ADVERTISEMENT

East Lincoln vs Forest Hills

Was told the game is being played at Catawba College at 12:00 pm. Anyone can confirm this?

Who's going to win?
Not sure about time or place, but it will either Lenoir-Rhyne or Catawba Valley CC. Both in Hickory and both have limited seating. Around 2000

Not sure about time or place, but it will either Lenoir-Rhyne or Catawba Valley CC. Both in Hickory and both have limited seating. Around 2000

Another brilliant move by the NCHSAA to move to Hickory to smaller venues. Perhaps next year they'll put up some baskets in the Ernie Shore Field parking lot, throw up a few dozen dilapidated seats and hope for no precipitation.

Another brilliant move by the NCHSAA to move to Hickory to smaller venues. Perhaps next year they'll put up some baskets in the Ernie Shore Field parking lot, throw up a few dozen dilapidated seats and hope for no precipitation.

Lol. Says the Greensboro fan that doesn't want to drive a little ways. Nothing at all wrong with moving games towards the Western end of the state occasionally. But yea the Ernie Shore parking lot would be better than GSO Coliseum special events center...

Western schools wanted the regional more centralized. LR gym holds over 3,000. UNCG was just under 2,000.

Like the location but not a big fan of the gym.

Having an available arena in a central location with 6,000 seats would be great.

Lol. Says the Greensboro fan that doesn't want to drive a little ways. Nothing at all wrong with moving games towards the Western end of the state occasionally. But yea the Ernie Shore parking lot would be better than GSO Coliseum special events center...

Special Events Center is terrible.

Lawrence Joel is out of the rotation. Wake Forest did not want to guarantee a date. Part of the reason NCHSAA agreed with schools request to allow the regional semifinal to go to the campuses.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
I don't mind the gym being small, as long as I can get a seat. But I hate gyms like CVCC that have seats on one side and a stage on the other. My biggest problem with this whole thing is they put 2A and 3A games at same time. I want to see this game and the 3A game but will have to choose between the two. Why can't the boys all play in one gym at 12, 2, 4 and 6?

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I don't mind the gym being small, as long as I can get a seat. But I hate gyms like CVCC that have seats on one side and a stage on the other. My biggest problem with this whole thing is they put 2A and 3A games at same time. I want to see this game and the 3A game but will have to choose between the two. Why can't the boys all play in one gym at 12, 2, 4 and 6?

I would love to go to one facility and watch all boys games! What do you do when a school has a boys and girls team playing? As much as I hate to admit it this is the most sensible option.

All you gotta do is at one site have the order 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the other site have the order 3A, 4A, 1A, 2A and rotate that order every year. Then if you’ve got girls and boys playing you’ll have time to make it to both.

I’d even be ok if the boys games were at two different sites if they were just all at different times. In Hickory you wouldn’t have a problem seeing all 4 boys games because the two sites being used are close enough to drive back and forth.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Anyone care to provide info about the game itself?

Forest Hills has awesome shooters from the perimeter and are very athletic team like last year. Big man in the middle is just a sophomore and is very good. He's 6'7"- 6'8" and still growing......lol FH only lost one player from last year's state championship team. Two losses on the year, one of those being a 2 point loss to the #1 4A team in the state Raleigh Millbrook.

Sides still your coach? He is a class act! I attended basketball camps he was associated with when he played for mt pleasant back in the day....and used to ball against(and lose lol) at sportscenter club in concord.

All you gotta do is at one site have the order 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the other site have the order 3A, 4A, 1A, 2A and rotate that order every year. Then if you’ve got girls and boys playing you’ll have time to make it to both.

I have wanted the boys at one facility for nearly thirty years. I have missed three state title Saturdays since 1991. (Have been to every big school 4A or 4AA football game since 1987. Same issue with football now!!!) There have been several times I had to choose.

There may be a bigger change in 2020 or 2021 that will blow it all up.

Every coach and the admins has looked at the scheduling. This has been brought up numerous times. I wish they would play two games on Friday night at 6pm and 8:15 then stagger Saturday (12, 2, 4 and 3, 5, 7). If they did people would complain. Some would say that 6pm is too early on a work dayh. Others would complain that 8:15 is to late to start. People would complain it is not fair they do not get to play on Saturdays and others that play in the day on Saturday would complain about not playing at night. Some teams / schools (and their fans) will complain about playing at CVCC just as some complained about the Annex instead of Lawrence Joel or the Fieldhouse and not the Coliseum. I have been in the meetings, it never ends.

Forest Hills has awesome shooters from the perimeter and are very athletic team like last year. Big man in the middle is just a sophomore and is very good. He's 6'7"- 6'8" and still growing......lol FH only lost one player from last year's state championship team. Two losses on the year, one of those being a 2 point loss to the #1 4A team in the state Raleigh Millbrook.

Scratching my head about the Concord loss? How did that play out?

Another problem is that the Regionals are always on the same Saturday as the Duke/Carolina game, and that game draws lot of eyeballs in the state and country...

I like the Friday evening/ Saturday setup the best because you can see more games as a casual observer!

The NCHSAA is so old school and does not want to adjust to the times. Same reason the private school association allows scouting service individuals to obtain media passes but the NCHSAA refuses to allow it. Thankfully, most coaches until regionals and finals of states realize the benefits for the kids (as that is what it is all about) and lets these individuals into games at no charge.

Reactions: LTown Wolves
Anyone care to provide info about the game itself?

I've seen EL play several times and they are very good and they do everything well. I haven't seen Forest Hills play since they beat Salisbury in last year's regional final but I know they have almost everyone back and I'm sure the 6'7 guy has really improved. EL has a big guy, Kuthan, playing his first year of varsity and he has been a difference maker for them. EL is capable of playing smothering defense and forcing a lot of turnovers, and if I remember correctly FH has the same type of guards that can really speed you up and turn you over. I think this will be a very even matchup. I'd probably give a slight edge to FH talent wise, but I think EL is hungrier and wants revenge from last year's 4th round game. So its a tossup in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT