ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 5 (9/17)

Congrats to the Bunker Hill Bears. They made the fewest mistakes, got their running game going, and was able to capitalize on special teams when they needed it. For the most part, though, it was anyone’s game as both teams struggled to keep the momentum going on drives. I still see a lot of things happening on the Lincolnton sideline that makes you just scratch your head. Hopefully, at some point, (preferably sooner than later) we get those things figured out. These kids are talented, so ability definitely isn’t the issue in my opinion. I guess we’ll see what happens. I have a feeling, though, that our high school reunion game on Homecoming night might be ugly. Hope not. 😏

Last edited:
Well boys… I’ve seen 2 OT’s back to back. What a game at Bandys last night! It certainly was a thriller as expected! Hats off to the Johnny Reb’s for weathering the storm. Bandys had every chance to win that game but costly penalties would be their demise! I’m guessing at least 150 yards!…I’m not exaggerating! They clean that up.. moving forward…then Bandys is gonna be tough to beat! I was very impressed with their skill players and their defense! …To claw back from being down 14-0 was impressive!
I was also impressed with West Lincoln’s defense…especially against the run! Bandys has Studs!…carrying the ball and West used gang tackling to hold them in check! Tip of the cap…to West Lincoln’s young lady kicker!… she did a great job too!
All in all…a great game to start the CVAC and good luck to both teams moving forward!😁

I see Monday and Tuesday games on the horizon! Interested to see how COVID and conference games are handled! It appears that NC is plowing ahead with high school sports! I hope we can get all the games played… I’m not sure how!

West Lincoln at Bandys…HUGE GAME! It’s a must win, in my opinion, for both teams! If the Trojans, who I believe are formidable, can some how win this game…we all better…Watch out! The Johnny’s ain’t gonna give it to them though! Bandy’s defense against the run is really good…and West is going to run the ball over and over and over again! I see a low scoring slobber knocker type game! I’m taking West Lincoln in a thriller!

Newton at West Caldwell HUGE GAME! I hate to sound like a broken record…but it’s a must win….for both of these winless teams!…if they want to make some noise in the Catawba Valley.
How about that QB from Newton….his last name is Luangkhot… loving that!…and he wear #19! “Johnny U” Luangkhot! That’s good stuff! I was leaning toward picking West Caldwell..since Newton is traveling over there….but the poster WC Warrior is prolly right…they’ll figure out a way to give it to Newton! I’ll take the Red Devils.

I’m taking Lincolnton at home! Yep! I was shocked at how physical they were against East Lincoln! The Mustangs had the ball to start the game…3 plays later… it was 4th and 18! Those Wolves were hungry! I will say….special team play…will be a critical factor for Lincolntons’ success! The Wolves can match up with the Bears…I promise you!….but they MUST limit those back breaking mistakes! I know Mr. Lincolnton is holding his breath…as I did….on simply executing a punt or fielding one!😂 Good luck! Brother.
I’m hoping that Lincolnton continues with that “Jail Break” defensive scheme too!…..it really flustered the Mustangs! This should be a great game!
My point proven smh. Terrible coach

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT