ADVERTISEMENT

Decline of Manteo Football

Goobs gonna be on the sidelines soon, callings plays against NE lol I'll come up to see that
I really do want to be on the sidelines of a local high school team. I don't know much but I'm a fast learner and I can relate well with these kids. Im ready and the more I get on these boards the more I want it. I just love watching the high school games. Ive become a junkie.

I really do want to be on the sidelines of a local high school team. I don't know much but I'm a fast learner and I can relate well with these kids. Im ready and the more I get on these boards the more I want it. I just love watching the high school games. Ive become a junkie.

Show up and volunteer. Show your skills and relate to the kids. They will give ya a shot. Most schools that way need all the help they can get....

Show up and volunteer. Show your skills and relate to the kids. They will give ya a shot. Most schools that way need all the help they can get....
I actually almost stopped by Camden a few weeks ago. The kids were out practicing at like 6am in the fog. I wanted to stop but I felt they might of thought I was a weirdo 😂. Camden High is 2 miles from my house. That's where my girls graduated

It is not the time to bash your coaches, they are working hard trying to instill winning ways in these young players. At a time last year while school was shut down due to covid a lot of area schools were still allowed to have work outs. However the Redskins were not allowed to. There is how ever a decline in talent in the area and we have to be able to stay in the weight room to work on getting bigger, faster and stronger. The High School doesn't have enough student athlete's to be able to support the number of athletics programs we are still competing in. Our student athletes are spread to thin. The Manteo Redskins have always been completive in what ever conference we play in and with continuing hard work should soon return.

Last edited:
And I would add that what you see on the field is not always a reflection of the coaching staff. Sometimes you have kids that just will not buy into a system. You can coach them all you want but when they get on the field they do what they want. If you don't have decent backups its a tough spot for a coach. This may not be going on at Manteo but most times the fans in the stands Moms or Dads have no idea what is happening on that sideline.
100% correct in this case

Hail To The Redskins!!! Looking forward to NE playing on Roanoke Island. This game makes me nervous, NE will have their hands full.

It is not the time to bash your coaches, they are working hard trying to instill winning ways in these young players. At a time last year while school was shut down due to covid a lot of area schools were still allowed to have work outs. However the Redskins were not allowed to. There is how ever a decline in talent in the area and we have to be able to stay in the weight room to work on getting bigger, faster and stronger. The High School doesn't have enough student athlete's to be able to support the number of athletics programs we are still competing in. Our student athletes are spread to thin. The Manteo Redskins have always been completive in what ever conference we play in and with continuing hard work should soon return.
Good point, the covid and quarantine situation did not help at all.

Reactions: UNC91

Good post, welcome to the boards coach

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
Ok Coach, just inbox me up here, I'm ready to roll. I'm not that far away and my wife already works in Nags Head.

Hail To The Redskins!!! Looking forward to NE playing on Roanoke Island. This game makes me nervous, NE will have their hands full.
It will have to be next year, Redskins travel to E C this year, there isn't how ever any athlete's on football team that was on the baseball team that went to E C an beat N E 16-4 two years ago. No need to be nervous for the fb game

Ok Coach, just inbox me up here, I'm ready to roll. I'm not that far away and my wife already works in Nags Head.

Just show up brother. Looks like they need all the help they can get. Atleast a coach putting in effort to help these boys

It will have to be next year, Redskins travel to E C this year, there isn't how ever any athlete's on football team that was on the baseball team that went to E C an beat N E 16-4 two years ago. No need to be nervous for the fb game
Yes your correct, we have a home game against Hertford County tomorrow and in a couple weeks against Manteo. Camden,Currituck, PTank on the road. What are the positives for the Manteo football team this season? There have to be some. Every team at some point goes thru trying times (except Reidsville). Manteo will bounce back, they just need some new blood on the sidelines and I guarantee you you'll see a difference.

Yes your correct, we have a home game against Hertford County tomorrow and in a couple weeks against Manteo. Camden,Currituck, PTank on the road. What are the positives for the Manteo football team this season? There have to be some. Every team at some point goes thru trying times (except Reidsville). Manteo will bounce back, they just need some new blood on the sidelines and I guarantee you you'll see a difference.

Goobs gonna be on the sidelines soon.

Stop talking and do my guy. Don't overthink it brother, show up n show out
I will wait till seasons end and then I will. All they can say is no thanks. I mean I have zero experience, I'd be like Adam Sandler. Talking smack up here is easy lol, but I'm ready to move on and try and do something positive and hopefully give back. I also hate losing, like yourself I'm no it lacking confidence.

One thing that hurts manteo is it's location. It's really in the middle of nowhere so it makes it hard for a good coach to come along. This isn't just the case for manteo though it's a lot of school's toward the coast except for the Pitt county and craven county School. I look at pamlico for example they had a really good coach a few years back and even played for the state title In 2018. But he left and went to New Bern after that season.

Has anyone seen what Chad Williams has built at First Flight High School with their basketball program. He's turned them into a 2a power. If he can do that on the OBX then anything's possible. Manteo fb team can be successful, even against teams like NE and Holmes.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Good luck Coach!

Since when has First Flight been a basketball power? that's a serious question. They were 4-9 last season. They're much better in sports like soccer, wrestling, and XC.

• Haha
Since when has First Flight been a basketball power? that's a serious question. They were 4-9 last season. They're much better in sports like soccer, wrestling, and XC.

Maybe not a power but they have a great coach and some very good players. I know Dylan Blake was the top 3 PT shooter in the state and broke all kinds of records two years ago. They play one of the toughest ooc schedules possible playing the top in state schools plus other out of state power programs. The Good Guys vs Cancer Classic FF puts on is incredible. I love traveling up from EC to go see that event. No one could imagine a school from the OBX being any good in basketball. Chad has that put that program on the map in a short time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT