ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 6 🎉🎉

OC, BTW, we're expecting wind gusts of 70-80 MPH, tomorrow. That's plenty enough to whisk an old man's assets over the rainbow. They'd take one look at me and call the police, course I suppose we all got to be somewhere.:D
Toto, GMAB.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I just passed Betsy Ross Park in Lincolnton. The creek that runs by it is overflowed
You made me laugh out loud. It is Betty G Ross not to be confused with the lady (and probably is) who sewed the flag. That South Fork runs behind the visitor side of Lincolnton and down to the park. I have seen flooding up on the practice field which is also used for parking during game nights.

I believe power may be an issue. Large portion of the city is without power.
I believe so because the gas station below there is packed with people trying to get gas must be one of the only ones with power. Looks nice outside so hauling a car to the speedway I'm going to get everything ready for tomorrow night racing and crashing

I just passed Betsy Ross Park in Lincolnton. The creek that runs by it is overflowed
LHSfaninVA said:

You made me laugh out loud. It is Betty G Ross not to be confused with the lady (and probably is) who sewed the flag. That South Fork runs behind the visitor side of Lincolnton and down to the park. I have seen flooding up on the practice field which is also used for parking during game nights.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AMD, glad you made it back with the demolition car. I just got back from my daily run and the stadium field, here, looked good. I could see where the water had ran off and pooled around the track, but it didn't see any lights on in the buildings around there so they may not have power. Think the city was focusing on restoring power to homes and businesses, first. The power in this neighborhood came back on this afternoon. Considering the number of limbs and downed trees around here, I don't know how they got it back on so fast. I was guessing it would be off until early next week. Thanks City of Lincolnton.

By the way, us Lincolnton guys haven't had much to boast about in football over these last several years, so if you don't mind and for the sake of a little trivia, you mentioned going by Betty G. Ross Park. She was the Director of Parks and Recreation, here. She was tall and slim and very athletic. She was a good person but she could be tough, too, so you would have understood her.
Don't know what kind of tournaments or playoffs, high schools had in the early 1940's, but she played basketball on a Lincolnton team that won some kind of state title. As a kid I would go to the old Rec. Center, her office was there, and I knew her personally; and remember none of the guys could beat her in ping pong. She was also a good marble player.

Her husband was Lincolnton's Post Master. He was appointed by President Kennedy. Her brother, like her, was a good Wolf. He served as chief of staff of the Air Force, under President Reagan. Always wondered if they might have had some lively discussions about politics at Thanksgiving and Christmas... Betty would have died around 2013 (I think) in her late 80's. Here is a link about her brother if you get a chance to look at it. The Gabriel family grew up around East Main St., in the Boger City area. Their home was near where the BBQ King is now.

Anyone hearing anything about cancellations for Monday for Lincolnton/NC and Maiden/WL? Obviously more important things than football but just curious

East Burke and Bandys is off
West Caldwell and Bunker Hill is off

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone hearing anything about cancellations for Monday for Lincolnton/NC and Maiden/WL? Obviously more important things than football but just curious

So when do they plan on making the game up bye weeks are over

Yep….tentatively Tuesday now.

What a mess!

Big games coming Friday too. 👀

Not sure when the Wolves will play the Red Devils as I saw on social media that LHS is without power. That also probably means Mr. Lincolnton is also without power as he is very close to the school. Has anyone checked up on him?

I'm hearing superintendents are meeting to see if last week games can be moved to November 8th pushing the playoffs back a week. Kind of like happens on the Eastern side when they had that big hurricane

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT