ADVERTISEMENT

East Henderson

East Needs a new Head coach with experience and a winning record.
2 of the last 3 coaches this was the first Job they had,

Justin is a super person wish him well in his new role

East Needs a new Head coach with experience and a winning record.
2 of the last 3 coaches this was the first Job they had,

Justin is a super person wish him well in his new role
It’s going to be hard to attract a head coach with experience. East is a complete rebuild at all levels. Youth, middle school and high school. The culture hasn’t been the same since Chappell left and the Dr. Phil saga.

It’s going to be hard to attract a head coach with experience. East is a complete rebuild at all levels. Youth, middle school and high school. The culture hasn’t been the same since Chappell left and the Dr. Phil saga.
Flat Rock had a very good season , The JV's were Big and played hard and were in most Games. This is a fine school with good facilities , Problem has been players moving to other schools . You wont get a top notch coach if you dont seek one. I am sure we will get some good applicants . Not the time for someone to get their first Job!
It is a rebuild no OJT.

Flat Rock had a very good season , The JV's were Big and played hard and were in most Games. This is a fine school with good facilities , Problem has been players moving to other schools . You wont get a top notch coach if you dont seek one. I am sure we will get some good applicants . Not the time for someone to get their first Job!
It is a rebuild no OJT.
Players leaving are the biggest problem with the culture. I have heard of at least 2 of the better players from this years Flat Rock team who will be moving over to Hendersonville HS next year. I never said there wasn't talent, I said it was a cultural rebuild that is going to make it hard to find an experienced HC.

Job not posted on website, the thought of an experienced guy this late may be a stretch unless there is a retired coach or someone looking to get back in the head coach role that may have taken time off.

I just checked it is not posted yet . It will be tuff to get an experienced coach this late I agree.
Most Of the good coaches we have had will tell you this is a good Job and the community is supportive.
Good facilities good kids , we don't have to just settle for anybody we can get . Whoever they Hire will
get time to get things rolling . Make the wrong hire and you get 3-4 years of misery. just to be clear
steady improvement is all anybody hopes for. Several of H-ville's players came from east , Polk has some west got some. Kids and parents are not going to go along with just anything.

Reactions: UNC91
I just checked it is not posted yet . It will be tuff to get an experienced coach this late I agree.
Most Of the good coaches we have had will tell you this is a good Job and the community is supportive.
Good facilities good kids , we don't have to just settle for anybody we can get . Whoever they Hire will
get time to get things rolling . Make the wrong hire and you get 3-4 years of misery. just to be clear
steady improvement is all anybody hopes for. Several of H-ville's players came from east , Polk has some west got some. Kids and parents are not going to go along with just anything.
Yea right lol. Anytime East was relevant was because they had Hendersonville kids haha. That has ALWAYS been the case. Even back when I was in school in the early 90s. The QB came from East. That's it. We had homegrown kids up until this year. Had a pretty good qb that was behind him that was homegrown as well.

On the local coaches show Brett was asked what he thought was the problem at East.One of the things he mentioned was changing coaches all the time..I know that happened to us in the eighties .

He is correct, We really enjoyed having him. He knows what the real issue that is for sure, he is way
to nice to say it. We have hired coaches since he left that were not really into the Job. Coach #1 came
here and did not move up here till august he was a good guy , his wife was really not ready to move either
0 wins 1year.
Central office messed that hire up also , A Brett Chappell quality coach applied and we drug our feet and
he went to another school. coach #2 was a great guy , had a bad staff . 2-8 3-7 1-9 .

Current coach Graduate of East , Middle school coach at Hendersonville . 2-8 5-7 1-10 0-8 .
Scored 2 touchdowns all year . Games with no first downs this year. Games where the coachs
we not engaged with the players. He is an outstanding person with a poor staff, I wish him nothing
but the best.

That is why i think we need an experienced coach , and we need to keep them.

Last edited:
He is correct, We really enjoyed having him. He knows what the real issue that is for sure, he is way
to nice to say it. We have hired coaches since he left that were not really into the Job. Coach #1 came
here and did not move up here till august he was a good guy , his wife was really not ready to move either
0 wins 1year.
Central office messed that hire up also , A Brett Chappell quality coach applied and we drug our feet and
he went to another school. coach #2 was a great guy , had a bad staff . 2-8 3-7 1-9 .

Current coach Graduate of East , Middle school coach at Hendersonville . 2-8 5-7 1-10 0-8 .
Scored 2 touchdowns all year . Games with no first downs this year. Games where the coachs
we not engaged with the players. He is an outstanding person with a poor staff, I wish him nothing
but the best.

That is why i think we need an experienced coach , and we need to keep them.
That's the way we got back on the right track.Hired Carroll Wright.

Tony Ierulli is who i think they hired , he did not complete the 1 season at limestone. He was at Maryville in tennesee. College coaches do not usually make good High School coaches. Not impressed by the hire if true. Sad, Principal came from Limestone, He hired our new basketball coach from limestone.​

Reactions: UNC91

Tony Ierulli is who i think they hired , he did not complete the 1 season at limestone. He was at Maryville in tennesee. College coaches do not usually make good High School coaches. Not impressed by the hire if true. Sad, Principal came from Limestone, He hired our new basketball coach from limestone.​

Was he at Maryville College or Maryville High School? Maryville HS is usually a state contender in TN.

Can't Imagine the central office did any kind of Background check on this Guy, Another limestone cast off.
Announcement tonight at 6pm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT