ADVERTISEMENT

East Lincoln 14 Lincolnton 8

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
Congratulations to the Mustangs and Coach Lubowicz. Good luck going forward. All the best to M. Clark, a key receiver for EL, injured early in the game.

Way to go Wolves and Coach Byrd, standing up to a really good team. Very proud of your efforts. You can do it.

Congratulations to the Mustangs and Coach Lubowicz. Good luck going forward. All the best to M. Clark, a key receiver for EL, injured early in the game.

Way to go Wolves and Coach Byrd, standing up to a really good team. Very proud of your efforts. You can do it.
Hey Linconton…I saw a lot of heart from the Wolves last night! Their defense gets after it!…. I was very impressed with the aggressive defensive scheme….they gave the Mustangs fits…the entire game! It was a typical Lincoln county slugfest!….very physical game by both teams! There’s gonna be some sore young ‘uns today!…daggum… those boys were hitting!

Lincolnton had their chances to win that game….East Lincoln should feel very fortunate!
I’ll stand by what I said at the beginning of this season…the Wolves are going to win games in the CVAC!….just watch and see!

Reactions: Lincolnton
MC my friend, thank you for the kind words about the Wolves. East is big, quick and well coached. If we can carry over playing four hard quarters to other games we can be competitive. I’m hoping our tough hard play wasn’t just fueled by playing against another Lincoln County team.
Looks like your Blue Devils are set to take the conference again. I know everyone there is excited.

My first cousin who is a good wolf, and returned kickoffs for them, long ago, recently moved to Maiden. I got him a little going-away gift, a royal blue cap with a white "M" on the front in case he found himself in some of the more "exterme Blue Devil establishments", and someone there thought they might have recognized him...Well, he said it didn't make sense so I put it in the words of a poem: I learned fear one day, the blare of the hunters sound. When they all chased after the poor wretched fox twas safer to be dressed like the hound.
He works in the Denver area down below the high school. If Lincolnton would've upset East, last night, I'd have gotten him a green cap since they hate us kindly Lincolnton peoples guts, anyway.

LHSfaninVA, About the five seniors playing, last night, yesterday was "Be kind to oldheads day", in Lincolnton, so they let some of us play. I got to play a little. I'm pretty sore this morning but I forget it every few minutes, so it isn't too bad. The officials didn't like it, though. They complained to the coach that us old guys thought slugging and biting was still legal, and they are going to report us to the NCHSAA (North Carolina Home for the Senile, Addled and Aged).

Actually, no, it isn't typical to have only five seniors. Lincolnton has been down since 2016 and I think the staff is trying hard to piece together a team and it happens to include lots of juniors and sophomores. I wish I could give you a better answer.
Also, I hope they're treating you well in the DC area. To me, it seems like the pace of life would be nearly overwhelming, there.

MC my friend, thank you for the kind words about the Wolves. East is big, quick and well coached. If we can carry over playing four hard quarters to other games we can be competitive. I’m hoping our tough hard play wasn’t just fueled by playing against another Lincoln County team.
Looks like your Blue Devils are set to take the conference again. I know everyone there is excited.

My first cousin who is a good wolf, and returned kickoffs for them, long ago, recently moved to Maiden. I got him a little going-away gift, a royal blue cap with a white "M" on the front in case he found himself in some of the more "exterme Blue Devil establishments", and someone there thought they might have recognized him...Well, he said it didn't make sense so I put it in the words of a poem: I learned fear one day, the blare of the hunters sound. When they all chased after the poor wretched fox twas safer to be dressed like the hound.
He works in the Denver area down below the high school. If Lincolnton would've upset East, last night, I'd have gotten him a green cap since they hate us kindly Lincolnton peoples guts, anyway.

LHSfaninVA, About the five seniors playing, last night, yesterday was "Be kind to oldheads day", in Lincolnton, so they let some of us play. I got to play a little. I'm pretty sore this morning but I forget it every few minutes, so it isn't too bad. The officials didn't like it, though. They complained to the coach that us old guys thought slugging and biting was still legal, and they are going to report us to the NCHSAA (North Carolina Home for the Senile, Addled and Aged).

Actually, no, it isn't typical to have only five seniors. Lincolnton has been down since 2016 and I think the staff is trying hard to piece together a team and it happens to include lots of juniors and sophomores. I wish I could give you a better answer.
Also, I hope they're treating you well in the DC area. To me, it seems like the pace of life would be nearly overwhelming, there.
What a great post!….hoping you’re “dressed like a hound”….and doing well!!

Let’s see… bye week and open with Bunker Hill! Right?
That game has potential! I think it’s going to be a great game.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Thank you, my friend. About Bunker Hill, that's correct, two weeks from now. The Bears aren't a team to mess with. They're playing tough ball up in Claremont. We'll have to give a really good effort to win.

About dressing like a hound. Yesterday was my birthday. My family consists of some cousins. One of them who lives near me bought me some underwear. It's the baggy type boxers like old men wear. My Father wore them and they were always a uriniferous color, they came that way, new. I always wondered why he wanted such a color, but now, I know. I probably smell more like a hound than do I dress like one.;)

Thank you, my friend. About Bunker Hill, that's correct, two weeks from now. The Bears aren't a team to mess with. They're playing tough ball up in Claremont. We'll have to give a really good effort to win.

About dressing like a hound. Yesterday was my birthday. My family consists of some cousins. One of them who lives near me bought me some underwear. It's the baggy type boxers like old men wear. My Father wore them and they were always a uriniferous color, they came that way, new. I always wondered why he wanted such a color, but now, I know. I probably smell more like a hound than do I dress like one.;)

😂😂😂….loving that!

That’s a good assessment, 321. Putting everything together and making it functional is going to be hard and everyone around here is wanting them to gel so badly.
To play with Bunker Hill they have to leave it all on the field and play the entire game.

Let’s see…
2016???
Oh yeah coldest I ever been at a football game!
My biggest regret since I’ve been posting is that I didn’t try to find and meet you in person on that frigid awful night.
Good luck to your team the rest of the way sir.
And one word of advice if they let you Seniors on the field again.
Stretch!
You’ll thank me later 👍

Random question for Lincolnton fans. We (tarboro) moved down to 1a back in 2013, so I haven’t kept up with you guys as much. I know back in 2010 you all have a great squad, undefeated if I’m not mistaken , until carver beat you guys, and we went on to beat them. Then you all had another great team that we had a classic game with in 2011. Have you all had any teams as good as those two recently? You all were always a class act, and hope you guys can get back on track soon!

Random question for Lincolnton fans. We (tarboro) moved down to 1a back in 2013, so I haven’t kept up with you guys as much. I know back in 2010 you all have a great squad, undefeated if I’m not mistaken , until carver beat you guys, and we went on to beat them. Then you all had another great team that we had a classic game with in 2011. Have you all had any teams as good as those two recently? You all were always a class act, and hope you guys can get back on track soon!
2016 team was very good. Especially offensively. Beat ER, and the WR son of an occasional poster on NCPreps, 68-27 in 2nd round of playoffs. Next game was a nail biting 72-44 victory over Hendersonville. Ran into Reidsville in Western 2A finals losing 28-7, thanks in large part to a transfer who would have been a senior on ER team that year (Again you're welcome tarheel 😁 )

theKidd12, bless you, my friend. I wish I'd have come over and found you. I'd be honored to meet you in person. Most visitors' biggest complaint is the cold. There is a lot of water around the stadium area. You know how you can feel the dampness walking by a branch, that entire area is like that. Ground fog is not unusual. Sometimes, in the morning, it looks like God set a cloud down on it.
Something interesting about it, though, a battle was fought there in June of 1780 (Battle of Ramsour's Mill). Around here, we like to say it was a Revolutionary War battle, kind of insinuating it was the Continental Army versus the British (Redcoats), but it wasn't, it was local people fighting each other over some wanting to stay British and some for independence. Most were killed not by bullets but by bludgeoning (Lincolnton people fighting over politics, there's an original, give me a D@mned break ).
I hear your Wildcats are very tough, this year. I hope they keep it going. I've come to believe there are two common denominators about people down in your area: They're nice, and they're tough. Go Wildcats!

vikandpirate4Christ, our 2014, 15, and 16 teams were good, but whether any of them could matchup with the great Tarboro dynasty, I don't know. It would have been really tough for any of them (our teams). About whether they could have beaten our 2011 team that lost out to Tarboro, the best I could say is maybe. I wish I could give you a more decisive opinion on that... Our 2015 team was big and tough. We beat Reidsville that year but lost out to Shelby 37-21 in the semifinal. Shelby would go on to beat Kinston the next week for the title.
All the best to the Vikings and thank you for your comments about Lincolnton.

Last edited:
Lincolnton, sounds like the young Wolves are growing up fast. They were only down to by a touchdown at the half to South Point in week one. My cousin who was in Belmont said South Point almost ran back the opening kick off to start the second half. Then the Red Raiders wore them down . Last week, he said a blocked punt and some penalties were costly. Apparently there was play where the Wolves D forced a fumble in the end zone and the ball got kicked out of bounds. So instead of a safety, NL got ball back on their own 20. Talk about momentum, changes. I was at the game last night. Once again special teams hurt the Wolves. East blocked a punt which led to a East score. I will say here some times where East fumbled but the Wolves could not come up with a recovery. The Wolves could easily be 2-1 instead of 0-3. The CVAC is a tough conference. While the Wolves open up with a good Bunker Hill team. East will play Hickory next week. I hope the East QB is ok, I noticed he went out of the game during the 4th Qtr. I hope he is ok.
For the record…I was also impressed with East Lincoln’s defense. Good Lord!. They’ll run through you!….on a tackle! The LB is a beast!…well…really all of ‘em are! East Lincoln is going to be hard to beat….with that defense!

Says a lot about Lincolntons’ backs too! They kept getting up.😉

My friend, East Lincoln is big and they’ve got depth. Someone I talk with occasionally believes the Mustangs could win the 3 A title. I know Crest, Dudley, South Point and Havelock, etc., would have something to say about that, though.

Last edited:
My friend, East Lincoln is big and they’ve got depth. Someone I talk with occasionally believes the Mustangs could win the 3 A title. I know Crest Dudley, South Point and Havelock, etc., would have something to say about that, though.
Crest, prob not. Unless they just had a bad game recently

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Crest, prob not. Unless they just had a bad game recently
My friend, Cleveland County football is a peculiar thing. They go after each other hard. Burns is good and I believe they'll be in the hunt for the title. I know they lost Friday night to another Cleveland County school namely Kings Mountain, who lost two weeks before to Shelby.
Seems like it takes Crest a little time before they start playing their best football. I never count out the Chargers. Maybe it takes all of them a little time to be their best. Probably takes a half a dozen games to get healthy from beating up on each other from early in the season.

Dang! I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I hope the best for you always!

Dang! I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I hope the best for you always!
Thank you, Cheerduck, I'm very blessed to have friends like you... Oh say, what an eventful day it was. My health plan sent a nurse by to administer a series of test ( She looked good and she was nice, too, in a professional way). I thought it would be about checking vitals but it was pretty in-depth: my teeth, eyes, hearing. The best one was questions about routine. She asked who my favorite actor was, I said George Reeves, She didn't know who that was...Tell me if I'm wrong, here, but wouldn't the arts cease to exist if it weren't for us oldheads ?

• Haha
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Mr. Lincolnton, a very happy and belated birthday to you Sir. Could you give me a call at your earliest convenience?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thank you, Cheerduck, I'm very blessed to have friends like you... Oh say, what an eventful day it was. My health plan sent a nurse by to administer a series of test ( She looked good and she was nice, too, in a professional way). I thought it would be about checking vitals but it was pretty in-depth: my teeth, eyes, hearing. The best one was questions about routine. She asked who my favorite actor was, I said George Reeves, She didn't know who that was...Tell me if I'm wrong, here, but wouldn't the arts cease to exist if it weren't for us oldheads ?

Mine is Mighty Mouse. I guess he would be considered an actor of sorts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT