ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth (5-0) @ Page (2-4) 9/28

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
Coming into this contest, Page won 45-0 over Southern Guilford and East Forsyth won 52-21 over Grimsley.

East Forsyth won the first 3 contests and owned the series early going 9-7 from 1963-78
Page took over the series and dominated going 25-4 from 1979-2007
Starting in 2008, East Forsyth is 5-2 against Page in the series, from 09-12 the teams did not play each other, except for the 2012 playoff contest. Page has won the last 2 contests in the series.

Walter Hines Page vs East Forsyth All-time Head-to-Head (1963 to 2008, 2012-Present)
1963: East Forsyth 6-0
1964: East Forsyth 12-6
1965: East Forsyth 34-18
1966: Page 14-6
1967: East Forsyth 28-12
1968: Page 33-6
1969: Page 33-18
1970: Page 32-14
1971: Page 24-6
1972: East Forsyth 29-20
1973: Page 26-14
1974: Page 19-14
1975: East Forsyth 21-0
1976: East Forsyth 21-15
1977: East Forsyth 12-7
1978: East Forsyth 28-27
1979: Page 20-6
1980: Page 35-0
1981: Page 10-7
1982: East Forsyth 25-20
1983: Page 56-30
1984: Page 32-7
1985: Page 38-14
1986: Page 28-0
1987: Page 19-0
1988: Page 13-12
1989: Page 21-7
1990: Page 31-3
1991: East Forsyth 34-28
1992: East Forsyth 28-0
1993: Page 17-7
1994: Page 68-14
1995: Page 29-21
1996: Page 48-13
1997: Page 42-14
1998: Page 31-14
1999: Page 28-6
2000: Page 42-7
2001: Page 45-14
2002: Page 23-0
2003: Page 35-21
2004: East Forsyth 35-28
2005: Page 28-14
2006: Page 27-13
2007: Page 30-28
2008: East Forsyth 9-7
2009: No contest
2010: No contest
2011: No contest
2012: East Forsyth 44-24 (Playoffs)
2013: East Forsyth 32-21
2014: East Forsyth 31-21
2015: East Forsyth 31-30
2016: Page 34-21
2017: Page 20-19

All-time Series Record: Page 34 , East Forsyth 18

Page's largest margin of victory: 54 (68-14 in 1994)
East Forsyth's largest margin of victory: 28 (28-0 in 1992)
Most combined points in a contest: 86 (Page victory 56-30 in 1983)

Total games with margin of victory 6 points and under: 13

Note: This will be Page's longtime Athletic Director Rusty Lee's last sporting event in his 27 year tenure at Page High. Thank you for everything!

giphy.gif

Page points for 200, against 71
EF points for 246, against 59

Page's opponents combined record: 17-15
EF's opponents combined record: 6-23

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Page has had a tough past couple of weeks, to say the least, with the close upset loss to Reagan and the other news around the team. I didn't cover the game, but i heard that Page regrouped well and played much more focused against S Guilford, and a lot more disciplined. Page suspended a senior leader on defense for the game against S. Guilford who had 1 personal foul call against Reagan. Good call by the coaching staff. Good that he is holding the kids accountable, regardless of how good they are or how long they've been on the team.

East Forsyth has some really good players who can make plays and they are very very well coached. They have basically blown out everyone on their schedule so far in non conference. Although, the best team they have played is a 2-3 Sanderson team that lost to Enloe 42-35. So, its a bit tough to gauge what they are all about. EF is fresher but Page is a bit more tested, it will be interesting to see if that plays a role in this years contest.

Me thinks this one has all the makings to be a very close game alot like last years 20-19 ball game and the 31-30 game in '15, East Forsyth is flying high undefeated at 5-0, and everyone knows that Page is 5-1 on the field. Both teams are very talented with multiple college prospects on both sides of the ball. Expect it to be an epic match up, as always! Both teams have pretty balanced offenses and good defenses, who will make the extra couple of plays is what it most likely comes down to. Both teams do not go down easy and it will be a battle til the end.

A few weeks ago it was touted as the biggest match up in the Triad. Surely it still is....?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
East Forsyth is definitely favored to win against Page. Cant deny that. The Eagles probably clobber Reagan as well.

Page has had a tough past couple of weeks, to say the least, with the close upset loss to Reagan and the other news around the team. I didn't cover the game, but i heard that Page regrouped well and played much more focused against S Guilford, and a lot more disciplined. Page suspended a senior leader on defense for the game against S. Guilford who had 1 personal foul call against Reagan. Good call by the coaching staff. Good that he is holding the kids accountable, regardless of how good they are or how long they've been on the team.

East Forsyth has some really good players who can make plays and they are very very well coached. They have basically blown out everyone on their schedule so far in non conference. Although, the best team they have played is a 2-3 Sanderson team that lost to Enloe 42-35. So, its a bit tough to gauge what they are all about. EF is fresher but Page is a bit more tested, it will be interesting to see if that plays a role in this years contest.

Me thinks this one has all the makings to be a very close game alot like last years 20-19 ball game and the 31-30 game in '15, East Forsyth is flying high undefeated at 5-0, and everyone knows that Page is 5-1 on the field. Both teams are very talented with multiple college prospects on both sides of the ball. Expect it to be an epic match up, as always! Both teams have pretty balanced offenses and good defenses, who will make the extra couple of plays is what it most likely comes down to. Both teams do not go down easy and it will be a battle til the end.

A few weeks ago it was touted as the biggest match up in the Triad. Surely it still is....?

I'm assuming you're referring to the bye during the storm as being fresher. That can work both ways good or bad.

We expected the best Page team coming in but because of the off the field issues we really expect Page to try and make a statement this game.

We're glad we got past that part of the schedule and trying to keep the kids motivated was the hardest part for the coaches I'm certain.

Motivation won't be an issue for the next few weeks I guarantee you. 21 point favorite is too steep for either team in this series as of late.

I won't venture into favorites and point spreads but just glad we have some quality opponents coming up the next few weeks starting with a state respected program such as Page.

EF relishes games like this and will indeed find out where we stand after Friday and going forward.

Based on the scrimmage at BB&T Stadium for East and the scouting done on Page, i would say East has a major upper hand in this match up. East size across the board is superior to Page. Athletically the teams are more equal, however, East seems to play with a little more maturity. That could be from experience or from coaching, Im not sure from which though. Page losing to Reagan is the biggest measurable for this match up. Reagan by no means is considered a powerhouse, not even in their own county/conference. Most would have thought that Page would hand Reagan a good beat down but obviously that wasnt the case. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but Reagan played Richmond week 1 and they we beaten badly, and at the BB&T scrimmage East handled Richmond with ease at times. I hope this game is competitve, however, Im not sure it will be.

East Forsyth 42
Page 21

Let me know what you all think!

I haven't seen Page but have enough respect for the program and history of this series to understand a 20 point beating isn't a safe projection.

We're just trying to get a win in Greensboro in a hostile environment.

Page has too much pride and a lot riding on getting back in good position with NCHSAA to just take a 20 point beating.

If we go there and come away with a convincing win then we may be on to something in Kernersville. Page has accomplished too much in the way of championships to ever take them for granted.

Any win at Page by any margin is a good win. That Reagan comment is spot on. Our second best team in Forsyth Co. is 3A Parkland who's more than capable of handling anyone in the triad.

I think the defense on both ball clubs are too good to give up anything close to 42 points in this match up.. unless wheels fall off for either team, but I don't see that happening.

Probably more in the 28-21 final score type range, and I think it could go either way, East Forsyth is the favorite, though.

Based on the scrimmage at BB&T Stadium for East and the scouting done on Page, i would say East has a major upper hand in this match up. East size across the board is superior to Page. Athletically the teams are more equal, however, East seems to play with a little more maturity. That could be from experience or from coaching, Im not sure from which though. Page losing to Reagan is the biggest measurable for this match up. Reagan by no means is considered a powerhouse, not even in their own county/conference. Most would have thought that Page would hand Reagan a good beat down but obviously that wasnt the case. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but Reagan played Richmond week 1 and they we beaten badly, and at the BB&T scrimmage East handled Richmond with ease at times. I hope this game is competitve, however, Im not sure it will be.

East Forsyth 42
Page 21

Let me know what you all think!

Going off of what teams did in a scrimmage is a novice move, first off. It's a glorified practice and coaches are using it as a learning tool instead of just trying to win.
Page losing to Reagan was a perfect storm for the Raiders. Like someone said, if that game is played 10 times, Page wins it 8 of those times, especially if its played on Friday night at Page like it was supposed to be. With all the distractions and also playing early on a Wednesday was enough of an equalizing factor for Reagan to pull off the upset, it happened and they moved on, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock into that loss. Reagan is good, but they aren't that good.. With respects of your head to head comparisons, it's just hard to see a scrimmage and a Wednesday game totaling up to a 21 point spread in this one.

If we look at both teams and match them up, without all the other stuff. It seems to me that it will be a close battle like it has been in the recent past. I could be wrong, but I sure hope not. Win or lose I just want to see a great ball game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
I'm seeing this as a tightly contested game as Page is battled tested and this will by far be East's toughest opponent (wish WSFC didn't hamstring the Eagles, but you play who is on your schedule) I think the key to this is special teams. Page has always been known for having really good special teams (PK and punter) and the Eagles have a very good freshman kicker. I see this as a 31-28 kind of game or in the score range from 2013-2015 games that were played between these two fine programs. Good luck to both teams on Friday night!

So hard to predict a game like this. I do believe it will be a great one though. Not sure special teams will win the game for either but could certainly contribute to a loss.

Page is raw right now.....looks as if they are rallying against the adversity of a loss, potential forfeits and an AD retiring. We’ll see if it is enough.

Gonna be a fun one.

@Eagles/Trojans13 you're correct in that Forsyth Co. does us no favors with this rotating schedule of playing county teams.

So glad we're finally getting a quality opponent and get to find out how "real" we are. We can't disparage Reagan in that the same adversity Page didn't overcome with the short week is the same adversity Reagan overcame getting on the bus and travelling to Guilford Co. and getting the win. You could make an argument Reagan does better with more prep too.

Was Page exposed by Reagan or is East as good as advertised?

Good thing is it's Friday and all the speculation will be put to bed. EagleNation will be travelling down 40 pulling up to Mr. Kirby's neighborhood and trying to get a DUB!!

Hope everyone thinks Page was “exposed”....that would be great.

All that said, game will be settled between the lines....as it should be. Two really good teams....game will be worth the price of admission.

Safe travels east on 40!

28-7 EF in the 3rd. 14-7 at half, and the Eagles ran the 2nd half opening kick off for a TD. Page hasn't really been able to move the ball. Poor from top to bottom.

EF is clearly the better team.

Complete domination by the Eagles tonight. East QB is really good. East also has a wide selection of receivers as well who can all catch and run it. The game was 14-7 going into halftime, but it was clear that East was controlling that game from the start.

East is going to be a real threat in the 4A playoffs this year.

Page 34 East Forsyth 21

Delusional! At a wedding rehearsal and I wish I would've posted that prior to the game. We didn't get beat that bad last year with a younger team and a stout Page D.

@triadfootball_report got to give it to you. Couldn't be any closer without being perfect. To that other poster I guess they were exposed after all.

Still too much respect and Page has done lately what we're trying to do now to take any shots. Class program and they will be back for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: PagePirates44
East has to be the favorite to take it all in 4A this year. They have the meat and cheese up front, and also the skill guys to do some serious damage. Congrats on the big win tonight.

Not sure if any EF fans noticed, but Page's players had no accessories on last night (same as last week against SG).. this includes gloves, sleeves, visors, etc.
This was due to the disciplinary actions taken by Page to correct the players behavior.
Also learned during pregame that Page's senior anchor on the DL was still suspended by the coaches.

Reactions: Warhead1
Not sure if any EF fans noticed, but Page's players had no accessories on last night (same as last week against SG).. this includes gloves, sleeves, visors, etc.
This was due to the disciplinary actions taken by Page to correct the players behavior.
Also learned during pregame that Page's senior anchor on the DL was still suspended by the coaches.
Looks like not all is well at Page right now. They had their problems we all know about after their loss to Mallard Creek last year. There was zero discipline! They are forfeiting games, their AD is being forced to retire for more than we all are being led to believe, players are being suspended, and they're not playing well at all on offense, defense, or specials. Coach Rolfes has his hands full for sure. I don't think having the DL kid would've made much of a difference in the score for Page but who knows? I saw that East Forsyth had one of their starting Dlinemen #14 suspended last night too for breaking team rules. Anyways, I always thought there were a lot of problems at Page behind the scenes and that's why Coach G left after he built a Triad State power for little no name Asheboro. People said it was for money but come on you don't leave a State Championship 4aa program you built to go 0-11 and 2k dollars more plus a shorter drive to work. Just my opinion but not that it matters.

Looks like not all is well at Page right now. They had their problems we all know about after their loss to Mallard Creek last year. There was zero discipline! They are forfeiting games, their AD is being forced to retire for more than we all are being led to believe, players are being suspended, and they're not playing well at all on offense, defense, or specials. Coach Rolfes has his hands full for sure. I don't think having the DL kid would've made much of a difference in the score for Page but who knows? I saw that East Forsyth had one of their starting Dlinemen #14 suspended last night too for breaking team rules. Anyways, I always thought there were a lot of problems at Page behind the scenes and that's why Coach G left after he built a Triad State power for little no name Asheboro. People said it was for money but come on you don't leave a State Championship 4aa program you built to go 0-11 and 2k dollars more plus a shorter drive to work. Just my opinion but not that it matters.

Its not all doom and gloom at Page. but you are correct, there have been some bumps in the road and that is why things are getting corrected now. Things will continue to be done the right way. Page has too much history of integrity and honor to be stumbling along like this.

Coach G left because the situation in Asheboro was better for his family, simple as that. It had nothing to do with "stuff behind the scenes", The problems started happening the past season and a half after G left... When G was coach, everything was smooth sailing. Its when after he left when things started diminishing with regards to player discipline and the eligibility issue. Coach G played all his cards right while at the helm. Its been done before, and it can be done again. The current coach does have his hands full, and I think there will be a change at the end of the school year.

East has to be the favorite to take it all in 4A this year. They have the meat and cheese up front, and also the skill guys to do some serious damage. Congrats on the big win tonight.

Already looking forward to next years game. Programs such as yours have too much pride to not want to give that back to us. We know a buzzsaw is coming to Kville next year judging by some kids on your JV too. Heard you all had some studs at RB they gave us fits all night Thursday.

I'll take Vance all day, if they go 4A this year.

Figured as much and I understand until we get it done at East we will continue to be the underdog against anyone named Charlotte "whatever" but I thought we were game against everyone else in Charlotte not named Butler or Creek.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT