ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn @ Mitchell

Old Mountaineer

Nov 4, 2018
Bakersville
On another thread everyone is talking about Mitchell @ Mtn Heritage well I'm personally more interested in Mitchell going into that game 5-2 and not 4-3.
So here's Draughn coming to Ledger for the first meeting ever between the two schools a game of importance in a step towards winning the conference and winning the 1A crown in the conference.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I expect a shootout with Mitchell having more guns
Draughn throws the ball 30+ times a game they look identical to Erwin except the qb is a little better, run the sweep and some generic version of the triple option Avery hung with em till the 4th so either Avery ain't half bad or Draughn is overkill we'll find out fri I guess

Draughn throws the ball 30+ times a game they look identical to Erwin except the qb is a little better, run the sweep and some generic version of the triple option Avery hung with em till the 4th so either Avery ain't half bad or Draughn is overkill we'll find out fri I guess
I tried to watch the Avery game but their camera messed up in the first half and some reason no one tried to fix it , you'd think someone would be watching the feed to make sure the camera is working but I kept going to it first to see if problem resolved second to see the score and I could hear the announcer and sounded like Avery actually had a chance to go ahead but threw a 99 yard pick 6 which pretty much did it.

Reactions: Purple1995
Not in MA's league. If we win by 1 I will be happy and if the receivers and secondary are back this week.
I'd be lying if the MA game against Draughn hasn't come to mind a if it shows how much more MA is playing about our whole conference. Just looking at their record I do believe if Mitchell has all their starters back they are the better team. I realize they held Owen to less points but again 3 of Mitchell's starters in the secondary was out and Owen's last couple of scores were against subs so it’s hard to go by that. The Avery game could have been a 6 point game as easy as it was a 20 point game the pick 6 as Avery was about to take the lead in the second half was a big game changer.

Mitchell will win easily. MA jumped on them early and set the tempo. Mitchell will do the same

I think the game will be closer than what most people think. Draughn has some great pieces on both sides of the ball and a lot of speed. The mount airy matchup doesn’t show how good that team is now. Draughn has two really good RBs and their QB just got ranked as the #1 QB in the state for his class. 6’5 kid with a very big arm. Win ,lose, or draw they are all sophomores on offense and will be a problem the next 2 years.

If Mitchell wins and plays their preferable type of game it will maybe low scoring where Mitchell likes to have long drives and take time off the clock.

Reactions: swatz19
If Mitchell wins and plays their preferable type of game it will maybe low scoring where Mitchell likes to have long drives and take time off the clock.
Definitely. If Mitchell does that it’s going to be a long night for Draughn. If Draughn is able to play their game then it might go the other way. Draughn held Owen to 7 points 2 weeks ago and was up 26-0 vs Avery. I think they took their foot off the pedal which let avery back in the game. We saw 3 weeks ago Draughn put up 70 points in the first half on highland tech.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Definitely. If Mitchell does that it’s going to be a long night for Draughn. If Draughn is able to play their game then it might go the other way. Draughn held Owen to 7 points 2 weeks ago and was up 26-0 vs Avery. I think they took their foot off the pedal which let avery back in the game. We saw 3 weeks ago Draughn put up 70 points in the first half on highland tech.
Well I just hope Mitchell has their secondary back Friday or it might go the other way it's why Owen scored what they did, I never did hear why they were out last week. As far as highland tech to be honest I don't read to much in that one way or the other they've lost pretty big to everyone, Burns scored 66 on them in the first half the week after they lost to Watauga.

Well I just hope Mitchell has their secondary back Friday or it might go the other way it's why Owen scored what they did, I never did hear why they were out last week. As far as highland tech to be honest I don't read to much in that one way or the other they've lost pretty big to everyone, Burns scored 66 on them in the first half the week after they lost to Watauga.
Secondary is back, starting rb is back, line is back, we should win by 14+, if not we're in trouble come playoff time

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Secondary is back, starting rb is back, line is back, we should win by 14+, if not we're in trouble come playoff time
Good deal..Didn't know the RB was out they mentioned the secondary guys and a lineman last week on the radio but didn't say anything about a rb, unless he plays in the secondary and I just didn't make the connection.

The Andrews beatdown brought Mitchell back to reality lol. I watch them play watauga really wasn't impress mitchell lacks speed last years team is better. Big mitchell homer told me last night says he is praying Joey doesn't move the freshman quarterback up, telling you guys kid is special, we all know how great trey was this kid will be better.

The Andrews beatdown brought Mitchell back to reality lol. I watch them play watauga really wasn't impress mitchell lacks speed last years team is better. Big mitchell homer told me last night says he is praying Joey doesn't move the freshman quarterback up, telling you guys kid is special, we all know how great trey was this kid will be better.
I appreciate you stirring the pot

Yeah, you've mentioned all of this about 15 times already. Got any new material?

Your little brother just gonna have to wait his turn, Joey ain't moving Gabe

Well Mitchell 62 Draughn 14 now after two weeks of people wanting to talk about Mitchell and Mtn Heritage you've got two weeks to talk about it because I assume the Mtn Heritage folks don't feel the need to talk about Avery next week.

Mitchell is a bit of an enigma to me this year. I still don't understand how Andrews beat you. I know they are solid and it was a long bus ride but the other results of your season all suggest that you are 2 to 3 TD better than them.

Andrews is a pretty good team. They won the line of scrimmage easily, but Mitchell only had one starting lineman left a few minutes into the game. I did notice Lake Norman is now 5 and 1 and Mitchell gave that game away with two fumbles near the goal line.

Mitchell is a bit of an enigma to me this year. I still don't understand how Andrews beat you. I know they are solid and it was a long bus ride but the other results of your season all suggest that you are 2 to 3 TD better than them.
Well I believe it was just one of those games were you have a bad game bus ride could added to that. But I still say though we always notice and talk about when a skilled position player or players are out when most of your starting lineman are out and you're playing sophomores who don't get a lot of playing time it makes a difference. someone else may know more about it but I believe tonight has been the healthiest they've been before that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT