. I can remember when Coach Lineberger was an assistant under John Keeter at Chase High School.

They lost to Burns and Patton, which no offense to Burns because they are so young, but is their one lone victory. SP should have protested and stayed 3A, no sense on even getting off the bus until Shelby.

I'm with you, 91. It's time to hone the machine. Execution, fundamentals, focus and effort should be drilled as if the Shelby game is tomorrow!

Reactions: CHEERDUCK

Since we beat all the 3a teams on our schedule maybe we should protest to play up too?

Reactions: Lion Attack
Been saying Shelby should be 3A for years. You barely squeak by KM and Crest...just imagine what Catholic or Dudley would to you.

Looks like we are going to need to use some consultation from the Shelby city Fathers. We need some creative district line drawing like the Shelby High School experts have been using for years.

Our traditional talent pool areas are being encroached upon. The new rich kids moving down South Point road aren't going to get it done.

Been saying Shelby should be 3A for years. You barely squeak by KM and Crest...just imagine what Catholic or Dudley would to you.
I would say that Crest and KM are two of the better teams in 3A right now. As a whole 3A is not overly impressive. I would have Crest or KM ranked over AC Reynolds right now.

South Point is just too strong and executes that triple option very well. This game should not be close at all.

Why are we having this discussion about South Point on the SP/E Rutherfordton thread?
Can we get back to the real subject at hand and talk about Crest, KM and Shelby.........and that other school in the northern most hemisphere of Cleveland County, Burns.

I'm with you, 91. It's time to hone the machine. Execution, fundamentals, focus and effort should be drilled as if the Shelby game is tomorrow!
While you are honing and focusing, you should be focused on ER. You'll have plenty of time to get ready for Shelby. As I said before, this game won't be no gimme. ER will have athletes on the field.

Looks like we are going to need to use some consultation from the Shelby city Fathers. We need some creative district line drawing like the Shelby High School experts have been using for years.

Our traditional talent pool areas are being encroached upon. The new rich kids moving down South Point road aren't going to get it done.
They can ride by South Point on their way to Stuart Cramer.

While you are honing and focusing, you should be focused on ER. You'll have plenty of time to get ready for Shelby. As I said before, this game won't be no gimme. ER will have athletes on the field.

I hear you, 72special. Just saying that striving to achieve to a Shelby/Championship level needs to be a continuous effort. No disrespect meant.

Strap it up tight! Y'all gonna know we came to town tomorrow night no matter the outcome. Good luck and hope everybody stays injury free.

South Point is going for a school record 18 wins in a row tomorrow night in the game against East Rutherford. They tied the record last week with the big win over East Gaston at 17. This was previously done in the 2003-2004 seasons. As Sasha already referenced, SP is also going for win #20 against the Cavaliers. Big game in Belmont.

Sorry ER fans this game is over...every game in this conference is over until Shelby and SP meet. With that being said how much tax payers money will be spent on gas for SP to drive two damn counties over to play a game they could win with their 2nd string?

Reactions: coondog8585
From what I've been hearing over the last couple of days, it's already 7-0 SP. What kind of officials you guys use anyway? Did they get their uniforms from Foot Locker? Sounds like nobody stands a chance coming to Belmont.

Reactions: Lion Attack
From what I've been hearing over the last couple of days, it's already 7-0 SP. What kind of officials you guys use anyway? Did they get their uniforms from Foot Locker? Sounds like nobody stands a chance coming to Belmont.
The last time we played there, we scored what seemed like five times in one possession, the refs kept calling back touchdowns, till we scored one final time that they actually didn’t flag. It seemed as if they came to a realization that we weren’t going to be denied scoring, and conceded to allowing that last td in that possession to stand. You have to really beat South Point at their place, if it’s close, then you’re in trouble. Your chances are slim to none.

They are well paid and hand picked! Attention to detail pays off. Watch #5 and #24 firing off behind a line that comes off with bad intentions then you tell me about playing in Belmont.

Last edited:
72 have you been taking crying lessons from Wham? You already busting on the officials and the game hasn't kicked off yet. Crybaby!!!!

Reactions: sasha_nc
The running clock will start in the first half this week in spite of ER's outside help from all the SP haters in Cleveland County. The Raiders must have struck a nerve over there since they have already started their pregame cramps.

Three possessions for SP - three TDs (last one by Scottie Lee). SP 21 - ER 0 (11:53 left in 2Q). Supposedly, the Cavaliers are supposed to be a decent team but can't tell it by this game. I think East Gaston played us tougher than this.

Lee to Grier for the 15 yd TD pass - SP had forced and recovered a Cavalier fumble to set up the score. SP 28 - ER 0 (10:35 2Q)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT