ADVERTISEMENT

East Lincoln - Washington updates

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Washington takes opening kickoff and gets stopped on 4th down deep in Mustang territory.

Mustangs drive the field behind the passing and running of Chazz Surratt, but Blake Strupp FG attempt is wide left.

Chazz Surratt short TD run gives East Lincoln a 7-0 lead with 4:40 left til half.

Stepfon Rodman with a short TD run - Washington ties the game at 7-7 with 2:09.

East Lincoln

Rushing: Chazz Surratt 8-15; Colton Banks 2-(-2); Damarius Valentine 1-(-11); TOTALS: 11-2
Passing: Surratt 7 of 15 for 141 yards
Receiving: Valentine 1-48; Dollar 1-41; Banks 3-27; Sage Surratt 2-25:

Total Yds: 143; Total First Downs: 7

Washington

Rushing: Stepfon Rodman 9-76; Xzavier Clark 8-69; Markel Spencer 14-64; Rayekwon Satterwaite 1-2; TOTALS: 33-206
Passing: Patrick Thompson 1 for 2 for -1 yards; Satterwaite 0 for 1 for 0 yards; TOTALS: 1 for 3 for -1 yards
Receiving: Javon Whitney 1-(-1)

Total Yds: 205; Total First Downs: 13

Washington's defense forces a fumble at midfield. The Pam Pack is inside the 10

Xzavier Clark with a 2 yard TD run - kick blocked - Washington leads 13-7 with 1:47 in the 3rd qtr

Surratt hits Colton Banks with a TD pass - Mustangs leads 14-13 with 8:50 left

East Lincoln stopped inches of the goal - Washington ball on the their own 1 with :56

Congrats to EL on winning a war 2 weeks in a row. Your team showed what they are made of & then some. Way to rep the West.

Congratulations to the Mustangs of East Lincoln..... Byus always puts out a well Coached Squad

Congrats to washinton on a great season as well

Congrats to the Mustangs on another championship and undefeated season. East Lincoln reps the SD7 conference well. Great coaching by the staff at EL. This defense is really good. They are tough when the field gets short.

Congratulations to EL. After a 2-0 start by the East NC teams the West has come roaring back to take a 4-2 lead. As difficult as it is for me to pull for a Meck team, I'll be pulling for a Saturday sweep by the West. Great season EL, Shelby, and Crest.

Thanks so much guys. It's been a great season. That Washington Pam pack defense was even better than I expected. what a great team. Blocking the XP was so huge. Both defenses played a great game. I still can't believe we didn't get in from the goal line at the end of the game but it made for an exciting finish.

What a great game, Washington is the real deal, absolutely 100% respect from this EL guy, absolute defensive battle, great gang tackling by both teams, only a few plays broke big. Bad snap or handle on xtra point which aided in the block was crucial and then big fumble and recovery giving EL the ball in the red zone. Just a great game, glad EL won no doubt but felt bad for the boys at Washington and their coaching staff, good luck in the future and Coach Byus you are the man. Great job and season for the young men at East Lincoln, and to the seniors couldn't be prouder many getting a second ring. On to the off season now. Go Mustangs. And to all those that threw out the congrats from other programs, thanks a ton and congrats to the young men, fans and coaching staff at Shelby, been down that road before that program is the real deal.

Congrats to East Lincoln on another perfect season and championship. Congrats to Washington as well. Definitely the best anyone has defended Surratt all year. They were in his face and knocked him down all day, but when the game was on the line Surratt took the ball and ran straight up the gut and no one could do anything about it. And I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the botched extra point. EL would have scored on that last drive had they needed to. The fumble giving East the ball in the redzone was the real difference in the game.

Not sure how many players EL loses, I know they have several seniors on defense, but with Surratt coming back next year I'd say 16-0 is a real possibility again.

Congrats to coach Byus and the mustangs, it wasn't pretty but it never is when you play a great team. I think the best team won but the most impressive athletes went home with an L... That was one fast team, but east pulled it out!

Count me among the congratulators, CM3 and Dplubo. I had the feeling after the third quarter of our first game that I was looking at the State Champs. Your O gets the headlines, and well-deserved at that.. but your D stood up and snatched this one, in my opinion. Good job. Good program.

Now I'm gonna go gargle with Purple Power.
This post was edited on 12/16 8:41 AM by AlwaysAWolf

Congratulations to the Mustangs. I wish they didn't match us in football titles, now, but they deserved it. Special congratulations to their posters for sticking with them...I have to agree with Squirrel Gravy, the Franklinstein, that the two best 2AA teams were on the field... Contrary to what's being said on another thread I believe East and Shelby would match up well. Enjoy the top spot while it lasts.We intend to take it away from you.

Just don't forget.

East Lincoln #1. East Lincoln #1

Till next year when we try and do it again, to all a Happy Holiday,

Originally posted by subsailorinva:
Just don't forget.

East Lincoln #1. East Lincoln #1

Till next year when we try and do it again, to all a Happy Holiday,
We will remember.
smile.r191677.gif

link

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
Congratulations to the Mustangs. I wish they didn't match us in football titles, now, but they deserved it. Special congratulations to their posters for sticking with them...I have to agree with Squirrel Gravy, the Franklinstein, that the two best 2AA teams were on the field... Contrary to what's being said on another thread I believe East and Shelby would match up well. Enjoy the top spot while it lasts.We intend to take it away from you.
Ha, I think I'm gonna hold on to that. That sounds like a good user name.

"No, it's pronounced Franklinsteen."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT