ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth @ West Forsyth

We have. We just had a series with Northern Guilford who was the It team in Guilford team. Some of the other teams used to be good, Ie northeast Guilford and Andrews.

Not nearly enough though..

Northern Guilford hasnt been the same team that they were, they dont lure players away from other programs anymore, and only have homegrown talent, so they are where they should have been when the school first opened...

NW Guilford, RJ Reynolds, and HP Andrews are not teams Reidsville should be scheduling. The list of teams from my earlier post would be better suited for the Rams... Dudley, E Guilford, Parkland, SE or SW Guilford, Reagan, Glenn, Ragsdale.

Andrews and NE Guilford were actually decent match ups for Reidsville, back about 10-15 years ago.. not so much anymore.

Reidsville should only be scheduling the best teams from Rockingham County, every alignment, which i guess at the moment would be Morehead... but get rid of Rockingham County and McMichael.

Also.. Magna Vista, VA?? Why dont they schedule George Washington High from Danville, VA....? its about the same distance and waaaayyyyyy better competition.
Magna Vista is about to play GW Danville this Friday, and GW Danville is favored 35-7 according to Maxpreps ratings.

Last edited:
Not nearly enough though..

Northern Guilford hasnt been the same team that were, they dont lure players away from other programs anymore, and only have homegrown talent, so they are were they should have been when the school first opened...

NW Guilford, RJ Reynolds, and HP Andrews are not teams Reidsville should be scheduling. The list of teams from my earlier post would be better suited for the Rams... Dudley, E Guilford, Parkland, SE or SW Guilford, Reagan, Glenn, Ragsdale.

Andrews and NE Guilford were actually decent match ups for Reidsville, back about 10-15 years ago.. not so much anymore.

Reidsville should only be scheduling the best teams from Rockingham County, every alignment, which i guess at the moment would be Morehead... but get rid of Rockingham County and McMichael.

Also.. Magna Vista, VA?? Why dont they schedule George Washington High from Danville, VA....? its about the same distance and waaaayyyyyy better competition.
Magna Vista is about to play GW Danville this Friday, and GW Danville is favored 35-7 according to Maxpreps ratings.

We used to play gw Danville. They dropped us because when we beat them it hurts there seeding. Magna vista was coming off back to back states when we played them. We played Andrews and northeast when they were good. We have to play the rock county schools. We play Eastern Guilford next year. We used to play Eastern Guilford and blew them out all the time. We’ve played every Guilford County team of note besides page and Dudley.

We used to play gw Danville. They dropped us because when we beat them it hurts there seeding. Magna vista was coming off back to back states when we played them. We played Andrews and northeast when they were good. We have to play the rock county schools. We play Eastern Guilford next year. We used to play Eastern Guilford and blew them out all the time. We’ve played every Guilford County team of note besides page and Dudley.

Southwest and parkland just got pretty good so if we schedule them a few years ago you guys would have said the same thing

Reidsville could go out and schedule other programs from around the state.. heck, why not play someone from Charlotte or Durham, or the mountains? It doesn't always have to be someone from Guilford/Forsyth..

I do know that Page is very likely not interested in scheduling a 1A or 2A school..

Who says you have to play the Rock County Schools? the school board?

So youre saying the first 3 weeks of the season will ALWAYS be cupcake city for Rville? What a snorefest.......ZzZzZZZzZzZzzZzZzzzz.............

Reidsville could go out and schedule other programs from around the state.. heck, why not play someone from Charlotte or Durham, or the mountains? It doesn't always have to be someone from Guilford/Forsyth..

I do know that Page is very likely not interested in scheduling a 1A or 2A school..

Page isn’t interested in reidsville but you play Davie county, Southern Guilford and northern Guilford that makes a lot of sense. The rocking county school district makes us do it. I don’t like it trust me. It isn’t always cupcake city but I understand. Just like east had to play carver

Reactions: Champ_24
Page isn’t interested in reidsville but you play Davie county, Southern Guilford and northern Guilford that makes a lot of sense. The rocking county school district makes us do it. I don’t like it trust me. It isn’t always cupcake city but I understand. Just like east had to play carver

Davie is a 4A school, Northern Guilford is 3AA and borders Page's district...

S Guilford was a 2 year endowment agreement from years past between the admins. They will not be on the schedule and it was a 1 time thing.

Like i said, Page will most likely not schedule a 1A or 2A school. Thank you for your interest in W.H. Page Senior High
:p

Davie is a 4A school, Northern Guilford is 3AA and borders Page's district...

S Guilford was a 2 year endowment agreement from years past between the admins. They will not be on the schedule and it was a 1 time thing.

Like i said, Page will most likely not schedule a 1A or 2A school. Thank you for your interest in W.H. Page Senior High
:p

Not my point but ok

What Reidsville must realize you guys have a History of being a dominant force in 2A. Nothing more. Start playing a 4A schedule every week and watch things change. As good as they believe they are. They're in 2A for a reason. The program is not built to take on that level of competition weekly. Would take more L's than W's.

Last edited:
Reactions: PagePirates44
I see both sides of the argument but Reidsville does have a point if they are sending out invitations and all of the bigger triad schools wont accept their challenge. Thats why most ppl living outside the Triad say ALL of the big Triad schools DUCK Reidsville. In the 704 we dont have that problem. Mallard Creek has reached out to Catholic 3a, Shelby 2a, even Dillon 2a for games. Vance has played Monroe 3a, Hough played Concord, North Meck played Cox Mill, I could keep going on and on. Triad schools walk it like you talk it

I see both sides of the argument but Reidsville does have a point if they are sending out invitations and all of the bigger triad schools wont accept their challenge. Thats why most ppl living outside the Triad say ALL of the big Triad schools DUCK Reidsville. In the 704 we dont have that problem. Mallard Creek has reached out to Catholic 3a, Shelby 2a, even Dillon 2a for games. Vance has played Monroe 3a, Hough played Concord, North Meck played Cox Mill, I could keep going on and on. Triad schools walk it like you talk it

There are so many better matchups within 4A&4AA that can be played. I don't see why a Big Triad school would want to play 2A Reidsville. What would they get out of it? It would only benefit Reidsville. MC played CC when they were 4A. They blew them off the map both games. Scheduling is a very difficult task. A lot more goes into scheduling these games, than one could imagine. I don't believe MC will ever play Dillon again. Been there done that. They went that route because of scheduling issues with some of the bigger programs within SC. Most years I believe EF, Page handles Reidsville with no problem.

Reactions: Veejay4
Forsyth County schools have been given the freedom to play whomever they wish for the upcoming cycle. The new county AD from what i'm hearing has granted the schools this freedom.

Thanks for the clarity.

@nepsy7 made it clear. It would benefit programs like WF and EF nothing to play Reidsville.

It's a no win as it's been tirelessly made clear. If the 4A programs win we're supposed to if we lose then that's a whole other thing.

If the news about Forsyth Co AD opening the schools to choose their in county nonconference opponents that'll help some.

The county was robbed of a EF vs Parkland matchup this year because of the current setup.

We should go no lower than 3A if we can't find other 4A opponents that make sense.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I think East would win going away if they played Parkland. I've been to a couple of their games and they wouldn't match up well up front with you guys. I think the discipline and X's and O's would catch up with them. Marvin Ridge game should've been a loss and besides SW Guilford, no one is else they've played is anywhere close to having an above 500 winning percentage. Just my opinion.... I like some of their offensive skill guys but just scrambling around for 4-7 seconds and heaving it down the field is not the greatest formula to beat East or West for that matter.

@nepsy7 made it clear. It would benefit programs like WF and EF nothing to play Reidsville.

It's a no win as it's been tirelessly made clear. If the 4A programs win we're supposed to if we lose then that's a whole other thing.

If the news about Forsyth Co AD opening the schools to choose their in county nonconference opponents that'll help some.

The county was robbed of a EF vs Parkland matchup this year because of the current setup.

We should go no lower than 3A if we can't find other 4A opponents that make sense.

100% correct but its not just about winning. If you dont win by 21pts or more then the Reidsville fans jump up and down and start screaming about enrollment numbers and moral victories. What does playing Reidsville prepare you for?

East Forsyth would benefit by dropping Carver and adding Reidsville to a one time home and away series. West Stokes just played Carver in conference and beat them 61-0 same score East Forsyth beat them. Carver may have had thirty fans with the stokes side full. Reidsville would fill the stands home and away.

East Forsyth would benefit by dropping Carver and adding Reidsville to a one time home and away series. West Stokes just played Carver in conference and beat them 61-0 same score East Forsyth beat them. Carver may have had thirty fans with the stokes side full. Reidsville would fill the stands home and away.

They could also replace them with Charlotte Catholic which would fill the stands and mean so much more for the program.

Carver/ EF was scheduled by the WSFCS. EF had no choice. Also, just a couple of years ago, Carver was was competing with 4A schools and winning the WPAC conference.

Carver/ EF was scheduled by the WSFCS. EF had no choice. Also, just a couple of years ago, Carver was was competing with 4A schools and winning the WPAC conference.
Carver has fallen off last two years. It's strange that Carver, Walkertown and Atkins located so close are all down. Open enrollment not benefiting these schools

Reidsville should reach out to Dillon SC. They have similar enrollment numbers. That game would be huge. I just don't see the interest in watching a 2A Reidsville playing an elite 4A program.

This would be good games also but they would mean the same for East.

Beating CC vs beating Reidsville is not the same.

Reidsville has a long history of beating up on 2A programs. Nothing more. I don't know why you guys continue trying to make them something bigger than that. They are not

Last edited:
And you guys are overrating some of these triad teams. The only team I’d definitely favor over reidsville is east Forsyth in the triad. Parkland has been good this one year

And you guys are overrating some of these triad teams. The only team I’d definitely favor over reidsville is east Forsyth in the triad. Parkland has been good this one year

There is nothing overrated about Page, EF, and Dudley. Those are the only team I mentioned.

There is nothing overrated about Page, EF, and Dudley. Those are the only team I mentioned.

Those teams are legit! East is the best of the bunch right now. Page and Dudley would be s good game with reidsville, IMO. I’m not saying we win. I just watched the page northwest game and reidsville played northwest also.

I think East would win going away if they played Parkland. I've been to a couple of their games and they wouldn't match up well up front with you guys. I think the discipline and X's and O's would catch up with them. Marvin Ridge game should've been a loss and besides SW Guilford, no one is else they've played is anywhere close to having an above 500 winning percentage. Just my opinion.... I like some of their offensive skill guys but just scrambling around for 4-7 seconds and heaving it down the field is not the greatest formula to beat East or West for that matter.

I agree. I was speaking from the standpoint of exciting matchups for Triad area.

We haven't had many this year. Page and EF was going to be that marquee game until Reagan spoiled it.

These next two games will generate slight buzz knowing if EF doesn't show up it could be interesting with either Reagan or Glenn but I doubt it.

See the above comments. There are no benefits for East playing Reidsville except for gate. Reidsville fams do travel well.

They could also replace them with Charlotte Catholic which would fill the stands and mean so much more for the program.

I like that Catholic game. We could also consider Dudley, Parkland if we're talking 3A. We already play Tabor.

Wouldn't mind seeing Wake Forest, C Gibbons, Creek, Butler, Vance or Myers Park 4A.

Could you imagine the kids seeing some of these teams on the schedule during preseason workouts? The kids get up for these games too.

Carver has fallen off last two years. It's strange that Carver, Walkertown and Atkins located so close are all down. Open enrollment not benefiting these schools

Leadership decisions in Forsth county has decimated some programs. It appears they tried to pacify everyone either not realizing or more likely they didn't care they were over saturating that particular area.

You can almost lay down central to these schools and literally touch Carver, Atkins, East and Prep.

It's easily a 15 minute drive by all four of these schools and maybe tack on 10 more minutes to touch Walkertown.
There seems to be no vision behind any of these decisions.

Parkland would beat you this "one year". West would beat you. You'd have your hands full if not lose to Tabor most years. We went over this. Everyone else you're game against.

Enjoy Reynolds you're beating a 4A opponent right?

So play a top rank 4A program, were it's a win win either way. Instead of traveling to Dillon and getting the brakes beat off of you playing a school with similar numbers. OK GOTCHA!

Call Dillon and schedule the game. I have $250.00 I'll give for gas money.

Last edited:
Parkland would beat you this "one year". West would beat you. You'd have your hands full if not lose to Tabor most years. We went over this. Everyone else you're game against.

Enjoy Reynolds you're beating a 4A opponent right?

Not sure why you guys say you lose just because I think and say you do.

So play a top rank 4A program, were it's a win win either way. Instead of traveling to Dillon and getting the brakes beat off of you playing a school with similar numbers. OK GOTCHA!

Call Dillon and schedule the game. I have $250.00 I'll give for gas money.

I would love that series. Someone said mount tabor, I’d like north Davidson also. I know coach Teague does his best.

I would love that series. Someone said mount tabor, I’d like north Davidson also. I know coach Teague does his best.

If you really would like to test your squad, reach out to Dillon. They've won 7 State Championships the last 8 years. Forget about ND & MT. They have won nothing.

Dillon would be a unique matchup. Only question is does Dillon ever come out of SC to do a home and home. Also Reidsville should look east and reach out to Havelock, Tarboro, or Southern Durham

Dillon would be a unique matchup. Only question is does Dillon ever come out of SC to do a home and home. Also Reidsville should look east and reach out to Havelock, Tarboro, or Southern Durham

I guess we should look out east. Judging by everyone on here. We have played Ravenscroft before

What about Rock Hill South Pointe??? I think they would do a home and home.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I think realistic Reidsville should contact N. Davidson or Randleman, even Mt. Airy. Teams that'll give you a good gate and better competition.

East Forsyth should look south into the Charlotte-Metro area more

Agreed.

Who does East get next year non conference?

Man or man an East vs Parkland game would had been special this season. The county dropped the ball on this 1

Reactions: tarheel fan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT