ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth @ West Forsyth

Hate I missed you @Veejay4, I waited up until the Eagles won the coin toss. I even had a plate waiting on you at Titan tailgate. It was what a rivalry should be... A hard fought battle between two good teams. @Warhead1 you must have a dislike for West, because calls were bad both ways. I don't know what it is, but the refs have been horrible this year. We were talking in the stands about how the East receivers were pretty much grabbing West DB's jerseys inside and holding them on jet sweep plays (no call) I admit the first down given to East and then taken back was horrible, but so too was the intentional grounding call on quarterback Ferguson, when he was clearly out of the pocket on East sideline and the TE #81 was in the area. Late in the 2nd quarter East quarterback was clearly past the line of scrimmage on the throw to Crowell that he ran to the 3 yard line just before the half but luckily the kick was blocked, so some things go your way some things don't... I do know the D coordinator talked to my nephew & cousin after the game and he told them they were good players and they have to be the best 4-3 team in the state. Most West fans knew going into the season we would be young on offense as East was young last year and senior heavy on defense this year. All I'm saying is watch out next year, the offense only loses #6 and everybody else is back, a lot of juniors on defense too... as I mentioned Friday, I wanted to see a good game and we got that for sure.

Forgot to respond to you. Working alot and I hate we didn't meet but there will be other times. West this year is where we were last year I agree.

That had to be the same officiating crew from Parkland vs SW Guilford. Lol.

The right draw you all could give someone fits in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: red_wilson1
I just can't agree with you guys. What a program did a few years ago with a different roster has no bearing on what happens on a roster 4 years down the line because no matter how much a coach tell their players about a previous championship game, that player will still not have experienced a championship game. Mallard Creek, Wake Forest, Page, Dudley, etc. are constantly in the thick of things because they have great rosters as well as great coaches. They're not good because they play tough competition. And truth be told you can skate by with a great roster alone on occasions.

A program like Scotland is doing pretty bad this year not because of coaching, but because their roster isn't up to par this year. But because that school has had success (and also because there isn't another school in Scotland County) they'll be fine in a year or two.

Let's look at Reidsville. They consistently play mediocre teams, yet year after year they find themselves in the championship game. Having a weak schedule has not stopped that team from succeeding. Just because Mallard Creek has a tough schedule doesn't mean a tough schedule is going to help that team win it all.

Correlation does not imply causation.

I’d love a east Forsyth reidsville matchup

They play JV for the last two years against each other and split. Good namesake matchup other than that EF isn't losing to Reidsville.

East would beat reidsville this year, we are very young. But our state championship teams could beat east I’m confident in that.

Ef doesn’t even play the toughest non conf schedule in the world

Last edited:
I’d love a east Forsyth reidsville matchup

Smaller 2A Reidsville that's different from other 2A programs would have a serious problem with depth. Starters would probably be fine, but once you start rotating the 2's & 3's, which would be inevitable playing bigger schools. There would be a huge drop off. That's when the game would pretty much be over.

Smaller 2A Reidsville that's different from other 2A programs would have a serious problem with depth. Starters would probably be fine, but once you start rotating the 2's & 3's, which would be inevitable playing bigger schools. There would be a huge drop off. That's when the game would pretty much be over.

That’s what would happen this year.

I’m talking about the state championship teams reidsville has had. You guys probably don’t get to see those teams, but that’s a different animal.

Reidsville after this year will be dangerous. I’d love a dudley, page or ef series

I’m talking about the state championship teams reidsville has had. You guys probably don’t get to see those teams, but that’s a different animal.

Reidsville after this year will be dangerous. I’d love a dudley, page or ef series

Does not matter what year. Around the 3rd or 4th quarter attrition would set in. Game over. Watched it during the North Meck vs MHS game. NM had FBS QB, with big time WR and stud RB. Huge in the trenches. Problem was to many guys playing both ways. They jumped out 13-0 against MHS. I thought they were going to have a running clock. They gassed out. Numbers just to low. Reidsville probably could sneak up on those teams 1 out of 10 games. The majority of those games they would take an L. Reidsville starting a series with those schools would not benefit any of the programs.

Last edited:
East would beat reidsville this year, we are very young. But our state championship teams could beat east I’m confident in that.

Ef doesn’t even play the toughest non conf schedule in the world

We didn't play the toughest nonconference schedule in 2012 or 15 when we gave Butler and Creek all they wanted. That nonconference talk is a tired narrative and can work both ways.

Let's not assume every championship team you've had is automatic. I mean we can all reach back for past championship teams or really good teams and compare.

We respect Reidsville greatly but trust me we're not Reynolds. Promise you.

We didn't play the toughest nonconference schedule in 2012 or 15 when we gave Butler and Creek all they wanted. That nonconference talk is a tired narrative and can work both ways.

Let's not assume every championship team you've had is automatic. I mean we can all reach back for past championship teams or really good teams and compare.

We respect Reidsville greatly but trust me we're not Reynolds. Promise you.

I know who you are. I’ve seen east Forsyth play I live in Greensboro. We don’t have to talk about the past.

My only point about the non conference schedule is let’s not act like we would be a waste of your time. Besides page we beat all of those other teams.

Anyway, good luck this year. Hope you guys bring it home for the triad.

Does not matter what year. Around the 3rd or 4th quarter attrition would set in. Game over. Watched it during the North Meck vs MHS game. NM had FBS QB, with big time WR and stud RB. Huge in the trenches. Problem was to many guys playing both ways. They jumped out 13-0 against MHS. I thought they were going to have a running clock. They gassed out. Numbers just to low. Reidsville probably could sneak up on those teams 1 out of 10 games. The majority of those games they would take an L. Reidsville starting a series with those schools would not benefit any of the programs.

The Dudley reidsville match up is highly talked about in this area

I was headed there with that comment. Again much respect for Reidsvilles program but it come down to numbers not talent.

I never understood how some on here refer to kids as 1A, 2A etc... ..talent. Talent is just what it is. The separation for kids playing at those schools isn't talent but numbers.

I'm sure Reidsville has many kids who could play anywhere but as a program however @nepsy7 point is spot on.

I know who you are. I’ve seen east Forsyth play I live in Greensboro. We don’t have to talk about the past.

My only point about the non conference schedule is let’s not act like we would be a waste of your time. Besides page we beat all of those other teams.

Anyway, good luck this year. Hope you guys bring it home for the triad.

Hope so too. As usual you all are a major player for States so it's business as usual for Reidsville. No luck needed for you all.

After this year? You all are dangerous pretty much every year. You all sneak up on no one regardless of the year. Lol. I know what you mean though.

After this year? You all are dangerous pretty much every year. You all sneak up on no one regardless of the year. Lol. I know what you mean though.

We have a pretty good team this year. It might be enough to win 2a. But this team could give you guys as decent game, but I would favor east by a td or 2 maybe more. We are starting 10 sophomores.

I got to see the ef team with Beal and cone good team. Qb play held you guys back. Don’t get to see as many games because of work.

We have a pretty good team this year. It might be enough to win 2a. But this team could give you guys as decent game, but I would favor east by a td or 2 maybe more. We are starting 10 sophomores.

I got to see the ef team with Beal and cone good team. Qb play held you guys back. Don’t get to see as many games because of work.

We take this years qb with that 15 team we're probably looking at another state title.

We're young on O but we're very mature on D. Most of our skills on O are either sophomores or juniors. Cupboards never empty at Reidsville. Who knows our JV's play so varsity maybe around the corner.

I'm sure if we do get an opportunity to upgrade it'll probably be 4A 4AA route.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Are you drunk again? You're really talking about Reidsville playing East Forsyth? East Forsyth 50 Reidsville 14. HAHAHA!!! I'm just playing with you Wolfpack I mean Tarheel.... but really the bartender just said you're cut off. Or was that me she was talkin to? ;)

Reactions: Veejay4
I dont get why teams in Guilford and Forsyth co duck Reidsville on a annual basis. Would be a great Gate

Reidsville would win their share in a series. Reidsville is always good but the team they had a couple years ago was really good. Good kicker, big lineman and speed everywhere. The team from the east didn't have a chance

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Are you drunk again? You're really talking about Reidsville playing East Forsyth? East Forsyth 50 Reidsville 14. HAHAHA!!! I'm just playing with you Wolfpack I mean Tarheel.... but really the bartender just said you're cut off. Or was that me she was talkin to? ;)

You're the same guy that said Reidsville had no chance vs Northwest lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
I dont get why teams in Guilford and Forsyth co duck Reidsville on a annual basis. Would be a great Gate

Not ducking from a 4A level more so than I believe it's enough 4A programs to generate similar competition.

Let me correct myself and say not all are ducking. I'd be foolish to think every upper class program in our area were in a hurry to play Reidsville. Lol.

I know for a fact Reidsville will bring a healthy gate. They about had the visitors side of EF filled on a Thursday for a JV game last year.

Much respect for their program and fans.

I've seen Reidsville play quite a few games. Forsyth county would have trouble beating them on a regular basis.

Forsyth Co. as in which teams? We have many (too many to be honest but that's for another thread). I know a 3A team that shares that stadium you all beat Reynolds in last year that would give it to you this year (Parkland).

Of course you would beat NF, WTown, Reynolds, Prep and Bishop, recently Carver, you would struggle some with Glenn lately, not sure how many times you beat Tabor most years either.

You're not beating EF and WF consistently and you shouldn't. Out of 10 times you would beat both EF and WF maybe twice each.

Reactions: nepsy7
Forsyth Co. as in which teams? We have many (too many to be honest but that's for another thread). I know a 3A team that shares that stadium you all beat Reynolds in last year that would give it to you this year (Parkland).

Of course you would beat NF, WTown, Reynolds, Prep and Bishop, recently Carver, you would struggle some with Glenn lately, not sure how many times you beat Tabor most years either.

You're not beating EF and WF consistently and you shouldn't. Out of 10 times you would beat both EF and WF maybe twice each.

He’s not a reidsville fan. The post and you shouldn’t doesn’t make it so. I won’t name his many times reidsville could beat east and west, because that’s really hard to do without actually playing the game. We still have a open date I think maybe we can get another Forsyth or Guilford team

He’s not a reidsville fan. The post and you shouldn’t doesn’t make it so. I won’t name his many times reidsville could beat east and west, because that’s really hard to do without actually playing the game. We still have a open date I think maybe we can get another Forsyth or Guilford team

For sure 2010 and 2015 reidsville team would get whooped by anyone

How many out of county games are Forsyth county schools allowed and are they allowed to choose who to play in county

How many out of county games are Forsyth county schools allowed and are they allowed to choose who to play in county
The school system chose 2 in county for them to play, it was always the little schools against the big ones, Prep,Atkins, Walkertown, Carver vs. West, East, RJR, Reagan, Glenn. All in system games are share the gate, so a couple of small schools complained about not getting to share gate with big ones. I have heard rumors that this practice is ending after this season, unless 2 schools wish to continue.

We have a couple of Forsyth County coaches that post on here if they wish to verify this.

I'm not a Reidsville fan and went to school in Forsyth county several years ago. East Forsyth has a good program and have been to a few of their playoff games. It's good to see Parkland field a good team again and they were good back in the day. Outside of these two schools Forsyth football is down. It may have a lot to do with all the schools in the city. Carver, Walkertown and Atkins are 2a and they are really down. No middle school football probably hurts Forsyth.

The school system chose 2 in county for them to play, it was always the little schools against the big ones, Prep,Atkins, Walkertown, Carver vs. West, East, RJR, Reagan, Glenn. All in system games are share the gate, so a couple of small schools complained about not getting to share gate with big ones. I have heard rumors that this practice is ending after this season, unless 2 schools wish to continue.

We have a couple of Forsyth County coaches that post on here if they wish to verify this.

Thank you I hope you're right. We (EF) have no business playing Carver or North.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You're the same guy that said Reidsville had no chance vs Northwest lol

I did say that Back in 2013 and NW beat the Rams down with a 42-14 butt whipping! But times have changed. Coach Woodruff and the Wing T went back to Michigan and NW tried to turn that slow undersized squad into a spread team. You keep playing NWG giving yourself false hope. I can tell you right now if you ever played East Forsyth on a Varsity Football night they might beat you by 50 like NW did back then.

BTW, How did Reidsville take over an East Forsyth West Forsyth 4A thread? Shouldn't you be in the 2A room talking about some 8 man football team you're going to beat by 70 again this week? Yes, I could see how that could make you Rams feel so immortal. BTW, it took you almost 4 full qtrs to put away NWG a few weeks ago lol. Go home you're drunk! Whoever said out of 10 games you would beat East Forsyth is drunk too. Out of 10 games you would lose 10 to EF. Now playing NF or Carver yes you could win those game. Get out of here with that straight up disrespect!

Last edited:
Reactions: PagePirates44
For sure 2010 and 2015 reidsville team would get whooped by anyone

I did say that Back in 2013 and NW beat the Rams down with a 42-14 butt whipping! But times have changed. Coach Woodruff and the Wing T went back to Michigan and NW tried to turn that slow undersized squad into a spread team. You keep playing NWG giving yourself false hope. I can tell you right now if you ever played East Forsyth on a Varsity Football night they might beat you by 50 like NW did back then.

BTW, How did Reidsville take over an East Forsyth West Forsyth 4A thread? Shouldn't you be in the 2A room talking about some 8 man football team you're going to beat by 70 again this week? Yes, I could see how that could make you Rams feel so immortal. BTW, it took you almost 4 full qtrs to put away NWG a few weeks ago lol. Go home you're drunk! Whoever said out of 10 games you would beat East Forsyth is drunk too. Out of 10 games you would lose 10 to EF. Now playing NF or Carver yes you could win those game. Get out of here with that straight up disrespect!

Don't be around the bush @Warhead1 tell'em how you really feel. Lol. Give them 1. They field some exceptional teams and may catch EF or WF on a down year.

Probably more apt to have happened in the beginning of Snows and Willerts campaigns at their respective schools.

Gotta understand it's not much respect for Forsyth Co. football until someone closes the deal again (States). It should be that way but I get it the level of confidence can be absurd sometimes.

Last edited:

Get on west Forsyth too then and southeast.
You’re right that’s why northwest is no longer on the schedule no more false hope. Yawn I’ve seen you get things wrong before

You made my point. You just posted 2 seasons and while ib

Don't be around the bush @Warhead1 tell'em how you really feel. Lol. Give them 1. They field some exceptional teams and may catch EF or WF on a down year.

Probably more apt to have happened in the beginning of Snows and Willerts campaigns at their respective schools.

Gotta understand it's not much respect for Forsyth Co. football until someone closes the deal again (States). It should be that way but I get it the level of confidence can be absurd sometimes.

I posted 2 seasons where reidsville would get whooped by anyone. Those were bad reidsville teams. Reidsville beat northwest 47-3 last year got that blowout back. East wasn’t that good from 2004 to 2009. Those are games the rams definitely win. By looking on max preps.

For any 4AA school with over a 2000 student ADM, it's not really worth it to play a 2A or 1A school.. because if you win, it's because you were supposed to. If you lose, everyone points the finger and laughs. It's a darned if you do, darned if you don't, situation. It happened to NW Guilford. But let's all remember that NW Guilford isn't really known for their football team.... I think the bigger programs in the Triad like Page, E Forsyth, Dudley, W Forsyth would probably have a bit too much for Reidsville, talent wise it could be about even, but depth wise is where it would matter more down the stretch. I do think Reidsville should and could schedule some really good contests against schools like E Guilford, Parkland, SE or SW Guilford, Reagan, Glenn. With Dudley having 3A numbers now would be a good match up for the Rams.

Reactions: Veejay4 and nepsy7
What it boils down to is, the level of competition in Rockingham County is just weak.. Reidsville has lived with a very weak schedule for many years. they need to branch out. If the support ($$$) is there for the football program then they should have no trouble traveling down 29 and across I-40 to schedule some teams in Guilford and Forsyth Counties. Kinda crazy that this is just now being talked about. Rville should have been scheduling multiple teams from both counties many years ago.. its a shame that the team from the self proclaimed football capital of NC can only be seen in the confines of Rockingham County.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7 and Veejay4
I posted 2 seasons where reidsville would get whooped by anyone. Those were bad reidsville teams. Reidsville beat northwest 47-3 last year got that blowout back. East wasn’t that good from 2004 to 2009. Those are games the rams definitely win. By looking on max preps.

I meant to delete that first part and thought I did after I reread your post. I beat you to the other part.

I already said early on in Willerts and Snows tenure you all may have been game but not so much so now CONSISTENTLY is the operative word here.

For any 4AA school with over a 2000 student ADM, it's not really worth it to play a 2A or 1A school.. because if you win, it's because you were supposed to. If you lose, everyone points the finger and laughs. It's a darned if you do, darned if you don't, situation. It happened to NW Guilford. But let's all remember that NW Guilford isn't really known for their football team.... I think the bigger programs in the Triad like Page, E Forsyth, Dudley, W Forsyth would probably have a bit too much for Reidsville, talent wise it could be about even, but depth wise is where it would matter more down the stretch. I do think Reidsville should and could schedule some really good contests against schools like E Guilford, Parkland, SE or SW Guilford, Reagan, Glenn. With Dudley having 3A numbers now would be a good match up for the Rams.

Agreed.

What it boils down to is, the level of competition in Rockingham County is just weak.. Reidsville has lived with a very weak schedule for many years. they need to branch out. If the support ($$$) is there for the football program then they should have trouble traveling down 29 and across I-40 to schedule some teams in Guilford and Forsyth Counties. Kinda crazy that this is just now being talked about. Rville should have been scheduling multiple teams from both counties many years ago.. its a shame that the team from the self proclaimed football capital of NC can only be seen in the confines of Rockingham County.

We have. We just had a series with Northern Guilford who was the It team in Guilford team. Some of the other teams used to be good, Ie northeast Guilford and Andrews.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT