ADVERTISEMENT

Daddy Ball????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerDen1

Aug 20, 2017
What's your thoughts? This seems to be a big issue at Rosman, so I know I will catch some flack, but I don't care. Does this happen at other schools????

It was nice to see this year in football No daddy ball. But boy do I see this in some of the other sports at Rosman. I think baseball, softball is the absolute worse. I was just curious is this going on at the high school level at other schools?

It was nice to see this year in football No daddy ball. But boy do I see this in some of the other sports at Rosman. I think baseball, softball is the absolute worse. I was just curious is this going on at the high school level at other schools?
Yes sir,it does.

Yeah for sure . We got rolling at Cherokee but coach still here . I was wondering how that panned out at heritage bit dang what a player you guys had .

I' m a Mitchell fan. Lol. But it worked out for heritage and it worked for Mitchell several years back too. I think it makes life hard on the kid and coach in a way, but it also can be pretty special.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Some Coaches can handle this, but the majority can't, don't, or just refuse to help the team. Only in it for there kid. I get out and support a lot of different sports at Rosman, but I was only able to make about 3 baseball/softball games last year and I was shocked to see that many Daddies on the field or in the dugout. I assure everyone our baseball/softball programs should be a lot better with the talent we have there. Tons of talent, But what I saw was a joke. I saw one Dad coach in a argument with his son right outside dugout, it wasn't pretty. I than saw Mom getting on to Dad coach about there son not playing. All these distractions are happening during game.And I think it's only going to get worse in baseball, new head coach for this year.This is what I mean by Daddy Ball. Parents who only coach for there kid and not team. Some kids only have one coach there whole lives let that soak in????

Some Coaches can handle this, but the majority can't, don't, or just refuse to help the team. Only in it for there kid. I get out and support a lot of different sports at Rosman, but I was only able to make about 3 baseball/softball games last year and I was shocked to see that many Daddies on the field or in the dugout. I assure everyone our baseball/softball programs should be a lot better with the talent we have there. Tons of talent, But what I saw was a joke. I saw one Dad coach in a argument with his son right outside dugout, it wasn't pretty. I than saw Mom getting on to Dad coach about there son not playing. All these distractions are happening during game.And I think it's only going to get worse in baseball, new head coach for this year.This is what I mean by Daddy Ball. Parents who only coach for there kid and not team. Some kids only have one coach there whole lives let that soak in????

i thought rosmans varsity baseball team was pretty good last year.

Well depends on who helps him. If it's just Kirk, fantastic, but if not well it will be repeat of last year. I think same coaches that coach travel baseball help him. I'm not big on travel baseball I think it hurts kids more than helps.

This is just my opinion but last year was a circus with Ruff being the assistant. The years before were great when it was just Kirk and Derrick. Dodson coached his own kid, but there was no drama with that because he did it correctly he was there for the team and separated the two. I have a friend that played on the travel ball teams out of Rosman from West Henderson, he said those teams had more drama on them than a soap opera. And that is exactly what I saw last year. So I'm hoping not but I'm very suspicious.

1 of tha most rediculious things I see is that daddy ball junk!! More crazy then that is tha higher ups that let it go on!! I've coached youth league football for since 2012 and my son is not tha reason I'm out there, I'm there for Cherokee football!! My son is finnaly gonna be on my team this year and if he gets a startin position it'll be because he earned it not because dad's coachin!! He acts like a dern wimp then he'll be on tha sideline cheerin his team on!! When he moves on past my age group I'll continue to coach same age group!! It seriously makes me sick and pisses me off to see that garbage!!

Reactions: TigerDen1
1 of tha most rediculious things I see is that daddy ball junk!! More crazy then that is tha higher ups that let it go on!! I've coached youth league football for since 2012 and my son is not tha reason I'm out there, I'm there for Cherokee football!! My son is finnaly gonna be on my team this year and if he gets a startin position it'll be because he earned it not because dad's coachin!! He acts like a dern wimp then he'll be on tha sideline cheerin his team on!! When he moves on past my age group I'll continue to coach same age group!! It seriously makes me sick and pisses me off to see that garbage!!
You hit the nail on the head, you know it's Daddy Ball, when they don't stop coaching their own kid. When Dad Coach keeps moving up with his kid. The sad part is the kids never learn anything.

Man I hate Daddy ball. Just got home from the Brevard /Rosman baseball game. What a joke. Was any other Rosman fans there? It's terrible to watch talent being wasted. I have no words, those kids deserve better. I have been at 3 baseball games so far this year. First game we beat a team that was not good didn't think the hits on max preps were hits should have been errors,also saw a kid throw a tantrum because he didn't get a hit., second game Murphy handed us a beat down, third game was today and it was bad. Listen coaches don't put your kids in positions just because they are your kids. Put the kids there that are the best period. Also coaches I see what your doing with the stats. I read the paper and I didn't see hits in the big wins, I saw a lot of errors, but I guess you have to pad those stats. But you know what happens when those kids actually face great teams and make those plays, those same kids go 0ffer. Don't think I can go watch another game.

Man I hate Daddy ball. Just got home from the Brevard /Rosman baseball game. What a joke. Was any other Rosman fans there? It's terrible to watch talent being wasted. I have no words, those kids deserve better. I have been at 3 baseball games so far this year. First game we beat a team that was not good didn't think the hits on max preps were hits should have been errors,also saw a kid throw a tantrum because he didn't get a hit., second game Murphy handed us a beat down, third game was today and it was bad. Listen coaches don't put your kids in positions just because they are your kids. Put the kids there that are the best period. Also coaches I see what your doing with the stats. I read the paper and I didn't see hits in the big wins, I saw a lot of errors, but I guess you have to pad those stats. But you know what happens when those kids actually face great teams and make those plays, those same kids go 0ffer. Don't think I can go watch another game.
It is sickening. I hate to see the program headed in this direction. It really bothers me about those stats. I know it shouldn’t but it does. I love baseball and I know what a hit is and what an error is. So it’s really disheartening to see certain kids get credited for a hit when they reached on an obvious error. But I guess that’s what you get when a “Daddy” is keeping the stats. It also chappes my tail to see those temper tantrums pitched by the one certain kid over and over and over with no repercussions! It’s a major distraction for all the kids. It’s not a good look for our program,school and community!

Yes I'm sure the temper tantrums are a distraction. I could have sworn in the one game I heard the f bomb, but maybe I was mistaken. I noticed the stats right away. Was reading the paper and saw all the hits, but I know for a fact wasn't hits, but it seemed like those so called hits were only for some kids. If ground ball is hit right to someone and the ball goes thru that kids legs that's an error not a hit. Temper tantrum kid would not play on my team no matter how good he is, to be honest he's not that good, the padding of his stats makes him great. It's sad your coach is only there for some kids not all.

Yes I'm sure the temper tantrums are a distraction. I could have sworn in the one game I heard the f bomb, but maybe I was mistaken. I noticed the stats right away. Was reading the paper and saw all the hits, but I know for a fact wasn't hits, but it seemed like those so called hits were only for some kids. If ground ball is hit right to someone and the ball goes thru that kids legs that's an error not a hit. Temper tantrum kid would not play on my team no matter how good he is, to be honest he's not that good, the padding of his stats makes him great. It's sad your coach is only there for some kids not all.
I agree with everything you say. The F bomb has been dropped multiple times in front of women and children with NO repercussion! I’m just glad to see someone else sees what I’ve been seeing. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. Our baseball program is heading in the wrong direction. It’s a shame for the kids that really love the game and work hard. When they continually see these things on a daily basis, they may want to just give up and not play anymore. We are a small school and can’t afford to lose them.

I thought the other games I saw was bad, but tonight was the worse. Those kids are in the wrong spots. That's on the coach.

Reactions: Rhinos87
Man I'm still hot everytime I think about the game tonight. The decisions that were made were terrible. I think in trying to keep certain kids on the infield he gave up on his outfield. One of the best outfielders plays shortstop and one of the best infielders was moved to outfield to keep certain kids in spots on the infield and boy did that inning blow up. I'm just left saying Wow. I'm all for supporting kids but I can't support that,it's bad. I know the Tigers should finish strong in conference only because conference is weak this year, but they won't go far in playoffs. We can't beat great teams with the decisions that are being made.

Reactions: Rhinos87
Man I'm still hot everytime I think about the game tonight. The decisions that were made were terrible. I think in trying to keep certain kids on the infield he gave up on his outfield. One of the best outfielders plays shortstop and one of the best infielders was moved to outfield to keep certain kids in spots on the infield and boy did that inning blow up. I'm just left saying Wow. I'm all for supporting kids but I can't support that,it's bad. I know the Tigers should finish strong in conference only because conference is weak this year, but they won't go far in playoffs. We can't beat great teams with the decisions that are being made.

Why don't you voice your opinion to the Coach or maybe even volunteer. Bashing a Coach on here is a major cop out. Sounds like sour grapes. Did you apply for the job and not get it? Did you go to college and get a coaching degree? First year coach on a varsity level is tough in any sport. Maybe stop bashing and start with some concerns to the Coach not on NC Preps JMHO !!!

Why don't you voice your opinion to the Coach or maybe even volunteer. Bashing a Coach on here is a major cop out. Sounds like sour grapes. Did you apply for the job and not get it? Did you go to college and get a coaching degree? First year coach on a varsity level is tough in any sport. Maybe stop bashing and start with some concerns to the Coach not on NC Preps JMHO !!!
Not trying to bash the coach just speaking my truth. No coaching degree. But can you honestly say it's ok for those kids to be dropping F bombs and pitching fits in dug outs, throwing things? I don't think that's where the program should be headed. Also I don't agree with Daddies coaching their kids in school ball. I also don't agree with the way stats were handled in the games I saw. I don't have a kid playing so I don't need to speak with coach. Just voicing my opinion. You dont have to read what I post just block me. Have you got to see any of the games or spoken to any of the kids that are playing?

Not trying to bash the coach just speaking my truth. No coaching degree. But can you honestly say it's ok for those kids to be dropping F bombs and pitching fits in dug outs, throwing things? I don't think that's where the program should be headed. Also I don't agree with Daddies coaching their kids in school ball. I also don't agree with the way stats were handled in the games I saw. I don't have a kid playing so I don't need to speak with coach. Just voicing my opinion. You dont have to read what I post just block me. Have you got to see any of the games or spoken to any of the kids that are playing?

Never said anything about not handling f bombs and fits in the dug out. If it were my team they would run till they threw up and sit a game. Been around a lot of dads coaching their kids in various sports I would say 75% of those were great relationships and memories that will last forever. I personally know the coach that your bashing (ON PREPS) He's not the type to do that. As a head coach I would assume he doesn't send the stats in. I could be wrong. Usually your stat guy does that. I'v seen 4 games so far this year. I really think it's a team searching for consistency and a identity. This is just a site to voice opinions. Just because I disagree don't take it personal.

Definitely not taking it personally at all just responding to your post, actually the stat guy is another Dad. Whose son plays. I have seen very few Dads that can actually coach their kid it's possible but not working in this situation. The one kid that keeps pitching fits has not missed a game keeps on starting, so that is on the coach. In the Brevard game same kid took another kids glove and threw it because he was mad about the game. That's all on the coach. I'm sorry but that's all distractions that teams dont need. Good coaching handles those issues. He knows they are going on. One parent told me he had 4 conversations with coach about all these same issues coach response was I know what I'm doing cause I played all the way through college and know how to coach. So if a coach know what is going on with his team and still allows this how is this good coaching? Even if I know the guy it's still terrible coaching, and a terrible direction to take the team on.

Definitely not taking it personally at all just responding to your post, actually the stat guy is another Dad. Whose son plays. I have seen very few Dads that can actually coach their kid it's possible but not working in this situation. The one kid that keeps pitching fits has not missed a game keeps on starting, so that is on the coach. In the Brevard game same kid took another kids glove and threw it because he was mad about the game. That's all on the coach. I'm sorry but that's all distractions that teams dont need. Good coaching handles those issues. He knows they are going on. One parent told me he had 4 conversations with coach about all these same issues coach response was I know what I'm doing cause I played all the way through college and know how to coach. So if a coach know what is going on with his team and still allows this how is this good coaching? Even if I know the guy it's still terrible coaching, and a terrible direction to take the team on.

Well as far as the stats go it will show the first time an athlete goes for a work out with a college coach or the coach sees him in action. As far as the language and fits I agree that it should be handled the VERY first time to set the tone for everyone else right off the bat. Still in disagreement on the Dad coaching. It's a great thing if they can separate the sport from family. Hope the Tigers continue to get better and working together. They are still a very young team. Hopefully the Sr's will step up to handle some of the fits in the dug outs.

Reactions: TigerDen2
Exactly about the stats. That's why against good teams those same hits aren't there. It stinks when you know the coach but feel he is not handling this very well.i agree if dad can separate the 2 it's a great thing. I said that earlier in the thread,but unfortunately these dads aren't, so it sets a terrible example. I think Kirk did a great job of that. Coach Rice, Packy did as well

Exactly about the stats. That's why against good teams those same hits aren't there. It stinks when you know the coach but feel he is not handling this very well.i agree if dad can separate the 2 it's a great thing. I said that earlier in the thread,but unfortunately these dads aren't, so it sets a terrible example. I think Kirk did a great job of that. Coach Rice, Packy did as well

Hopefully its first year coaching at a varsity level. I agree all three of those guys did very well coaching while their kids played or kids playing. Gotta remember though when their kids came and are coming thru those 3 coaches had 10 years coaching experience. Hope it gets turned around.

Hopefully its first year coaching at a varsity level. I agree all three of those guys did very well coaching while their kids played or kids playing. Gotta remember though when their kids came and are coming thru those 3 coaches had 10 years coaching experience. Hope it gets turned around.
That's my point again those coaches didn't just coach their own kid. He has since little league. Nobody else has coached his kid or the temper tantrum kid. Same coaches since little league, their Dads.

Reactions: The Lake Man

It's easier to bash a coach than to support a coach because supporting a coach requires effort. I don't think this guy is particularly bashing the coach and I do think he's bringing up a topic that should be discussed.

I witnessed a lead off hitter that benefitted from his mother holding the score book. I told everyone, you could divide his batting average by three to get an accurate number.

A coaching degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT