ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 6 (9/24)

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (2-1, 0-1) vs East Burke (1-1, 0-0) I'm not sure if this game has already been postponed
Bunker Hill (3-0, 1-0) vs West Caldwell (0-4, 0-1)
Lincolnton (0-4, 0-1) at Newton-Conover (1-2, 1-0)
Maiden (3-0, 0-0) at West Lincoln (4-0, 1-0)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bandys (2-1, 0-1) vs East Burke (1-1, 0-0) I'm not sure if this game has already been postponed
Bunker Hill (3-0, 1-0) vs West Caldwell (0-4, 0-1)
Lincolnton (0-4, 0-1) at Newton-Conover (1-2, 1-0)
Maiden (3-0, 0-0) at West Lincoln (4-0, 1-0)
A coworker said he heard that East Burke was playing this Saturday….on the radio while driving into work.

Saw on Facebook, take it for what it's worth:

Bandys football updates

Originally: Sept 24th, East Burke at Bandys Varsity Football 7:30pm kickoff
Moved to : Tues, Oct 12th: East Burke at Bandys Varsity Football 7pm kickoff

AND

Originally: Friday, Oct 15th, Newton at Bandys Varsity Football 7:30pm kickoff
Moved to : Saturday, Oct 16th: Newton at Bandys Varsity Football 7pm kickoff

Saw on Facebook, take it for what it's worth:

Bandys football updates

Originally: Sept 24th, East Burke at Bandys Varsity Football 7:30pm kickoff
Moved to : Tues, Oct 12th: East Burke at Bandys Varsity Football 7pm kickoff

AND

Originally: Friday, Oct 15th, Newton at Bandys Varsity Football 7:30pm kickoff
Moved to : Saturday, Oct 16th: Newton at Bandys Varsity Football 7pm kickoff
Matches with what he said, he said the coaches wanted to move conference games around so they could find a nonconf opponent for Friday to give them a full 10 games.

That Maiden/WL game should be one of the best of the season. Think I might forego the ride to Newton and head to Vale instead.

Picking against Bunker Hill has become a fruitless endeavor for ole creek! I haven’t seen the bears play yet; but, all indications appear to me that the bears are REAL good! Winning against teams like Lincolnton who have historically boot stomped dat arse, year after year, speaks volumes. It is so hard to overcome the behavior of knowing you’re gonna get beat before you play the game… especially in high school football. Gotta feeling the Bears truly believe they’re gonna win this conference!….and I’m loving that!
I’ll take the Hill over West Caldwell.

Lincolnton-Newton….this ought to be a little pay back game! The Wolves stole one in the spring against the mighty Red…I truly believe that Newton really never recovered from it. Stumbling out of the gate is hard for any team to overcome, in conference play, especially when you are favored to win. I do believe that Newton will beat Lincolnton… but that’s what they have to do!… beat the Wolves!….because they ain’t gonna give it to ‘em!
This will be a great game! I guarantee it!

Ugh! We going to Cat Square!… playing the Johnny’s! Ugh again! Think I’ll sit on the home side….just in case… the Blue Devils’ bus accidentally breaks a septic line over there on the visitor’s side!😂😂😂
The Rebels are seasoned already…they’ve played 3 very tough games that have gone to the final whistle! We have 1!…and quite frankly…. I thought Maiden didn’t manage it very well…against Christ school! The Blue Devils were very fortunate to win that game. We need another game like that to gain experience and get better… and West will prolly be the one to do it!
I’m taking the Boom Devils…in yet another thriller ….over West Lincoln.

Service is horrible here. Won't be able to keep you posted like normal. I'll do what I can. 7-0 Maiden after the first drive. 4 plays 60 yds

Coming out at half. WL drives and scores...eating up nearly all the 3rd quarter. 14-14 tie. 4:35 left.

The Lincolnton radio station carried the West Lincoln-Maiden game (An excellent choice). The last report I heard, from them, on our game was Newton-Conover 17 Lincolnton 0

I just saw on the Hobbs report that Lincolnton won 21-17. If that's so, then hallelujah everybody, and hey! on top of that East Lincoln lost, hallelujah to that, too...No, not hallelujah but Halleluyer !

The Lincolnton radio station carried the West Lincoln-Maiden game (An excellent choice). The last report I heard, from them, on our game was Newton-Conover 17 Lincolnton 0

I just saw on the Hobbs report that Lincolnton won 21-17. If that's so, then hallelujah everybody, and hey! on top of that East Lincoln lost, hallelujah to that, too...No, not hallelujah but Halleluyer !

Can’t take you nowhere!😂😂😂

I’m crying!…Halleluyer!😂😂😂

Reactions: Lincolnton
My friend, I saw the Maiden buses coming down North Grove St. (I live in that part of town) and for a flash second I wondered why they were taking the street that leads by our stadium. I thought, "they must be going over there to challenge us to another game. Beating one Lincoln County team in one night wasn't enough". Then I realized they were taking Bonview Ave. to go home. That would have spoiled our win over NC.

My friend, I saw the Maiden buses coming down North Grove St. (I live in that part of town) and for a flash second I wondered why they were taking the street that leads by our stadium. I thought, "they must be going over there to challenge us to another game. Beating one Lincoln County team in one night wasn't enough". Then I realized they were taking Bonview Ave. to go home. That would have spoiled our win over NC.
We didn’t want any more!… that was one heck of game! I knew it!…called it! Sump’em about those Johnny’s… they don’t give a shat who you are! Going over there too! Have Mercy!…I’m just thankful for another win. Dreading Bandys too!

Can’t believe…the road rage!😂😂
We gonna have to put a leash on you!😂
Wolf man!

My friend, driving has become a strange thing. It happened after age 65 and has become worse in the years since then. Now, when I’m doing the speed limit it feels like I’m traveling at Mach speed.
At 35 MPH it feels like I’m on the race track up at Hickory. There’s always somebody on my bumper in a truck with utility boxes and they’re blowing the horn.
And another thing. I bought a car back in March, a Toyota Prius and all the other motorist around here seems to hate it. I expect the people in West Lincoln to hate it but not everybody. I think, they think I’m associated with Green Peace. Cheerduck said the color of it is casket gray. Think I’ll get a tattoo that says “Born to lose”.

I look forward to meeting you too, my friend. I wish we could all get together and go back to the place where Cheerduck goes in Hickory.The name of it is the Snack Bar. They have the best chicken livers in the world. I’ll talk to him about some of us having lunch.

Anout the Prius, I bought it because it was cheap. I can drive all week on twenty dollars.

I’ll reach out to Duck as well… Snack Bar is great….. But if we ride all the way over there…let’s go to Mtn. Fried Chicken!
It’s Money! My treat too!

Looking forward to it! Brother.

Great Win for the Wolves…was it really 17-0…..and they came back to win 21-17?

Surely not!…again?

I was at the Newton and Lincolnton game last night. There was never a dull moment . Between questionable flags, and the Newton student blowing a whistle in the stands. Honestly the game should not have been so close. If you take away a few mistakes by the Wolves Lincolnton would have won 24-10. Newton has great athletes but Lincolnton played more physical. Lincolnton needs to cut out the dumb penalties and turnovers. A Lincolnton fan told me that the Wolves are their own worst enemy.

I was at the Newton and Lincolnton game last night. There was never a dull moment . Between questionable flags, and the Newton student blowing a whistle in the stands. Honestly the game should not have been so close. If you take away a few mistakes by the Wolves Lincolnton would have won 24-10. Newton has great athletes but Lincolnton played more physical. Lincolnton needs to cut out the dumb penalties and turnovers. A Lincolnton fan told me that the Wolves are their own worst enemy.
The Wolves are very physical…. Saw it first hand when they played East Lincoln.

Just remembered… Maiden plays Tuesday night at East Burke…how awkward is that?….followed by another game on Saturday night at home against West Caldwell! Busy week for the Blue Devils.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT