ADVERTISEMENT

Dax Hollifield

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
I was at the UNC/VA Tech game Saturday and witnessed close up Hollifield's shameful behavior at the end of the game.

His personal foul for shoving the UNC QB taking a knee trying to end the game was bad enough, but what followed after the game ended was much worst. He got into a shouting match trading insults with UNC fans in the Blue Zone, one of whom looked 70+ years old and threatened the fan to a fight.

Did he have these control issues while playing for Shelby? I always thought he was a great player but now I am not so sure.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
I'd say he's largely been a bust as a player at VT, with them missing 15 players last week, he still didn't start the game, he's probably disappointed in himself.

The only thing I know about that kid was the game I saw him play against Northside-Jacksonville in the state championship. Without a doubt most dominating individual defensive performance I've seen in high school.

He has always seemed to hate UNC since he committed to the Hokies. Idk Y. Every time they’ve played each other he gets into some beef with a player or fan over something petty. I remember as a UNC wanting him badly but now I’m glad we don’t have him. He wouldn’t start anyway, but wish him all the best at VTech. Just glad I don’t have to witness his BS but once yearly.

P.S. Dax, if you didn’t like him taking a delayed knee, next time we will just run up the score and we will introduce you to Javonte Williams right through the A gap!

Reactions: Mhsneer
I saw him play as a Shelby Golden Lion probably six or seven times. he was the model player, clean-cut, keep the rules, disciplined, always giving a hundred percent.
The Carolina game, for him, I'd guess, was pretty humiliating, being a linebacker, and the Virginia Tech defense giving up 56 points. In his college career, has anyone scored so much against the Hokies ? Seems like the University of Pittsburgh scored over 50, a couple of seasons ago. Carolina hadn't beaten VT since he has been there, either, but this years edition of UNC football is different.
Young guys do foolish things, especially when they get embarrassed. He, more than likely, will learn from it and move on.

Easily the best linebacker I have ever seen play high school football. His ability to see the field and read the play was incredible. I believe he is going through some frustrations in Blacksburg.

And we hear crickets from the Shelby faithfully!

Normal from that crowd ha. Super overrated coming out of highschool. Hes a JR and doesn't even start for a terrible VT team. JR Walker from clayton saw plenty time at CB for VT. He looked fluid and smooth all night.

Normal from that crowd ha. Super overrated coming out of highschool. Hes a JR and doesn't even start for a terrible VT team. JR Walker from clayton saw plenty time at CB for VT. He looked fluid and smooth all night.
Not defending any antics on the field Saturday as I did not watch game, but believe Dax is 2nd in tackles on the team this year.

Reactions: UNC91
I'll take overrated and getting to on on the play D1 college ball. He has started on numerous occasions during his 3 years there. Also on the overrated part Shelby is sending players right and left to play football in college and have won 6 out of the last 7 state titles and probably would have made it 7 out of 8 if not for COVID, so I'll take overrated.

I'll take overrated and getting to on on the play D1 college ball. He has started on numerous occasions during his 3 years there. Also on the overrated part Shelby is sending players right and left to play football in college and have won 6 out of the last 7 state titles and probably would have made it 7 out of 8 if not for COVID, so I'll take overrated.

It will be a state championship this season

Most are big time flops but okay ha

Most are big time flops but okay ha
Tf is your problem, though? You hate on Shelby a little too much. You talk about Shelby more than you do SWO. At the end of the day, some of those so called “flops” will get a free education, and will avoid student loan debt. And by the way, who’s making noise from SWO and currently in college? That lame ass “ha” back at you.

Last edited:
Tf is your problem, though? You hate on Shelby a little too much. You talk about Shelby more than you do SWO. At the end of the day, some of those so called “flops” will get a free education, and will avoid student loan debt. And by the way, who’s making noise from SWO and currently in college? That lame ass “ha” back at you.

Dont have a problem, just tell it like I see it. Swo is a shell of what it used to be. But still one starting at ECU, one starting at Vanderbilt university and a few more learning the playbook on a college team. Not sure what you were trying to get at???? Swo beat the breaks off shelby with dax and his family watching ha ha ha

Guys I'm coming from the 4a board but I watched him saturday and I saw a kid that looked like a no star. Missed tackles, poor angles and lack of effort. This kid was supposed to be the next big thing. Maybe he is not as good as projected which happens but he looked like a walk-on who was just thrown in there because they had no one else. I hope he is ok because I don't remember him being this bad. Never thought he was great but thought saturday was bad.

Well I’d say that Dax would be much better had foster stayed at vt.

Foster told me directly on two occasions, spring junior season and playoffs senior year, that he felt Dax would be a huge difference maker. Foster May have used him differently.
The college game moves a lot faster than high school and some players adapt better to that than others.

I would be pretty happy attending VPI on a football scholly, I would be just as happy to be 21.

Dont have a problem, just tell it like I see it. Swo is a shell of what it used to be. But still one starting at ECU, one starting at Vanderbilt university and a few more learning the playbook on a college team. Not sure what you were trying to get at???? Swo beat the breaks off shelby with dax and his family watching ha ha ha
I also remember watching Shelby in 2013 at Chapel Hill beat the brakes off of SWO. Beat y'all so bad don't think you've been back to the ship since. Just in case you didn't know we have.

I was at the UNC/VA Tech game Saturday and witnessed close up Hollifield's shameful behavior at the end of the game.

His personal foul for shoving the UNC QB taking a knee trying to end the game was bad enough, but what followed after the game ended was much worst. He got into a shouting match trading insults with UNC fans in the Blue Zone, one of whom looked 70+ years old and threatened the fan to a fight.

Did he have these control issues while playing for Shelby? I always thought he was a great player but now I am not so sure.
Saw him play a few times vs South Point in high school. He is an aggressive kid and was in high school but the cheap shots didn't start at VT. He had that in him when he got there.

Guys I'm coming from the 4a board but I watched him saturday and I saw a kid that looked like a no star. Missed tackles, poor angles and lack of effort. This kid was supposed to be the next big thing. Maybe he is not as good as projected which happens but he looked like a walk-on who was just thrown in there because they had no one else. I hope he is ok because I don't remember him being this bad. Never thought he was great but thought saturday was bad.
You do remember Nick and Dabo offering Dax? But you probably know more than they do.

Reactions: redskins55
Saw him play a few times vs South Point in high school. He is an aggressive kid and was in high school but the cheap shots didn't start at VT. He had that in him when he got there.

Shelby breeds these type of players. Cheap shot artist university aka shelby high. Swo beat the breaks off shelby 21-0 4 mins Into the game. Cheap shots all night after that.

Sounds like unc91 don’t much like Shelby. Eastern teams really hate to see the Golden Lions come their way. SWO still hanging on to one victory over Shelby. I understand the hurt they feel, by the way, Shelby has some good kids, not cheap shot artists. Shelby is blessed with talent from peewee league to HS. The true Dynasty. Well wishes to all, be glad to see those Friday night lights again.

Hollifield can still be solid at V tech. V tech has a lot of talent from nc
Hope you watched that war last night between Lomachenko and López. Amazing fight! The judges scores were crazy, though. I had López winning by one round, the 12th being the deciding round. López dominated the first half of the fight, Lomachenko came on strong in the latter part of the fight, 8th round on up, in my opinion. Great fight!

Hope you watched that war last night between Lomachenko and López. Amazing fight! The judges scores were crazy, though. I had López winning by one round, the 12th being the deciding round. López dominated the first half of the fight, Lomachenko came on strong in the latter part of the fight, 8th round on up, in my opinion. Great fight!

Yeah great fight. Actually the first fight since the pandemic started that I’ve watched. Gervonta Davis fights in two weeks will you watch? I know you don’t order ppv’s bro well I got a free solution for you hit me up.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I know you don’t order ppv’s bro well I got a free solution for you hit me up.
😂😂😂 I do every once in awhile, my g. Thing is, I work a 12 hr shift, and have to work every other weekend, which I hate, so I miss a lot of the good fights live, and have to go to YouTube a day later to catch them. Someone usually “looks out” on YouTube. But yeah, I need to link up with you on that solution eventually.:)

You and your brother are obviously some big Tank Davis fans. I remember y’all actually going to one of his fights in Atlanta last year. He’s a savage in the ring, no doubt.... a lightweight Mike Tyson, in my opinion. Bud Crawford fights soon, and my brother told me earlier that Errol Spence has an upcoming fight. So, there’s some good boxing coming up.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
😂😂😂 I do every once in awhile, my g. Thing is, I work a 12 hr shift, and have to work every other weekend, which I hate, so I miss a lot of the good fights live, and have to go to YouTube a day later to catch them. Someone usually “looks out” on YouTube. But yeah, I need to link up with you on that solution eventually.:)

You and your brother are obviously some big Tank Davis fans. I remember y’all actually going to one of his fights in Atlanta last year. He’s a savage in the ring, no doubt.... a lightweight Mike Tyson, in my opinion. Bud Crawford fights soon, and my brother told me earlier that Errol Spence has an upcoming fight. So, there’s some good boxing coming up.

Yeah, its going to pick up. I miss the crowds with boxing though.

It feels weird not talking any hs football, hopefully things pick up

SWO 🤣🤣🤣🤫

Still hurting from that asswhipping they put on them lions. Week before the game you and these other clowns said shelby 60 swo 0. No one couldn't stop shelby, top ten in the nation they said. Then swo shut that up fast, about 4 mins into the game ha ha

Every great team has a unexpected loss here and there.You should know this as a UNC fan.
Its what u do after that loss.
I know what Shelby has done...and I know what SWO has!!!! Nothing...so get out of here with that pot hole crap u talking ..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT