ADVERTISEMENT

Dumb question but Robbinsville Alleghany game won't be on radio correct?

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
I'm trying to talk myself into making the long trip but I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to get off work in time, and I dang sure aren't going all that way to watch just the 2nd half.

I

Robbinsville doesn't allow live broadcasts in the regular season. In the playoffs they have to allow them. Murphy station was there broadcasting last week. Whether or not any station picks the game up is a different question.

Does anyone know why they don't allow live broadcast from their place?

There is no livestream video allowed in the playoffs period. The NCHSAA owns the rights to that. Time Warner Cable will broadcast 4A games in Charlotte or Raleigh because they are a "partner".

You can broadcast radio live during the playoffs. I read on here that Robbinsville didn't let anyone broadcast during the regular season which is totally up to the them.

Originally posted by Deana_King:
There is no livestream video allowed in the playoffs period. The NCHSAA owns the rights to that. Time Warner Cable will broadcast 4A games in Charlotte or Raleigh because they are a "partner".

You can broadcast radio live during the playoffs. I read on here that Robbinsville didn't let anyone broadcast during the regular season which is totally up to the them.
Well Time Warner broadcast the state championship game this year?

Originally posted by Thunder.Head:

Originally posted by Deana_King:

Well Time Warner broadcast the state championship game this year?
In 2012 they streamed the SC games live on the web. I bet they do this year too.

I was in the press box at a game at Allegheny in 2011 (helped keep stats for S Stokes that year) and they had a radio crew broadcasting the game. Don't know if they still do and if so if they broadcast away games.

Alleghany Community Television broadcasts all home games on local TV. They don't do away games.

Originally posted by OEFVet89:
Alleghany Community Television broadcasts all home games on local TV. They don't do away games.
Must have been the TV crew I saw then. That has to be one of the best views in high school football from the Alleghany press box during the early evening with the sun setting and the mountains in the background.

They definitely knew what they were doing when they decided on that spot. I love it!

You will regret not coming if you guys win, KW.

Start getting sick about lunch time and leave work. Start getting better on the trip to Robbinsville. Problem solved.

Saw this posted on the WKRK Facebook:

'We will be posting live updates throughout the game this Friday on our Scoreboard Page, but will not have a live broadcast on our station. You can listen to the game on 102.7 FM in Murphy or 95.9 FM in Robbinsville. To answer your other question, some schools feel that radio broadcasts hurt ticket sales and choose to block live coverage. Playoff games rights belong to NCHSAA instead of local school. I hope that makes sense. Have a great day.'

That radio station doesn't stream online so I guess alleghany fans r just Sol if they cant make it?

That is so weird BK. The radio station in Plymouth is also 95.9 FM. Could it be fate? lol
laugh.r191677.gif
Good luck to you guys Friday night. Hopefully it will stay dry long enough for your game to get in without playing in the mud.

Hey, that is weird. I think we will be dry for the most part friday. Good luck to you friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT