ADVERTISEMENT

2A East Davidson vs West Davidson

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
I wanted to invite you guys to the game at East on Friday night. Friday night is going to be a special night as they are going to retire Justin Strickland's jersey. Justin was a great player at East and he continued his great play at DCCC. I remember when my son was younger years ago I use to take him to watch the Eagles play at the Holiday Tournament every year at Ledford. He was probably one of the best, if not the best player in this area when he played. They plan on retiring his jersey between the girls and boys varsity games. I think it is safe to say that the gym will be packed on Friday night.

I wanted to invite you guys to the game at East on Friday night. Friday night is going to be a special night as they are going to retire Justin Strickland's jersey. Justin was a great player at East and he continued his great play at DCCC. I remember when my son was younger years ago I use to take him to watch the Eagles play at the Holiday Tournament every year at Ledford. He was probably one of the best, if not the best player in this area when he played. They plan on retiring his jersey between the girls and boys varsity games. I think it is safe to say that the gym will be packed on Friday night.
Is that Larry’s son?

OC, I'm not sure. Are you going to make the game on Friday evening?
Afraid I’m in Texas. Barely made it out of Greensboro early this morning.
I beleve that Larry is his dad. Played a lot of softball and basketball with and against him back in the day. Hope it goes well.

Afraid I’m in Texas. Barely made it out of Greensboro early this morning.
I beleve that Larry is his dad. Played a lot of softball and basketball with and against him back in the day. Hope it goes well.

My dad played softball many years ago with Larry Strickland when we went to Hillside Park Baptist Church. Larry and Justin are class acts. They always think of others before themselves. Looking forward to a good time Friday night.

My dad played softball many years ago with Larry Strickland when we went to Hillside Park Baptist Church. Larry and Justin are class acts. They always think of others before themselves. Looking forward to a good time Friday night.
I’m sure our paths crossed. Used to be some pretty good church softball in the area.

I’m sure our paths crossed. Used to be some pretty good church softball in the area.

Your not kidding on that one. I really can't believe how much church league softball has went away over the years. Those were some good times. I use to love going to Memorial Park (Cushwa Stadium) with my dad and watching/playing softball. Just as Justin was a phenomenal basketball player, Larry was a phenomenal infielder in softball. If you hit anything Larry's way, you might as well start walking back to the dugout.

Your not kidding on that one. I really can't believe how much church league softball has went away over the years. Those were some good times. I use to love going to Memorial Park (Cushwa Stadium) with my dad and watching/playing softball. Just as Justin was a phenomenal basketball player, Larry was a phenomenal infielder in softball. If you hit anything Larry's way, you might as well start walking back to the dugout.
Larry, Roger Fisher, Allen Ferguson, Billy Freeman. There were a lot of good infielders who played at the Cush.

Larry, Roger Fisher, Allen Ferguson, Billy Freeman. There were a lot of good infielders who played at the Cush.

I remembered when Larry played 2B and Allen Ferguson played SS for Central Wesleyan. Double plays for days. That team was loaded and they put a hurting on us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT