CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
East Forsyth’s 3 Games Gauntlet:
6-1 Page
7-0 West Forsyth
7-0 Glenn

All ranked in various polls

Last edited:
The prevailing thought is this next game is probably the toughest of the three. Glenn and West have more glaring weaknesses than Page. We're excited for the opportunity to try and go 3-0.
Won't have an issue getting the kids up. Just hope they have some emotion left by the time we get to the Kville Cup.

As I stated earlier East gotta prevail through gauntlets like these to get to that next level

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
We're playing semantics. How about tough stretch?

I believe utbb is a Carver fan who can claim a "tough stretch/gauntlet" himself lately.

For our friends from Charlotte who think so highly of Forsyth County, congratulations on being masters of the football universe. We're very sorry that our brand of football is so distasteful to you.We'll try and consider our words more carefully going forward....LOL

No wonder everyone outside of Charlotte loves seeing you guys lose.

I believe utbb is a Carver fan who can claim a "tough stretch/gauntlet" himself lately.

For our friends from Charlotte who think so highly of Forsyth County, congratulations on being masters of the football universe. We're very sorry that our brand of football is so distasteful to you.We'll try and consider our words more carefully going forward....LOL

No wonder everyone outside of Charlotte loves seeing you guys lose.
I was being sarcastic knowing you are a Charlotte homer. I'm familiar with U being a Carver follower and obviously understand it would appear more of a gauntlet to Carver than East.

Nevertheless it's still a tough stretch for a young team like ours. I get it the sun rises and sets on Mecklenburg Co. football but we can only play the teams in front of us.

We'll have plenty of time to hear how great and dominant Mecklenburg Co. football is and how blessed everyone is to have witnessed it.

In the meantime before we can look anywhere near playoffs we have business to tend too. Don't know why the statement about wanting to see us lose. We were minding our business over here.

Until we get it done no sense in talking to you all. I understand that Blue and Gold.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I was being sarcastic knowing you are a Charlotte homer. I'm familiar with U being a Carver follower and obviously understand it would appear more of a gauntlet to Carver than East.

Nevertheless it's still a tough stretch for a young team like ours. I get it the sun rises and sets on Mecklenburg Co. football but we can only play the teams in front of us.

We'll have plenty of time to hear how great and dominant Mecklenburg Co. football is and how blessed everyone is to have witnessed it.

In the meantime before we can look anywhere near playoffs we have business to tend too. Don't know why the statement about wanting to see us lose. We were minding our business over here.

Until we get it done no sense in talking to you all. I understand that Blue and Gold.

Relax ladies. Not laughing at the teams, laughing at the poster. Year after year... Mr. Hype. Three solid teams in a row. Gauntlet?? I'm not quite sure about that . 4 schools one title in 20+ years. Solid programs?? 3 of them for sure. Not sure I would include Glenn as one yet.

Clearly you missed the sarcasm directed at the charlotte homers. I'll be clearer. Good luck to the eagles on the tough stretch coming up.

My mistake thought you were one also. Like I said I'm a EF slash Forsyth Co. homer and admittedly it has grown somewhat frustrating with the championship drought.

Ironically the last couple titles we've even sniffed are the 2 schools everyone likes to dump on ( Carver, Parkland) although you could make a case Parkland is somewhat viable again.

Not enough of a homer to not understand although EF is close to getting over the hump until we do we gotta eat the crap on these message boards.

EF is relatively young although I believe if the offense has come around at least marginally to go with their defense these 3 weeks could be interesting.

I'm more concerned about Page and do believe if we get the win Friday the momentum will carry to West. Until Glenn comes for the Kville Cup we can't respect them.

Blue and Gold what team do you run with? I've seen you on other post but thought you were a part of the Mecklenburg Co. crew.

All of you N.Davidson posters I bet you're finding less chatter on 2A than previous years.

It's good to be back at East after trying to get that same thing going on message boards with Carver in 2A.

The only time we had somewhat of a thread is when we played W Stokes, N Surry and the playoffs against Shelby that was one sided.

Some of these teams don't have any posters and that can make for a boring week.

It's good to be back talking football consistently week to week.

Can any of you N Davidson folks explain why they just wouldn't keep N Davidson the larger school since its already established in community, historic and respected in the area. Seems to me the new school should've had to do most of the adjusting. I agree it's strange without ND and your rabid fan base in 4A country.

My mistake thought you were one also. Like I said I'm a EF slash Forsyth Co. homer and admittedly it has grown somewhat frustrating with the championship drought.

Ironically the last couple titles we've even sniffed are the 2 schools everyone likes to dump on ( Carver, Parkland) although you could make a case Parkland is somewhat viable again.

Not enough of a homer to not understand although EF is close to getting over the hump until we do we gotta eat the crap on these message boards.

EF is relatively young although I believe if the offense has come around at least marginally to go with their defense these 3 weeks could be interesting.

I'm more concerned about Page and do believe if we get the win Friday the momentum will carry to West. Until Glenn comes for the Kville Cup we can't respect them.

Blue and Gold what team do you run with? I've seen you on other post but thought you were a part of the Mecklenburg Co. crew.

I am a Mallard Creek fan but watch football all over the state. Have been to Clemmons and Kvegas many times

"EF is relatively young although I believe if the offense has come around at least marginally to go with their defense these 3 weeks could be interesting"

Harding has 10 seniors and a roster of 33 players. That's beyond young.

I am a Mallard Creek fan but watch football all over the state. Have been to Clemmons and Kvegas many times
I have a friend I grew up with on Creeks staff. Coach Delano Barnes. Get grief all the time from him. Never would have guessed you as a Creek dude. Seem more modest than most Charlotte posters but I guess I'd beat my chest too if we won states just about every year.

Like I stated for EF to be mentioned with the storied programs of this state we need to go 3-0 in stretches like this and then close the deal come playoff time.

EF is close but until its done we know what they say about close......homer but a realist though.

"EF is relatively young although I believe if the offense has come around at least marginally to go with their defense these 3 weeks could be interesting"

Harding has 10 seniors and a roster of 33 players. That's beyond young.
Agreed. Out of 60 + EF has 24 seniors with only 2 starting on defense. I guess the question too should be contributing because you can have a bunch of seniors and only few contributing and on paper seems like major losses but if only a handful played not so much.

About like EF a little less than half the team are seniors but more underclassmen seem to be contributors.

Agreed. Out of 60 + EF has 24 seniors with only 2 starting on defense. I guess the question too should be contributing because you can have a bunch of seniors and only few contributing and on paper seems like major losses but if only a handful played not so much.

About like EF a little less than half the team are seniors but more underclassmen seem to be contributors.

EF had some studs with the program against MC couple of years back. How are those guys doing in college?

I have a friend I grew up with on Creeks staff. Coach Delano Barnes. Get grief all the time from him. Never would have guessed you as a Creek dude. Seem more modest than most Charlotte posters but I guess I'd beat my chest too if we won states just about every year.

Like I stated for EF to be mentioned with the storied programs of this state we need to go 3-0 in stretches like this and then close the deal come playoff time.

EF is close but until its done we know what they say about close......homer but a realist though.

Del is a great coach and a high energy dude. I think I would have liked playing for him.

With regards to modesty I have little to beat my chest about. I havent tackled or blocked anyone in 30 years. Just a fan ....

If EF wants on the MT. Rushmore they need to do two things. Win a ring and stay competitive year in and year out for a 5-7 year stretch. When I say competitive I mean 3rd rd or better. Cant have losses to teams like Providence in 2014.

I thought the 2012 EF team was great defensively but limited on offense
2015 was great on offense but defense was soft. Wasnt a huge fan of 2016 team. Not on level of those other two.

I think in 9 out of 10 years to come out of the West in 4a or 4aa you have to have the whole package.

EF had some studs with the program against MC couple of years back. How are those guys doing in college?
The receiver that scored on kickoff is at NCCU. The DB Cone red shirt at Wisconsin, RB red shirt at Wake off the top of my head.

Reactions: nepsy7
Del is a great coach and a high energy dude. I think I would have liked playing for him.

With regards to modesty I have little to beat my chest about. I havent tackled or blocked anyone in 30 years. Just a fan ....

If EF wants on the MT. Rushmore they need to do two things. Win a ring and stay competitive year in and year out for a 5-7 year stretch. When I say competitive I mean 3rd rd or better. Cant have losses to teams like Providence in 2014.

I thought the 2012 EF team was great defensively but limited on offense
2015 was great on offense but defense was soft. Wasnt a huge fan of 2016 team. Not on level of those other two.

I think in 9 out of 10 years to come out of the West in 4a or 4aa you have to have the whole package.
Agreed. We do anything offensively in 12 we're probably wearing a ring. A couple years ago we should've closed the deal on you guys and there was no excuse for not doing it.

I agree you can't lose to Providence, have a 28 point lead on Independence and lose and expect to be mentioned in anything.

I can make a case we should've beaten Catholic last year. They're always well coached and never stray from what they do. I thought we played into their hands some.

I believe we have another window opening now until the next 4 years at least. I agree we must sustain this success over a period of time.

All of you N.Davidson posters I bet you're finding less chatter on 2A than previous years.

It's good to be back at East after trying to get that same thing going on message boards with Carver in 2A.

The only time we had somewhat of a thread is when we played W Stokes, N Surry and the playoffs against Shelby that was one sided.

Some of these teams don't have any posters and that can make for a boring week.

It's good to be back talking football consistently week to week.

Can any of you N Davidson folks explain why they just wouldn't keep N Davidson the larger school since its already established in community, historic and respected in the area. Seems to me the new school should've had to do most of the adjusting. I agree it's strange without ND and your rabid fan base in 4A country.

North Davidson had no choice. The NCHSAA does enrollment checks every four years and we were projected to be 2A in 2-3 years so they just went ahead and sent us down. It would have made more sense to be 3A for two years, then 2A after that. But that's not how the governing body works...

North Davidson had no choice. The NCHSAA does enrollment checks every four years and we were projected to be 2A in 2-3 years so they just went ahead and sent us down. It would have made more sense to be 3A for two years, then 2A after that. But that's not how the governing body works...[/QUOTE
Ok. Thanks. Everyone suffers losing N Davidson as a 4 or at least 3A program. Passionate fan base.

I understand this is a football site but we have so many N Davidson posters on here and I believe we'd be remiss if we didn't pay respects to Coach Lambros who fought pancreatic cancer valiantly and with dignity and respect. It was apparent through all the articles he was a pillar of the Davidson Co. community. Condolences to his family, N Davidson High family and whoever else was touched by him.

First half I was wondering how did East lose to Tabor? Going by the second half I can see how. East Offense isn't that good. It's honestly the same problems I've seen from East for the past couple years, but it's been offset by Beal. Now that he's gone, it's like they don't have (or use) any weapons. I truly believe that if you want to be great in high school football you need a dual threat QB. I'm not saying he needs to run every play, but you need to be able to create with your legs. It's what Page did tonight and it's how they outplayed East.

The defense is good. There were some blown coverage at critical parts of the game, but overall they look pretty solid. What I'm worried about (and it seems to happen every time I watch East play. They need to work on their discipline. One of the DB's I believe got a critical unsportsmanlike penalty close to the end of the game and the coach chewed his a** out. Mistakes like that you have to avoid.

I see potential in EF, but they really need to work on that offense. Also, before I get off my soapbox, I really hate the way they check/change plays during the game. It doesn't seem effective.

Fairly even played game. I don't know that East was out played but Forsyth I do agree about the duel threat qb.

East has two coming up but aren't ready yet.

East defense grew tired from playing so many snaps which is why I don't agree they were out played.

Forsyth you're also correct that the offense is still a work in progress but is more an indication of youth and granted some execution. They'll be okay.

Page had alot of miscues early but finally got things going. The defense kept getting stops and the offense started wearing out EF in the 2nd half. Big hats off to both kickers for making late game kicks, that last drive and kick for the Pirates was huge, Murray is a weapon!
It seems like Page cleaned up the boneheaded penalties that had been a problem in earlier games this year, as well.

Great game! East Defense was exhausted at the end of the game. The final drive their Dline didn't even rush the QB which is crazy. You have to try and fight through the fatigue but The DL just stood their and watched the QB. East should have sub some fresh DL to put pressure on the QB cause Page wasn't running at that point. Too much time to throw after he struggled all night when anyone was in his face. Gave him time to throw and he found WR's 30 yards down field.

Page 115 yards rushing on 39 total carries
QB Paige
10-for-26 passing 96 yards 1 td 3 int
13 carries 37 yards 1 td

EF minus-23 yards on 22 total carries
QB Bullins
8-for-13 passing 76 yards 1 td
5 carries minus-43 yards

Neither teams stats were all that great, but i do think they show how Page's defense is on another level this year.
They only gave up 1 touchdown in this game. EF scored on a safety and a pick 6, which i think were more of Page making mistakes, especially Paige's INTs (they were literally gift wrapped). The eagles' only points in the 2nd half came on a short FG. After Page went up 17-16, EF had a 60 yard kick off return, Page's defense would end up making another set of big stops and forced a FG, which opened the window for a game winning drive.
Page and Paige went on to drive 80 yards with 1:19 left to go up. Paige made some big plays with his arm and legs late, the 2 biggest being a 11 yard pass on 4th and 3 & after that the 35 yard pass that set up the game winning FG. If you're wondering... it was Page's kicker Murray, who saved the touchdown and tackled EFs kick off returner. big big plays from the young man last night.

Last edited:
Fairly even played game. I don't know that East was out played but Forsyth I do agree about the duel threat qb.

East has two coming up but aren't ready yet.

East defense grew tired from playing so many snaps which is why I don't agree they were out played.

Forsyth you're also correct that the offense is still a work in progress but is more an indication of youth and granted some execution. They'll be okay.

East was outplayed.. Page's defense for the most part out matched EF and the offense started grinding down East with physical play.
Page's offense is young too.. Rofles didn't have the luxury to give Soph. QB Paige time to develop on JVs. Was he ready this year? Probably not, just like the two players you say EF has coming up. But he's growing up fast and i think is already ahead of the curve when it comes to underclassman QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT