ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley AT Richmond

Like studds attitude. Probably one of the more positive posters here. Good luck rest of the way till November.

Weak? I would agree we are top heavy but weak? Scotland, Richmond,Pinecrest all ranked teams. Swett has a winning record. Lumberton is not to bad and hoke is getting better. I would agree that we are a bit overrated as a conf but weak is just a wrong way to put it. The sec is weak by no means.

Hoke, Swett, & Lumberton are weak. No way to spin it. Pinecrest plays absolutely no one during non-conference games & thus has NO chance against Scotland and Richmond. My point was Richmond has an easy schedule until Scotland. My point is also that Richmond just isn't very impressive.

Dudley is consistently a good team. I wish they could play in the 4AA bracket. I would love to see them play Butler or Mallard Creek.

From the moment they grabbed that on-side kick at the beginning, Dudley was in full control.

The Raiders couldn't do a thing with Dudley. Dudley flat wore them out in the trenches. Their overall blocking was superb. Ezra Perkins had an outstanding game (both running and blocking). Thomas Young had a great game on offense. Scary thing is....the Panthers rarely used Crossen on offense tonight.

First time seeing Richmond tonight. A little smaller that I thought they'd be. They've got some speed and some nice weapons though. Leon Ziegler and Dante Miller are athletic as all get out. Miller's kickoff return was awesome.

As awesome as Dudley played tonight, I also think that Richmond screwed the pooch a few times.

I do want to say that I enjoyed the stadium and the hospitality of the Raider faithful. Some friendly, down-to-earth folk in Richmond County.

Holy cow are the bugs awful though! The crowd was fighting off bugs all night. It was a relentless attack by bugs, gnats, moths, beetles....you name it. Looked like something out of Revelations.

I look forward to coming back. I just need to carry a can of Raid with me next time.

Reactions: swett2victory
So u can "Raid" the Raiders!?!? Sorry that was bad. Local crowd does do a good job as far as environment goes.

Last edited:
Raiders got behind and down early and stayed that way....still I will stand by our boys and the coaches. There will be nights like these, so you take it with a grain of salt and move on. Open date up next for the coaches to get-it-in gear and get the boys ready for SEC play taken on Hoke, whose up next. Go Raiders!

somebody mentioned something about coaches records...so for what it's worth......

RAIDER COACHING RECORDS
COACH YEARS W L T WIN PCT.
Barnes 8 110 6 0 94.8%
Emory 6 77 7 0 91.7%
Hoggard 9 87 20 1 80.6%
Shuler 6 56 16 0 77.8%
Krall 5 48 12 2 77.4%
Stewart 2 20 6 0 76.9%
Castellano 2 15 5 0 75.0%
Bishop 1 8 3 0 72.7%
Hiatt 4 27 15 1 62.8%
Huss 3 18 12 1 58.1%
TOTALS 43 466 102 5 82.04%

Hoke, Swett, & Lumberton are weak in comparison to Scotland and Richmond.

I'm wondering who's dong is down your throat coach.....is it your coach roommate? You guys are terrible. 27 pts in 10 qtrs. Lol
Go back to Middle Creek.

Raiders simply outmanned and outplayed by Dudley. Usually Richmond can count on better skill guys but Dudley was just as athletic and bigger at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaidersRocks
As an outside observer, I do remember certain posters that berated the previous coach and wanted him fired. This Coach has a lower winning percentage but yet crickets. Are they resigned to the fact now that Richmond is irrelevant or was it a personal agenda?

Just wondering b/c I think Richmond has regressed & like someone said Middle Creek (Castellano's old school) seems to have gotten better. It doesn't matter to me what you guys do, but beating Hoke, Swett, & Lumberton by 40 or 50 the next few weeks doesn't mean anything if it doesn't carry over in your Big games.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an outside observer, I do remember certain posters that berated the previous coach and wanted him fired. This Coach has a lower winning percentage but yet crickets. Are they resigned to the fact now that Richmond is irrelevant or was it a personal agenda?

Just wondering b/c I think Richmond has regressed & like someone said Middle Creek (Castellano's old school) seems to have gotten better. It doesn't matter to me what you guys do, but beating Hoke, Swett, & Lumberton by 40 or 50 the next few weeks doesn't mean anything if it doesn't carry over in your Big games.

Football-Friday this is not the forum to talk about what's going on in Charlotte. Not one statement you made is true, and the race of the shooter is irrelevant. This is what happens when you start passing judgement to soon. Horrible situation in Charlotte.

Lol...great analogy. Sometimes the internet is a scary place.

You can't fix stupid! Comparing a shooting and serious situation to a football game/coaching preference. SMH!

Reactions: nepsy7

Football Friday, this is a HS sports forum, stay on topic!

Now Football-Friday, you know only certain people are allowed to talk about those things. BUT, you are spot-on about your Richmond observations. We going downhill. Of course, saying that to some means you love the ex-coach. What it really means is we like to WIN and this Coach & his cronies ain't going to be able to get it done.

Wasn't it just recently that Richmond lost to Butler by 1 point on the road in a shootout, appears capabilities are there but it was just one of those games....Seems a bad coaching move to start
got things going in the wrong direction and it just pilled on after that

I don't think the on side kick was a bad call if we would have recovered everyone would have loved the play call. Some raider fans need to learn we can't win every game other teams practice all summer and want to win too. Dudley may very well not lose a game this year. Maybe next year we will schedule word of God and Glenn to make sure we win all our non conf games

KIngdiamond....You need to check your head out seriously. Maybe Coach C is not what you want but you should support Richmond team and STAFF completely. Very few teams beat Dudley anywhere.and it is good to see Richmond to play tough teams in regular season. That will help Richmond in long run. I saw Richmond twice last year and several times in the past. Each time I saw you guys in playoff...usually in Triad....Richmond gets blown out but they will see where they need to work at in order to get better. Now past few years, you guys play team from Clt and Dudley in regular season. That will help definitely.

A lot of team and their fans would be thrilled with the season Richmond had in past few years. Now some of you fans want to fire the coach......geez!!!!!

Richmond fans need to get off high horses and realize there are a lot of teams out there are just as good if not better than Richmond. Better coaches, better training, and kids are getting bigger change the landscape of High School football in NC. Richmond has not been in State Championship since 2008 (very unusual year for that conference big time) If I am not mistaken, Richmond only been in State Championship ONCE since 2000. There is no two way about it.....Richmond is a very solid program but not elite like it was before. Be glad you got a pretty good coach and support the team as much as possible. IT IS HIGH SCHOOL.....IT does not run as business like NFL or College!!!

Y'all boys bees ah-getting Richie Rich hyped up about a yet another "let's get the Coach fired" Riot

As soon as the Magic inventory is not accounted for folks out there in the County wants to fire coach, Bugs Bunny, Leghorn and crew

People are foolish...

Geezzzz

Last edited:
KIngdiamond....You need to check your head out seriously. Maybe Coach C is not what you want but you should support Richmond team and STAFF completely. Very few teams beat Dudley anywhere.and it is good to see Richmond to play tough teams in regular season. That will help Richmond in long run. I saw Richmond twice last year and several times in the past. Each time I saw you guys in playoff...usually in Triad....Richmond gets blown out but they will see where they need to work at in order to get better. Now past few years, you guys play team from Clt and Dudley in regular season. That will help definitely.

A lot of team and their fans would be thrilled with the season Richmond had in past few years. Now some of you fans want to fire the coach......geez!!!!!

Richmond fans need to get off high horses and realize there are a lot of teams out there are just as good if not better than Richmond. Better coaches, better training, and kids are getting bigger change the landscape of High School football in NC. Richmond has not been in State Championship since 2008 (very unusual year for that conference big time) If I am not mistaken, Richmond only been in State Championship ONCE since 2000. There is no two way about it.....Richmond is a very solid program but not elite like it was before. Be glad you got a pretty good coach and support the team as much as possible. IT IS HIGH SCHOOL.....IT does not run as business like NFL or College!!!

Awesome post: from beginning to end! I have many friends down in Robeson County, that would LOVE to trade places with RC on a year-to-year bases...and that's just to make the playoffs each season. I support the boys and coaches (staff) and will continue to do so. Go Raiders!

Richie Rich WILL win their next 4 and actually choke on the last 2, but specially the last 1. The Scotties will take care of Bidness

--------------------- BREAK ---------------------

I take that back. Actually Mr. Jmacde99, The 2011 revenge deal is well OVERDID. If Purnell Swett comes out with their quickness on Offense and their toughness on Defense and end up finding the code to their Magical wand, Richie Rich would close their eyes, thinking and whishing this was just an imagination.........Now that would be cool dude

If Purnell Swett beat them I would have such a thrilling evening. Begin by watching this video at the 2:29 timeline. I would lead this role in the Richie Rich parking lot with all my dancing buddies.

Once completed, I would grab Kountlepto from the 50yrd line and say "What's the problem, Come on, lets go get a Hod Dog"
eyes.jpg

Last edited:
Getting back to the tread at hand, I'm new here but I am a Raider fan from the very first game... long ago, and I can tell you that trick plays won't work in a game of this magnitude... not here... a time out before the field goal against Butler might have helped. Lotta kinks got to be worked out for the Raiders. They're not washed up but they got alot of work to do. They have a good team and they play good teams. I've watched them win 7 4a titles but not with trick plays and shenanigans... IT WONT WORK... maybe a litlle magic here and there... lol. yes I'm new on this board... GO RAIDERS...

Ben-Badd,
Sir welcome. I must fill you in very quickly because I don't want you to be with sour grapes and go out in the riot of firing a coach, but the magic company has been bought out by The ButDud Brothers. I'm not exactly sure if the magic Company will come back under a different name.

S2V

Well thank you kindly sir for that welcome and the info...will check around for somethin else then.
Sir,
it says that from your observation they have dressed up their favorite MVP David Copperfield And it has stilll not been enough.

if you could or in fact when it is convenient to you, could you please specify what you are referring to when you say the word tricks - is it a magical move, like a knuckleball, or a chick?

Please break it down for me

Well, I don't recall saying that but, this type of trickery was in reference to the on-side kick to start that game was not wise and there is more but I don't wish to HOG this tread Mr. Swett, so I will save it for another thread... by the way... any kin to pernell, or purnell... or wharever that name is... lol.

True
Team Riot was not too happy about that Trick-Master-Freak Kick deal. That was the beginning of a long evening and tough magicless game.

By chance Ben-Badd are you on or do you associate yourself with Team Riot?

No and no... not familiar... just a high school football fan sir. Gonna be a long two weeks for most in the sec.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT