ADVERTISEMENT

East Davidson Football

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
Whether we have football in the fall or spring, I am curious to see how my Golden Eagles will do this year. Last year was a tough year but hopefully they can regroup this season with some of the talent they had on JV that is moving up. I will keep my fingers crossed.

IMO, the problem with having success for all CCC teams will be based on how they figure out a schedule for 7 games. Six teams with winning records return in Oak Grove, Salisbury, North, Ledford, Thomasville and Central. I think those six in whatever order will be the top six again.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Two five team divisions has been proposed by some, with week 7 being a crossover championship week. Not sure what’s going to happen since the state has given no guidance. That being said a decision needs to be made soon.

Reactions: Wow71
Good idea, only problem could be how to split those top teams up. Might have to put them in a bag and draw them out. Put five 1's and five 2's in and draw. Group them and play. Crossover the last few weeks to decide a champion. In the end, someone is going to not like it.

Whether we have football in the fall or spring, I am curious to see how my Golden Eagles will do this year. Last year was a tough year but hopefully they can regroup this season with some of the talent they had on JV that is moving up. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Why hasnt the mild success from the JV and Middle School teams carried over? What positions from last years JV will help the varsity?

Why hasnt the mild success from the JV and Middle School teams carried over? What positions from last years JV will help the varsity?

I think one position that will be vastly improved from last year is QB. We have a kid from JV moving up (Isaiah McGuffey) and that kid as speed/an average arm. Very exciting kid to watch on the field. I have never understood where the drop off has been between the Junior Eagles to middle/high school. Every year the junior eagles (Pilot/Brier Creek/Fairgrove) seem to run the tables and win the county championship. There seems to be somewhat of a disconnect somewhere, I just don't know where it lies. I am a firm believer that what ever offense you can run at the junior level should work at the high school level. I have a philosophy from years ago when I coached football. If something is not broke, don't fix it.

Junior eagles run the table and win County every year? I believe Wallburg and Midway have had quite a bit of success In county.

Junior eagles run the table and win County every year? I believe Wallburg and Midway have had quite a bit of success In county.

My point being I don't understand how kids can have success in earlier years and why that doesn't translate over to middle school/high school. If the offense/defense they are running at the county level is successful, why not give it a shot at the middle/high school level.

Good idea, only problem could be how to split those top teams up. Might have to put them in a bag and draw them out. Put five 1's and five 2's in and draw. Group them and play. Crossover the last few weeks to decide a champion. In the end, someone is going to not like it.

Could be split by ADMs or by North/South along the interstt

My point being I don't understand how kids can have success in earlier years and why that doesn't translate over to middle school/high school. If the offense/defense they are running at the county level is successful, why not give it a shot at the middle/high school level.

Early success doesn’t always translate to HS success. Some kids may transfer to other schools (as we see in Davidson County). With that being said one kid can make a big difference. Take the RB at OG and put him back at ED. OG would not be as good and ED would be better. Some kids and parents unfortunately choose to specialize. Some kids tap out talent level early and don’t get better. Some kids don’t have work ethic to get better. Sometimes it’s coaching as well.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
East has always had a large roster with big lineman. East and West Davidson are almost mirrors of one another. Problem they have is athletically, running a spread isn't much of a threat for the top teams to stop most seasons. I would like to see them run a smash mouth offense, but they would have to step up the defensive effort big time to stay in games. High school coaching compared to little league is a whole different world. Not knocking those folks that coach, but it isn't the same. Hard to run a gimmick offense on high school and be effective with it without a great defense on the other side.

As for JV ball, many coaches don't focus on JV practice and execution like they should. They rob the JV of talent and move kids up to play or backup on Fridays. Big transition from Thursday night 10 minute quarters to Varsity competition, speed, size and strength. The more consistent winning teams in the CCC have solid JV teams that move up together mostly and are used to playing with each other.

Scheduling is a huge question mark and if split based on ADM in the CCC it would likely look like this.
1- LHS, OG, ND, SR, CD.
2- THS, ED, Salisbury, WD and Lexington.

• Love
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Could part of the disconnect stem from the lack of support at the high school level? ED seems to accept being bad in sports all around. Why are kids leaving? Why constant administration and coaching turnover?

ED has lost some enrollment and good coaches recently. Not sure as to why this is taking place.

Could part of the disconnect stem from the lack of support at the high school level? ED seems to accept being bad in sports all around. Why are kids leaving? Why constant administration and coaching turnover?

I could tell you why the RB from Oak Grove is not playing at East but this is not the place or the forum to do it in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT