ADVERTISEMENT

2A East Davidson Varsity Girls Coach Steps Down

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
I just saw this article posted on The Dispatch earlier and wanted to share it with everyone. Coach Corry has decided to step down after many seasons as the girl's varsity coach. During his tenure he has had some great teams but this year has been hard due to the loss of so much talent over the last few years. It is very hard to replace a Madi Hallman, Brooke Anders, Bayley Plummer and the long list continues. When you lose that kind of talent it is very hard to recover from. I wish him the best for the future and want to thank him for helping us have to have a successful program.

https://www.the-dispatch.com/sports/20200218/corry-steps-down-from-east-girls-program

Coach Corry is an awesome coach and person and has been a staple for basketball in the area (especially with girls). Despite the record for the past season, the tradition and East Davidson girls program has clout and I imagine the next coach will have success because of the foundation.

Any news/rumors on what direction they are taking?

Coach Corry is an awesome coach and person and has been a staple for basketball in the area (especially with girls). Despite the record for the past season, the tradition and East Davidson girls program has clout and I imagine the next coach will have success because of the foundation.

Any news/rumors on what direction they are taking?

I can't say for sure but I would think his Assistant (Coach Wright) would be the leading candidate. She played at East many years ago with Anna Freeman when they won the state championship. As far as foundation goes, East lost a ton of talent over the last 3-4 years which made this a very tough season. East had some close games this year that could have went in there favor but just couldn't seem to get the "W". I think if they were to hire Coach Wright that she would be able to keep that winning tradition going at East.

West Davidson’s coach is resigning as well. She’s had 3 consecutive win seasons in a program that normally finishes at the bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT