ADVERTISEMENT

East Duplin football an the truth !!!!!!

thelastninja

Jun 8, 2012
What a season ... look who we beat ... look at how much we beatem by !!!!!!! How many times have we heard this ???:i mean it in no disrespect ..... i could only imagine being a east duplin fan ..... you guys have truly one play from winning 4 or 5 state titles !!! I am pulling for you guys an hope this is the year .... you guys beat Jacksonville an Jacksonville is a very good 3aa team an alot of people don't know that as well as wallace who beat havelock .... amazing .....good luck an go panthers yall will beat Goldsboro 28 or more ..... i just ask one favor will all you panthet fans name your top 5 panthers teams worse to first an why including this season .... I say your best team was 2002 that team would have won state easily

Last edited:
theres no way to know who would beat who, but i feel this team has overall the most depth and athleticism. whether we finally get over the hump or not remains to be seen.

Once again East duplin playing with a lot of heart and that's going to get them far in the state playoffs once again with also the senior leadership who was it bad enough I am very proud of my PANTHERs the coaches and the fans who support them this has been a fun year too bad it's going by so fast

Reactions: 96panther
Once again East duplin playing with a lot of heart and that's going to get them far in the state playoffs once again with also the senior leadership who was it bad enough I am very proud of my PANTHERs the coaches and the fans who support them this has been a fun year too bad it's going by so fast
i agree im proud of them "so far", but there's a whole lot of football left to play and anybody can lose on any given night. one game at a time.

Depending on seeding, they'll probably only have one tough game in the eastern playoffs if any.

I like ED and Northeastern in the east. I thought ED was the 2nd best team in the east last year or at least tied with the best(Northside Jax).

Depending on seeding, they'll probably only have one tough game in the eastern playoffs if any.

I like ED and Northeastern in the east. I thought ED was the 2nd best team in the east last year or at least tied with the best(Northside Jax).
we ED fans have had our hopes for a state title crushed way too many times to take anything for granted. we'll just take it one game at a time and see what happens. hopefully we can bring home a title this year. fingers crossed.

Reactions: Chopper747
Reidsville and Cummings would have been too much to handle that year too they won small 2A too much athleticism for a eastern team back then too handle would have been embarrassing

Reidsville and Cummings would have been too much to handle that year too they won small 2A too much athleticism for a eastern team back then too handle would have been embarrassing
i dont know about that. Clinton had their way with some of those "athletic" western 2A teams on more than one occasion, so there have been several eastern teams that could hold their own.

What a season ... look who we beat ... look at how much we beatem by !!!!!!! How many times have we heard this ???:i mean it in no disrespect ..... i could only imagine being a east duplin fan ..... you guys have truly one play from winning 4 or 5 state titles !!! I am pulling for you guys an hope this is the year .... you guys beat Jacksonville an Jacksonville is a very good 3aa team an alot of people don't know that as well as wallace who beat havelock .... amazing .....good luck an go panthers yall will beat Goldsboro 28 or more ..... i just ask one favor will all you panthet fans name your top 5 panthers teams worse to first an why including this season .... I say your best team was 2002 that team would have won state easily
ninja, are you little bitter now that your Stallions have fell so far since Padgette left?

i dont know about that. Clinton had their way with some of those "athletic" western 2A teams on more than one occasion, so there have been several eastern teams that could hold their own.

The west has 4 times as many titles as the east in this century so those occasions are extremely rare.

1997 was the best. Only fast Willie Parker kept us from winning state.
i respectfully disagree with you there. its too early to tell, but so far, judging by the eye test, i think this team has more overall team speed, depth, and talent. just my opinion, but thats how i see it "so far". we may not have a vishon kenion, but we have more team speed than we've ever had.

96panthers not bitter about Padgett leaving more bitter how many kids from Southwest that play for other schools bro

2002 Burlington cummings won a state title an was better in 2003 ... 2003 southwest beat burlington ..... 2002 southwest was 10 -0 an lost to east duplin 47 -0 ... east duplin could have won a title in 2002

we ED fans have had our hopes for a state title crushed way too many times to take anything for granted. we'll just take it one game at a time and see what happens. hopefully we can bring home a title this year. fingers crossed.
Same with Northeastern

Nobody had a chance of beating Reidsville in 2002 except Cummings simple. But as far as Clinton goes the only time Reidsville played them was in the playoffs and they beat a Willie Parker led Clinton team and that was a below average Reidsville team.

ED has a great chance of winning the 2aa championship because of senior led Battle Holley team. If Shelby goes 2aa,ED won't win it. Neither will my Bulldogs if Shelby goes 2a. Just saying.

ED has a great chance of winning the 2aa championship because of senior led Battle Holley team. If Shelby goes 2aa,ED won't win it. Neither will my Bulldogs if Shelby goes 2a. Just saying.

South Point will win 2AA most likely

Eastern finals game I think will be ED vs ND

In 2002 Clinton gave Cummings that game....went for it on a 4th and short on wrong side of the 50 due to defense getting tired and punting into a strong wind....all QB had to do was run the sneak as normal but tried to be a hero and bounce it outside got stopped that play changed the game 24-21 was the final score......and the guy bragging about Reidsville winning that playoff game 9 times out of 10 1998 Clinton wins that game but unfortunately like last year luck wasnt on our side....please dont act like it was a blow out

Reactions: Hoarses1
It was one of yalls best team against a average to below average Reidsville team. If we played Clinton right now or anytime in the 2000s we would win simple.

It was one of yalls best team against a average to below average Reidsville team. If we played Clinton right now or anytime in the 2000s we would win simple.

Yeah ok keep telling yourself that.....if you seriously think you would just walk over some of those teams from 90’s or early 2000’s you really showing how much you dont know.....2001 with Herbert Dixon lol yeah right

speak for yourself. if i recall correctly, we beat your wrh team a lot worse than the scoreboard would suggest.

Yeah ok keep telling yourself that.....if you seriously think you would just walk over some of those teams from 90’s or early 2000’s you really showing how much you dont know.....2001 with Herbert Dixon lol yeah right
You can believe what you want but its the truth but enjoy yalls 6 loss season this year.

2002 Burlington cummings won a state title an was better in 2003 ... 2003 southwest beat burlington ..... 2002 southwest was 10 -0 an lost to east duplin 47 -0 ... east duplin could have won a title in 2002
They lost to Clinton 35-0 in the playoffs that year. Come on man!

In 2002 Clinton gave Cummings that game....went for it on a 4th and short on wrong side of the 50 due to defense getting tired and punting into a strong wind....all QB had to do was run the sneak as normal but tried to be a hero and bounce it outside got stopped that play changed the game 24-21 was the final score......and the guy bragging about Reidsville winning that playoff game 9 times out of 10 1998 Clinton wins that game but unfortunately like last year luck wasnt on our side....please dont act like it was a blow out
Not with the defensive gameplan Clinton had that night.

Yeah its a shame we dont play in that cupcake conference we actually have competition in the ECC

The 1987 team was what i feel a beginning to East Duplin's prowess as a football program, that team had a bad loss the last game of the regular season to James Kenan and hosted Whiteville in a 3rd round game with Chester McGlockton leading the wolfpack, but 11-2 and pretty dominant all season. the next one had to be 1997 and a team that had 2-1000 yard rushers, a shrine bowl kicker in Shon Rowser, and Vishone Kennion who scored 49 touchdowns to go with 2200 yards rushing for a team that scored 579 points in the regular season, Willie Parker ended our season in the eastern finals for our only loss of the year and 14-1 record. 2001 was a juggernaut team that went 12-3 upset defending state champ SWO in the regular season finale and made it to the Eastern finals to lose to Clinton again. 2002 was maybe the strongest defensive unit ever for ED, they gave up an average of 6 points per game and were 13-0 heading in to round three of the playoffs where they fell to Clinton. The fifth team may come down to this year's team and the 2009 team that probably should not have lost to Kinston in round 2.

Clinton and SWO were regularly winning titles then, and ED got plenty of regular season wins on those teams, and there were plenty of athletes on those teams you heard about on Saturday and Sunday once they left HS. Could not tell you if they would beat those teams that year, but it was not because of those teams showing something ED had not seen before

Clinton and SWO were regularly winning titles then, and ED got plenty of regular season wins on those teams, and there were plenty of athletes on those teams you heard about on Saturday and Sunday once they left HS. Could not tell you if they would beat those teams that year, but it was not because of those teams showing something ED had not seen before
i know right. those late 90's early 2000's Clinton and SWO teams regularly beat teams from the West

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT