ADVERTISEMENT

Early CPC thoughts and predictions

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
This could be tough Conference.

In no order

West Forsyth- in most years their always the programs that favored to win the Conference.

East Forsyth- they were very young In the Spring. They should be loaded this fall.

Reagan- don't know what they have returning.

Reynolds- don't know what they have returning.

Davie County- they have Tate Carney and some starters returning. Davie will be solid as always.

Glenn- they have their starting QB and alot of starters coming back.

MT Tabor- they won the 3AA State Title. They will moved back to 4A. They always have a good football tradition. They lost alot of their starters from the Spring. What will they have returning for the fall. And what do they have coming up from the JV team?

Parkland- what will they have returning?

Here are my thoughts about the upcoming CPC year.

It's hard for me not to have Mount Tabor as the early favorite, they return a lot of key pieces from their 3AA state title team and could be even better this fall, but West and East will be exceptionally good as well. It's not far-fetched to have a three or even four-way tie atop the standings come late October.

I hate to even try to predict the standings because if anything, the CPC has proven to be quite unpredictable over the past 36 years. Just when you feel safe picking Mount Tabor on top, Glenn or Davie will shock you and make you look like a fool. With that said, here goes my thoughts.

1. Mount Tabor
2. East Forsyth
3. West Forsyth
4. Davie County
5. Reagan
6. Glenn
7. R.J. Reynolds
8. Parkland

You could probably switch 4-7 around in any order and be right. I feel this conference is about 7-deep in regards to good, quality teams.

In the State of NC in 4A you only have 4-5 conferences that has depth in 4A. The CPC is one of them the top 4 or 5 teams in the CPS are terrific, even the 5-7 teams will be quality , great coaches and lots of wins the past several years. But your top 3 should be Tabor, East , West with Reagan fighting to get in. Glenn has been strong and continues to get great players and in any other conference they might be fighting for the top spot but just too many good teams same with Davie. RJR is not a bad team just surrounded by really good teams and State contenders. Parkland I have no idea

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT