ADVERTISEMENT

Early predictions for title games

Here are mine let’s see who is right at the end of the year
2A Reidsville vs Clinton
2AA Shelby vs North Davidson

Im not mad you picked us bud...but you must know something i dont lol.....i think we will be good not ready to say title run good....new coaching staff new offense new defense and a tough conferce/non conference schedule....i would give the edge to teams like Northeastern or Wallace in 2A east off the bat

So were Shelby and south point last year!! Should at least be able to win enough games for home seeding for playoffs, but I think injuries will be key this year.
Offensively, we might be deeper then we were last year... Defensively will be weaker then last year.... Need some players to fill gaps created by graduation

Reactions: BL1 and beamer24
I think Reidsville has a good chance to go back, if QB can step up. It would be hard for me to not see WRH make another deep run. Not sure how many players they return.

Reactions: Rammer16
I’m with FBCapitolofNC. It’s all about the QB play and most importantly, special teams. We’ve lost a lot of key skill players but we keep reloading. I see Canada having one hell of a year!!

Reactions: Rammer16
I think Reidsville has a good chance to go back, if QB can step up. It would be hard for me to not see WRH make another deep run. Not sure how many players they return.

How are we looking? Any transfer or anything. Just looking for any news

Northeastern fan here, the Eagles suffered a huge loss with the recent transfer of 4☆ all everything JR Walker to Clayton. We still have 4☆ Traveon Freshwater so there's always a chance, but the road to a c'ship will be a lot harder. I will go with WRH in the East. They have proven their selves time and time again.

Reactions: dogs79
How are we looking? Any transfer or anything. Just looking for any news
Losing Titus is big. We lost several o line but quality guys coming back. Canada would lead the state in any classification in rushing of Coach Teague chose to run that type of offense. HesH every bit as good as any back I've seen. Hes coming in at 190 and benching 305. HesH an absolute stud

Northeastern fan here, the Eagles suffered a huge loss with the recent transfer of 4☆ all everything JR Walker to Clayton. We still have 4☆ Traveon Freshwater so there's always a chance, but the road to a c'ship will be a lot harder. I will go with WRH in the East. They have proven their selves time and time again.
Was unaware that Walker transferred. Big schools knew where he was. Just out of curiosity any idea on why he transferred? Big loss for NE

Was unaware that Walker transferred. Big schools knew where he was. Just out of curiosity any idea on why he transferred? Big loss for NE

From what I was told his father took a coaching job at Clayton High School. That being said, his mother still lives in Elizabeth City. There may be more to the story, but regardless Clayton just received an elite player.

From what I was told his father took a coaching job at Clayton High School. That being said, his mother still lives in Elizabeth City. There may be more to the story, but regardless Clayton just received an elite player.
Very true he’s a player you don’t replace easily. That definitely changes the outlook for the East. He’s the difference in 3rd/4th round and a State Championship.

Reactions: daagoob
Im not mad you picked us bud...but you must know something i dont lol.....i think we will be good not ready to say title run good....new coaching staff new offense new defense and a tough conferce/non conference schedule....i would give the edge to teams like Northeastern or Wallace in 2A east off the bat
Past two DarkHorse JV teams has won conference championship

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Past two DarkHorse JV teams has won conference championship

I know but JV success or lack their of does not always translate to varsity kids move away,kids stop playing,some become enligible some reach their peak,alot of factors.....i believe we will be good better than last year but ill hold off predicting a state title trip until the games actually start alot of changes going on in the program we will be good but im not booking a room in Chapel Hill for December in June

Either Shelby , Reidsville, Hibriten or S Point will probably represent the West. Not sure about the East yet.

Reactions: BL1
I know but JV success or lack their of does not always translate to varsity kids move away,kids stop playing,some become enligible some reach their peak,alot of factors.....i believe we will be good better than last year but ill hold off predicting a state title trip until the games actually start alot of changes going on in the program we will be good but im not booking a room in Chapel Hill for December in June

you are right about using JV success to gauge how the varsity will do in the upcoming season. WRH hasn't had a great jv team in years, only slightly above average.

Hitman,, i know shelby defensively will be stout as usual, how is shelby replacing brooks and qb? I heard last year leading into hibriten game that back up qb was very good

Hitman,, i know shelby defensively will be stout as usual, how is shelby replacing brooks and qb? I heard last year leading into hibriten game that back up qb was very good
BL1, I think the JV QB coming in can be really good if he gets adequate protection. He's 6'4, enough speed to get out of bounds, big arm, good accuracy, and gets rid of the ball pretty quick from what I have seen on film. As for replacing Brooks, we don't have anyone with that much talent. He played as a freshman. I would say though as a whole we are probably deeper at that position than we were last year. If the offensive line steps up, I think the offense will be better than it was last year. We still have some question marks at some key positions. Defense will probably carry the team early. Loosing Dax will be big, but there is still 3 or 4 college level kids still on defense.

Reactions: BL1
Who? Canada, barber, Lawson, Rankin, Reynolds, graves? I might be missing some
Well, you only left out the player who might just become the most highly recruited Ram in many years - name of Breon Pass. Only a rising sophomore but he is already on the recruiting board of several Div I schools.

Also the QB will be another undergrad Pinnix and some think he will be a great one before he is through. And I am hearing good things about Isaiah (spelling is wrong I know) Robinson's son.

The transfer from GW Danville practiced the first week but don't think he has been sighted since. Would be the fastest player on the team.

If Northeastern had not lost Walker they would be the odds on favorite in the East. Every college you can think of is after him.

I look for Hibriten, North Davidson, South Point, and Reidsville to be favorites to make it to Chapel Hill. Not sure about Shelby but they are always in the mix. WRH might have lost too many seniors last year to repeat but that is a great program so they can never be counted out.

Not to start another argument, but it makes no sense for N. Davidson to be playing 2AA.

Last edited:
Well, you only left out the player who might just become the most highly recruited Ram in many years - name of Breon Pass. Only a rising sophomore but he is already on the recruiting board of several Div I schools.

Also the QB will be another undergrad Pinnix and some think he will be a great one before he is through. And I am hearing good things about Isaiah (spelling is wrong I know) Robinson's son.

The transfer from GW Danville practiced the first week but don't think he has been sighted since. Would be the fastest player on the team.

If Northeastern had not lost Walker they would be the odds on favorite in the East. Every college you can think of is after him.

I look for Hibriten, North Davidson, South Point, and Reidsville to be favorites to make it to Chapel Hill. Not sure about Shelby but they are always in the mix. WRH might have lost too many seniors last year to repeat but that is a great program so they can never be counted out.

Not to start another argument, but it makes no sense for N. Davidson to be playing 2AA.
He was talking about the seniors on the team. I know about pass, but we will need others to step up at Wr.

Shelby always in the mix? Lol Mule we won 4 of the last 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT