ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 7 (9/28 & 10/1 & 10/2)

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Please help out with the schedule.

Tuesday
East burke (1-1, 0-0) vs Maiden (4-0, 1-0)

Friday
Bandys (2-1, 0-1) at Lincolnton (1-4, 1-1)
Bunker Hill (5-0, 2-0) vs West Lincoln (4-1, 1-1)

Saturday
Maiden (4-0, 1-0) vs West Caldwell (0-4, 0-2)
East Burke (1-1, 0-0) vs Newton-Conover (1-3, 1-1)

Last edited:
Please help out with the schedule.

Tuesday
East burke (1-1, 0-0) vs Maiden (4-0, 1-0)

Friday
Bandys (2-1, 0-1) at Lincolnton (1-4, 1-1)
Bunker Hill (5-0, 2-0) vs West Lincoln (4-1, 1-1)
East Burke (1-1, 0-0) vs Newton-Conover (1-3, 1-1)

Saturday
Maiden (4-0, 1-0) vs West Caldwell (0-4, 0-2)
Chocolate mess! Ain’t it? Flyrod. I’ll try… but I’m struggling with the schedules as well!

I’ll start with the Blue Devils. I do believe that Maiden will win both games handily over East Burke and West Caldwell. However… the unusual schedule could make for an interesting outcome in each game. Maiden should be raring to go tomorrow night at East Burke after that slobberknocker with the Johnny’s! The Saturday game with West Caldwell… hoping we don’t come out flat!… it’s homecoming!
I’m sure all the top 2a teams around have some doubt about the Boom Devils…after a close win over West Lincoln at their place. Rightfully so! Hope it wasn’t because of West Lincoln though!

I did a little research on the Johnny’s home record of late. West Lincoln didn’t lose at home in the spring. Remember?… they beat East Lincoln in 2OT… when everybody thought they would lose… including me! 😉 In ‘19…. Their only loss at home was to North Lincoln who went to the 3rd round and lost to Burns…for the record… they beat up the Blue Devils over there in ‘19 as well!
In ‘18…. West Lincoln’s only loss at home was to Bandys!….who also went to the 3rd round and lost to Hibriten.
These days… beating West Lincoln is a great win!…especially if you do it…in Hawg Hill!😜
Speaking of the Johnny’s… they’re going to Bunker Hill this week. I know I said picking against the Bears was a fruitless endeavor…. But… I’m doing it again! I’m taking West Lincoln! If Bunker Hill proves me wrong….I might just say…. The Bears will win our conference! I can’t wait for this one…as I plan on being there to see it!

Lincolnton-Bandys…. Great game. I’ve seen both play! This is gonna be a VERY physical game! Bandys absolutely destroyed Lincolnton in the spring…. I’m sure the Wolves haven’t forgotten it! I still think Bandys will prevail in this one… but it should be closer this time around!

East Burke- Newton on Saturday at noon?
Shheeeiiitt….I might watch 4 games this week!😂😂
I’ll take Newton… on a coin flip! But really… I don’t have a clue!

Good luck to all the CVAC teams this week!

Last edited:
Flyrod,

Just as a head's up - from what I've been told the Newton-Conover @ Bandys game will also be played on a Saturday instead of a Friday night.

Newton-Conover @ Bandys will be played on Saturday (10/16) at 7:00 p.m.

That's due to Bandys playing at home against East Burke on Tuesday (10/12).

Lots of football in a short span! If we get games like the West Lincoln/Bandys and Maiden/West Lincoln games, that'll make it lots of fun!

Max Preps rankings this week….top 100 teams overall… has (17) 2a teams listed!

#18. Maiden CVAC
#24. Shelby
#26. Reidsville
#28. Salisbury
#32. Northeastern
#47. Hendersonville
#57. East Surry
#60. Princeton
#65. Monroe
#66. Wallace Rose Hill
#71. Whiteville
#75. St. Paul’s
#79. West Lincoln CVAC
#82. CHASE
#83. East Duplin
#85. Burns
#97. Bunker Hill CVAC

3 CVAC teams ranked in the top 100 overall. That’s good stuff!

Maiden goes 2 plays and a TD with 2-point. EB goes three plays and an INT. Maiden goes 2 plays and an TD with 2-point. 16-0 with 9:34 left in the 1st quarter

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’m here at this game now at EB. Ugly ain’t the word for this. My goodness if they ran through Watauga why did I even come??? Ha ha

Hey I come to see what they have and see how they stand against a state powerhouse.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Seeing that you guys laid a smack down on Wataga which is usually a very good program in the 4A or at least has been for the past six or seven years that speaks volumes so the rest of the season for East Burke Should have closer games

Here goes my picks:

West Lincoln at Bunker Hill-This should be a really good game. Look for the Bears to bow up at the Rebels and play them hard but West is more battle tested, so I'll pick West in a close one.

Newton-Conover at East Burke-Hmmm. NC by a narrow margin. They think we stole one from them last week and they're probably mad.

Maiden at West Caldwell-The Blue Devils are 6th in the Simmons ratings, 6th in the Charlotte Observers Sweet 16 and 1 in the Max Preps West poll and Max would have them number 1 overall if the East and West 2A Polls were combined. It would take Shelby just to play with these guys. I'm sorry Warriors.

Lincolnton over Bandys in a close one...Disclaimer: as matter of the heart I cannot pick against the Wolves, not now and not ever. It will be awfully hard to beat the Trojans, even at home.

*A bit of trivia: Like Bandys, The University of Southern California's athletic teams, as everybody knows, are also the Trojans. USC fans have a two-finger symbol same as the so-called peace sign and what British Prime Minister Winston Churchill called the victory symbol, after World War II ✌️ (Bandys, of course, doesn't use this sign for athletics, or at least I haven't seen it used by them).
I had heard that the story behind USC's use of this symbol was borrowed from Ancient Troy. When the original Trojans would conquer an enemy they would cut off the index and middle fingers of the defeated. Their reasoning was it disabled or hindered them from using a sword against them at a later time. When the conquered people would pass by, the Trojans would hold up their two fingers to show them they still had theirs, as a taunt. The next time you see bright-eyed, enthusiastic USC fans displaying their fingers it may be for victory, now, but might have been based on what was once a pretty cold gesture.:oops:

Please note: I'm not able to see the comments on this link. Some may be profane and expletive. Moderators please feel free to delete if they are.

Last edited:
Here goes my picks:

West Lincoln at Bunker Hill-This should be a really good game. Look for the Bears to bow up at the Rebels and play them hard but West is more battle tested, so I'll pick West in a close one.

Newton-Conover at East Burke-Hmmm. NC by a narrow margin. They think we stole one from them last week and they're probably mad.

Maiden at West Caldwell-The Blue Devils are 6th in the Simmons ratings, 6th in the Charlotte Observers Sweet 16 and 1 in the Max Preps West poll and Max would have them number 1 overall if the East and West 2A Polls were combined. It would take Shelby just to play with these guys. I'm sorry Warriors.

Lincolnton over Bandys in a close one...Disclaimer: as matter of the heart I cannot pick against the Wolves, not now and not ever. It will be awfully hard to beat the Trojans, even at home.

*A bit of trivia: Like Bandys, The University of Southern California's athletic teams, as everybody knows, are also the Trojans. USC fans have a two-finger symbol same as the so-called peace sign and what British Prime Minister Winston Churchill called the victory symbol, after World War II ✌️ (Bandys, of course, doesn't use this sign for athletics, or at least I haven't seen it used by them).
I had heard that the story behind USC's use of this symbol was borrowed from Ancient Troy. When the original Trojans would conquer an enemy they would cut off the index and middle fingers of the defeated. Their reasoning was it disabled or hindered them from using a sword against them at a later time. When the conquered people would pass by, the Trojans would hold up their two fingers to show them they still had theirs, as a taunt. The next time you see bright-eyed, enthusiastic USC fans displaying their fingers it may not be to spur on victory or wish someone peace.

Please note: I'm not able to see the comments on this link. Some may be profane and expletive. Moderators please feel free to delete if they are.
Good stuff!… right there! Lincolnton.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT