ADVERTISEMENT

Does the King return to Havelock?

Rose job is open. If King is rumored to be going to Havelock is Wooten headed to Rose?

Reactions: UNC91
His dream was for his wife to not have to work. Could be some behind the scenes going on over at Easley. Would be surprised if he came back to NC.

Ha i believe this is every married mans dream. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

No meetings have been scheduled to approve the hire of King, per a Havelock parent. A lot of rumors out here in Craven/Pamlico County. Stud kids rumored to be transferring, some schools adding prominent coaches to their staffs and HC changes. And it's still December. Buckle up everyone.

Reactions: btango and UNC91
No meetings have been scheduled to approve the hire of King, per a Havelock parent. A lot of rumors out here in Craven/Pamlico County. Stud kids rumored to be transferring, some schools adding prominent coaches to their staffs and HC changes. And it's still December. Buckle up everyone.

As of now, there is no opening. I really don’t think there will be much movement of any kind.

As of now, there is no opening. I really don’t think there will be much movement of any kind.

Didn't think there would be any but wanted to check around to make sure as I've heard a few people say he was for sure coming back to Havelock. Rose still needs a coach though so we'll see what happens.

Didn't think there would be any but wanted to check around to make sure as I've heard a few people say he was for sure coming back to Havelock. Rose still needs a coach though so we'll see what happens.

Heard some things about the Rose job and mostly not good. Don’t forget, Washington is looking for a HC.

The only way I would consider Washington is if the regime that ran Sport Sawyer off is no longer in charge. That was ridiculous.

There may be something in play that I have heard about. Not ready to share it yet.

Looks like Laney is going in a different direction. Guessing King goes back to Craven County to be an assistant for at least a year.

This is a post by the Havelock Touchdown Club on Facebook. Get your popcorn ready, this is going to get real interesting. No jobs listed for Havelock, but looks like they'll create one. And already have posters saying he should be the HC. Way to create some turmoil in the program if this is happening.

"Caleb Jackson King has returned home. Life is about lessons and learning through them and he brought his family home where they belong. He is asking to come back and be an assistant coach with all of our coaches in agreement. The current administration doesn’t share the same support for Caleb.
What better leaders, support, and possibilities can our boys have? What better group of coaches can we provide for them?
Everyone has an opinion, everyone deserves a voice and explanation on the decisions being made with our program.
Havelock survives off our community and now in support for our boys and football program, we need your help. It’s time for Havelock to STAND up for the boys, the football program, our coaches, community and to show support for the King family!
#wewantcaleb"

Reactions: UNC91
This is a post by the Havelock Touchdown Club on Facebook. Get your popcorn ready, this is going to get real interesting. No jobs listed for Havelock, but looks like they'll create one. And already have posters saying he should be the HC. Way to create some turmoil in the program if this is happening.

"Caleb Jackson King has returned home. Life is about lessons and learning through them and he brought his family home where they belong. He is asking to come back and be an assistant coach with all of our coaches in agreement. The current administration doesn’t share the same support for Caleb.
What better leaders, support, and possibilities can our boys have? What better group of coaches can we provide for them?
Everyone has an opinion, everyone deserves a voice and explanation on the decisions being made with our program.
Havelock survives off our community and now in support for our boys and football program, we need your help. It’s time for Havelock to STAND up for the boys, the football program, our coaches, community and to show support for the King family!
#wewantcaleb"

Wooten deserves better. What a shi$ show.

Wooten deserves better. What a shi$ show.

Tell him to leave and go back to bottom feeder program. King will be the coach, ive said this for last month. NB fans just dont want Havelock to be back at the top. If king was coaching this last fall, Havelock is playing for another title, simple as that

Tell him to leave and go back to bottom feeder program. King will be the coach, ive said this for last month. NB fans just dont want Havelock to be back at the top. If king was coaching this last fall, Havelock is playing for another title, simple as that

That's a pretty stupid comment. We're focused on winning our 3rd title in the last 8 years, nothing else. Havelock didn't have the talent last year, Caleb said as much to people in the area. No way Caleb takes that offense led by a freshman QB past Southern Nash.

Last edited:
Yeah just kick a man to the curb who has done a fine job at Havelock this is like taking back your ex-girlfriend who left you for the “coolest guy in school”. Unbelievable.

I'm hoping this a poor attempt at humor.

Reactions: ramball101
Jesus, do u guys just get up here and make your assumptions and call it truths??? Nowhere had ANYONE spoke on him being Havelocks new HC or kicking Wooten to the curb. He wants to come back and be an assistant, real simple... Got it? Or are u gonna make up sum more "inside source" thoughts in your heads and post them as truths smh

Jesus, do u guys just get up here and make your assumptions and call it truths??? Nowhere had ANYONE spoke on him being Havelocks new HC or kicking Wooten to the curb. He wants to come back and be an assistant, real simple... Got it? Or are u gonna make up sum more "inside source" thoughts in your heads and post them as truths smh

Dude, there is a faction in Havelock trying to get him as HC. While King is a fine man and coach it may not be a good idea to have him on staff. Havelock's fan base will be split and cause problems.

It’s completely embarrassing the way the HTC and some board members are acting regarding this whole situation. If you believe for 1 minute that he hasn’t been given a reason you are completely mistaken. Especially if the Craven County Administration is denying him to work in the county. All this unnecessary drama isn’t helping his case and it should have been stopped immediately. The kids don’t deserve it and Wooten doesn’t deserve it. If I was the new principal I would disband the HTC and anyone on the board who is speaking negatively about any administrator would be warned to stop. It’s time to act like adults and be good role models for the kids. Throwing tantrums are going to get you where? What are you saying to these kids?

It’s completely embarrassing the way the HTC and some board members are acting regarding this whole situation. If you believe for 1 minute that he hasn’t been given a reason you are completely mistaken. Especially if the Craven County Administration is denying him to work in the county. All this unnecessary drama isn’t helping his case and it should have been stopped immediately. The kids don’t deserve it and Wooten doesn’t deserve it. If I was the new principal I would disband the HTC and anyone on the board who is speaking negatively about any administrator would be warned to stop. It’s time to act like adults and be good role models for the kids. Throwing tantrums are going to get you where? What are you saying to these kids?

Certainly admire the work the HTC does as they do love the school but those gals have gone a little overboard with this situation. This was a topic that they should've left alone.

If u would attempt to disband the HTC then u definitely are completely out of the know and have NO clue as to what u would be doing to hurt that program lol... Its alot of know it alls on these forums that dont really have all the "inside" scoop they think they do and are acting like they do on here lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT