ADVERTISEMENT

Daddy Ball????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just saw the paper is this true, TIGER fans did we combine for a no hitter against Hiwasee? I didn't go and find this very hard to believe? Because I know how stats are being taken. Was at the skillet this morning and I was told that Hiwasee had about 3 / 4 hits. I mean really? Come on coaches you can do better than this.

And actually was told that a no hitter combine did take place this year but it was the 1st game against Hiwasse and 2 different kids? Is this true Tiger fans?I find this one to be true only because it wasn't mentioned in the paper?

And actually was told that a no hitter combine did take place this year but it was the 1st game against Hiwasse and 2 different kids? Is this true Tiger fans?I find this one to be true only because it wasn't mentioned in the paper?
I made a phone call to ask about this Tigerden2. I was told that the combined no hitter did take place at Hiwasse earlier in the year. I was also told that we gave up a few hits against Hiwasse this past game at home.

Boy me and my buddies have been laughing, did any Tiger fans notice the backtracking on Facebook from the coach. Wow. One of my friends said he must know about what's on preps. I said good maybe now they will start being honest and stop. Because they are doing a disservice to the other kids. And coach I dont think your no hitter was against Cherokee either.Lol. Also we all know you write the majority of the articles for the paper. I mean just stop while your a head.

Reactions: Tigerpaw2
Wow, you sure have pretty strong opinions about this if you don’t have a kid or relative playing! Making accusations based on your opinion behind an unknown username is very childish. The sports editor for the TTimes was there taking pictures and wrote the article and obviously made mistakes because the name was wrong under the picture he took. If you have concerns, a true man would face the people he’s accusing. Strange that people from all over WNC send their boys to play on his travel ball team. I’ve been around ball all my life and this coach is one of the best I’ve seen whether he has a son playing or not! If you are so concerned, volunteer to help coach so that you can use your coaching abilities to help the program and not bash the coach!

Wow your a new member so I'm guessing who you are. I actually spoke to the times reporter he said he took the pics but left early got final report from coach. I just dont base my opinions by what others are discussing, I do my research. Sorry if that bothers his cronies. I'm just speaking out for the kids that are getting a raw deal. Like I said earlier if you don't like what I'm saying block me, not going to hurt my feelings. I would be happy to speak to your hubby I love debating strategies with coaches. I debated all the time with Coach Essenberg, now that was fun times. Two old farts just shooting the bull. I'm a little to old to get out there now. I think your hubby knows baseball he just only puts certain kids ahead. As far as travel ball I'm not a big fan of kids playing one sport year round. But I know a lot of the kids from hville that say they will never play for him again. We can keep this going all day but I deal in facts and fact one stats are horribly wrong, second fact kid dropping f bombs, fact 3 kid throwing things. Fact 4 on Facebook why like the shared article and than do the retraction. Sounds fishy to me. Cause if I knew article was wrong I would not have liked article I would have corrected it right there. He only did the retraction when it was pointed out to him it was wrong. So I hope this coach can do better. Good luck Tigers with the rest of your season.

I definitely have no kid or relative playing either. I know you probably don't believe that but oh well. Anybody who has been around baseball can see what is happening. A lot of people are discussing this. It's not a good look for the program.

I don’t know why y’all are bashing the coaches that spend time,money an dedication into the kids I know the head and assistant coaches personally and they don’t love anything more than the kids and the sport and I know that they love those kids in the diamond equally out side of the diamond is none of our business but when they step through that fence gate into the diamond there is nothing more that they think of besides house they can be a help to those kids and how they can impact there life in a better way

Definitely not bashing Kirk or Derrick. As I stated earlier in thread they do a great job. What I'm stating is how the stats are done wrong for some kids. And how one kid is allowed to drop f-bombs and throw things. I believe that is wrong.

I knew when I started this thread would not be popular but I stand by my opinions and actually it's just as I predicted.

Catswithstripes I think your trying to tell me something? But I'm not sure you just keep quoting me. Go ahead and say it I know you will be talking to me.

You most certainly are bashing him. The posts you have written, as you put it, “from an old fart” are very childish. Try helping the program and the coach instead of trying to start trouble. Maybe the program will succeed if people who care about the program help out instead of criticizing the people working hard to make things better. BTW, I’m not the coaches wife so stop assuming! I’m someone who cares about the school and it’s athletic programs and hates to see such pettiness and negativism towards anyone who’s dedicated to helping the kids!

Reactions: BIG_BLUE_48
Sure you are. So you condone the type of behavior that is going on? I'm not bashing just telling the truth. I have given a lot of facts, nobody is saying this didn't happen. So why does this coach get a pass on all that. Just because he's from Rosman. Your crazy if you come back and say you support this behavior.

Once again not bashing coach I just dont agree with the way stats are taken and reported. I don't agree with allowing kids to drop f-bombs, I dont agree with allowing kid to throw things, and I think coach trys to cover for all this. If that makes me childish by pointing all this out, oh well.

So from the silence that I'm getting I guess my facts are correct. Good luck Tigerfan135 with the rest of your season.

RT, travel ball is how the majority of kids get noticed these days. Especially in any sport other than football. I know parents that have spent a small fortune with the hopes their kid will get noticed because they know the recruiters just ain't gonna go to the high schools anymore. And when they get their scholarships it's almost always been because they saw the kid during travel ball.

I personally am not a fan of travel ball. Hard on kids arms. Plus your right parents spend a fortune.

Actually if you talk to a lot of college coaches one of the ? they are asking kids these days is Do you play one sport? If kid says yes follow up ?s are which sport and if its baseball they want to know how much travel ball have you played. If your a pitcher they will think long and hard on you depending how long you have done travel baseball. Because of how many kids having Tommy John surgery.

I didn’t think there were many scholarships available in baseball. I would think only your top teams in the nation would have access to any scholarship money.

Great point Tigerpaws, you are correct no $ in college baseball. The big sports are football and basketball. So baseball programs only give full rides to pitchers and catchers. That is why they ask all those ?s and are picky about pitchers arms.

Reactions: Tigerpaw2
Great point Tigerpaws, you are correct no $ in college baseball. The big sports are football and basketball. So baseball programs only give full rides to pitchers and catchers. That is why they ask all those ?s and are picky about pitchers arms.
Very, very few full rides period, NCAA only allows 11.7 scholarships per year. That is the reason it is so important to have good grades in HS. College coach will try and get them academic money. In most cases if parents would put all that money spent on travel into a college savings account they would be further ahead than hoping for a partial scholarship to a college.

So true, Sportsnut. Parents are crazy spending that $. It's also a myth to say college coaches don't come to games cause I spoke to college coach at the Murphy/Rosman game. They are picky about who they come to see but they do come. They were they watching 3 or 4 kids from Murphy. Murphy has a great team.

So true, Sportsnut. Parents are crazy spending that $. It's also a myth to say college coaches don't come to games cause I spoke to college coach at the Murphy/Rosman game. They are picky about who they come to see but they do come. They were they watching 3 or 4 kids from Murphy. Murphy has a great team.
That’s a great point for the kids out there. You never know who’s watching! Scouts aren’t always decked out in their schools logo. Most of the time they are just blending in with the crowd.

Reactions: TigerDen2

They don’t come as much as they once did. What I really hate is the de-emphasis on the HS school coaches in all sports. Just look a Basketball and soccer ⚽️. I know soccer players that don’t play HS because their travel coaches tell them they are better not playing HS. It is also creeping into Softball of not playing HS.

That’s a great point for the kids out there. You never know who’s watching! Scouts aren’t always decked out in their schools logo. Most of the time they are just blending in with the crowd.
Yes, good point kids need to be aware of this. You never know who is watching. So if you are pitching a fit because you made an out. It will not look good for them.

I agree it's a gamble with playing them or choosing not to regarding travel ball with injuries or money well spent. And their grades should always be a priority whether on a field or not and some high schools do a decent job of monitoring their players grades and keep them motivated. And full rides are few & far between there's no doubt on that. College coaches/scouts rarely have shown up at our school in the last several years. When they have it's when buzz has spread on a standout player. They tell us it's easier to see a majority of quality players during a weekend tournament of travel ball. I really do have mixed feeling because it does impact the schools programs at times and can lead to injuries. But at the same time I can see why some parents choose that route because they just want the best for their kid I'm sure.

And i agree on the attitude aspect, a bad one usually don't get you anywhere and shouldn't be tolerated. Temper tantrums and cuss fits should be nipped out fast because it'll spread like fire.

Reactions: TigerDen2
I think parents feel they have no choice, but I personally feel they should work hard throughout the year by practicing and playing different sports.Sometimes playing bb year round is worse for the kids, they dont get better cause they are always playing and are not working on there weaknesses. Example Rosman varsity team I think about 5 kids play bb year round and I dont see them as better for this talent wise.

Big Blue what about Brevard baseball. I know a lot of those kids play year round. Anybody headed to next level?

Big blue as far as the fits and cussing issues this is what is plaguing Tiger bb.

I do agree playing other sports does help round you out & can broaden your skills. And in our area it hurts when several only play one with the low numbers that do play. Just think how awesome it'd be if either of us had a half dozen kids like D Thomas, that kid is awesome & great off the field too. Yeah we've got a couple that are looking good, but injuries are taking a toll right now. We've lost both catchers & having play some there that haven't had the experience. As far as college we've had a few signings recently Nanney for volleyball, Shook football, and Sales for softball are the ones I've heard lately.

I mean for bb. All those kids that play travel bb? Has it helped them get into college?

I know for Nanney she got noticed playing travel vball for sure according to her folks. Sales played softball & he brother did baseball both travel & got into college. I don't know for sure if they got seen on the road but still got in school to play. I'd guess there are more I just don't know off the top of my head. I do know case plays but is an underslassman still but he's been talking to some folks. I heard one of y'alls boys has got invited to play for under armour at the college world series, that's pretty awesome and should get alot of exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT