ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 5 (9/17)

I will be at the Bandys game this week to watch my nephew play. Gotta show the boy some love so I'll miss most of Maiden's away games this year and next year to watch him play. So my updates this week will be for his game. Will anyone be able to post the Maiden score?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I will be at the Bandys game this week to watch my nephew play. Gotta show the boy some love so I'll miss most of Maiden's away games this year and next year to watch him play. So my updates this week will be for his game. Will anyone be able to post the Maiden score?
I’ll be more than happy to! Grizz

Good stuff!…with the nephew. Go Trojans!

Maiden won't have much problem with EB. EB is a well coached team but just won't match up well with Maiden.
I'll never underestimate our ability to show up not prepared and/or shoot ourselves in the foot. 'Well coached' is enough for anyone who catches us slippin'

I pick West Lincoln to beat Bandys by 8 points .
I pick West Caldwell by 2 pts over Newton
Maiden by 26 over East Burke.
Bunker Hill by 6 over Lincolnton.
I’m leaning toward West Caldwell too! ….that’s a tough one!

Guys, Bunker Hill is pretty good. If we could stay within a six point spread there might be an opportunity. I hope you're right but even if you're not I appreciate the thought. I never pick against Lincolnton as a gesture of love for people who tolerate the likes of me but it will be tough. Us by 1.

-West Lincoln at Bandys: The Trojans can never be taken lightly but I give the edge to the Future farmers of America (if anyone doesn't know who that is, well, never mind) in a close one. I haven't forgot when you opened up the septic tank so us kindly visiting Lincolnton sorts had to smell it for an entire game. Then you went and said our bus ran over it and broke it open.

-Newton-Conover at West Caldwell: West gave Hibriten and South Caldwell a respectable game. Don't know any serious football fan who doesn't respect the Panthers, and I wouldn't overlook SC, either, who the Red Devils played close, too. This one, I think is a toss up but I'll take NC by 6.

-East Burke at Maiden: Really ? The team the Blue Devils beat last week would have a decent chance of beating half the top 10, 3A teams. I will always like and respect the Cavaliers because of long time NC Preps poster BurkeForReal, but Maiden has what it takes to go far; a potent offense ran by a smart quarterback, a viable passing and rushing game and a no quit defense, and they have speed, both ways. Sorry BFR, I saw these guys play last week and they're good.

Last edited:
Guys, Bunker Hill is pretty good. If we could stay within a six point spread there might be an opportunity. I hope you're right but even if you're not I appreciate the thought. I never pick against Lincolnton as a gesture of love for people who tolerate the likes of me but it will be tough. Us by 1.

-West Lincoln at Bandys: The Trojans can never be taken lightly but I give the edge to the Future farmers of America (if anyone doesn't know who that is, well, never mind) in a close one. I haven't forgot when you opened up the septic tank so us kindly visiting Lincolnton sorts had to smell it for an entire game. Then you went and said our bus ran over it and broke it open.

-Newton-Conover at West Caldwell: West gave Hibriten and South Caldwell a respectable game. Don't know any serious football fan who doesn't respect the Panthers, and I wouldn't overlook SC, either, who the Red Devils played close, too. This one, I think is a toss up but I'll take NC by 6.

-East Burke at Maiden: Really ? The team the Blue Devils beat last week would have a decent chance of beating half the top 10, 3A teams. I will always like and respect the Cavaliers because of long time NC Preps poster BurkeForReal, but Maiden has what it takes to go far; a potent offense ran by a smart quarterback, a viable passing and rushing game and a no quit defense, and they have speed, both ways. Sorry BFR, I saw these guys play last week and they're good.

😂😂😂I’m crying….can’t believe y’all tore up the septic tank! The boys from Lincoln county cease to amaze me!

Reactions: Lincolnton
MC, my friend, for over forty years I was in a line of work in which one encounters some of the worst smells. That septic tank was about as bad as any of them. I remember some of our women gaging and their eyes watering. We are truly talking about the "funk of forty thousand years". They knew what they were doing. The septic tank was located right behind the visitors' stands.

Last edited:

Good to hear from ya man and putting my name out there in a positive fashion. I havnt been to a game since 19’ last one being North Lincoln / Burns nail biter and I don’t post much or read much. Too busy with these little ones any more and my running buddy to the games decided he wasn’t gonna watch any more HS. So what’s a poor burkeforreal gonna do now ha ha.
As far as the Cavs go I don’t have much insight on them other than a good coach, decent RB and a couple big lineman, one being super huge at 6’8. The Patton win by a small margin was questionable and a one point loss to one of the worst Freedom teams and looking at the rest of schedule it’s not looking too promising for big blue...but you never know what the coach may have cooked up. I can’t see this game being even within 21 points of each other and if by chance it was it’d be a moral victory but they will give it a decent shot at least for a quarter. EBs problem over the years has been lack of track speed. But then again I’ve seen old Watauga teams in the 90s LOADED with it and not do anything.

BFR, it's good to hear from you, too. You mentioned not going to a game since 2019, I haven't been to games drawing overflow crowds and I do miss them so. I'd rather go to a playoff game than have a paid vacation in Rio or St. Tropez. The Lord has blessed me with simple taste for entertainment but at my age I have to be extra careful of the plague.
One of your favorites namely North Lincoln, beat us 28-18 back at the end of August. We had them down going into the fourth quarter and couldn't hold. Friday evening we got Bunker Hill, here. They're good. It will be another tough one for us.

Unless things are different, we will lose again. You can't get 1st and goal or a yard or 2 to move those chains and not use your power back. Just plain stupid. What happens when you have a HC trying to promote a couple players instead of Ws !

BFR, it's good to hear from you, too. You mentioned not going to a game since 2019, I haven't been to games drawing overflow crowds and I do miss them so. I'd rather go to a playoff game than have a paid vacation in Rio or St. Tropez. The Lord has blessed me with simple taste for entertainment but at my age I have to be extra careful of the plague.
One of your favorites namely North Lincoln, beat us 28-18 back at the end of August. We had them down going into the fourth quarter and couldn't hold. Friday evening we got Bunker Hill, here. They're good. It will be another tough one for us.
Hate I missed that one. Prob lost a lot of that tallent that took them to the 3rd round in 19’ For record, the Knights have never got past 3rd round. Neither has East Burke- late 70s and 07’ with Shatley(currently playing for Jacksonville as a backup C) AND 15’ against East Lincoln.

GrizzlyDevil, I doubt if that's the case with East Burke. I'd guess that schools are pressured to be extra careful but I have to say if there is a team in this conference to avoid I'm afraid it would be the Blue Devils. There's Bunker Hill and the National Farmers Union that might could stay with you for awhile, and then there's everybody else. Unless you are Shelby or Reidsville, Charlotte Catholic or Salisbury someone would have to be mad at themselves to look forward to playing you.
Be advised that when it's time for the Wolves to play you we'll be there, you can pretty well count on it. It's an old thing. It's hard to explain, kind of like the last act of defiance. We're funny that way. Definitely no disrespect meant by the image.

Last edited:
  • Love
Mr. Lincolnton, I was only kidding of course! Make no mistake, I am well aware of being humbled by an opponent when you're riding high as a fan. And no one wants to humble an opponent more than being able to humble Maiden (for most teams)...and I fear we are only a medium sized fish in the shallow in of the lake.

GrizzlyDevil, that has to be irritating to not be playing when you have that good of a football team. Every time we had one it was as though I lived for Friday night. For just a couple of hours I could put all my problems down, forget my job and yell and cheer all the stress and tension and aggravation out of my system.
I wish you could find another team to play this week.
I know you’ll be watching Bandys due to family connections but there are going to be a lot of disappointed Maiden fans.

Please update if incorrect.

Bandys (2-0) vs West Lincoln (3-0)
Bunker Hill (3-0) at Lincolnton (0-3)
East Burke (1-1) vs Maiden (3-0)
Newton-Conover (0-2) at West Caldwell (0-2)
I see Monday and Tuesday games on the horizon! Interested to see how COVID and conference games are handled! It appears that NC is plowing ahead with high school sports! I hope we can get all the games played… I’m not sure how!

West Lincoln at Bandys…HUGE GAME! It’s a must win, in my opinion, for both teams! If the Trojans, who I believe are formidable, can some how win this game…we all better…Watch out! The Johnny’s ain’t gonna give it to them though! Bandy’s defense against the run is really good…and West is going to run the ball over and over and over again! I see a low scoring slobber knocker type game! I’m taking West Lincoln in a thriller!

Newton at West Caldwell HUGE GAME! I hate to sound like a broken record…but it’s a must win….for both of these winless teams!…if they want to make some noise in the Catawba Valley.
How about that QB from Newton….his last name is Luangkhot… loving that!…and he wear #19! “Johnny U” Luangkhot! That’s good stuff! I was leaning toward picking West Caldwell..since Newton is traveling over there….but the poster WC Warrior is prolly right…they’ll figure out a way to give it to Newton! I’ll take the Red Devils.

I’m taking Lincolnton at home! Yep! I was shocked at how physical they were against East Lincoln! The Mustangs had the ball to start the game…3 plays later… it was 4th and 18! Those Wolves were hungry! I will say….special team play…will be a critical factor for Lincolntons’ success! The Wolves can match up with the Bears…I promise you!….but they MUST limit those back breaking mistakes! I know Mr. Lincolnton is holding his breath…as I did….on simply executing a punt or fielding one!😂 Good luck! Brother.
I’m hoping that Lincolnton continues with that “Jail Break” defensive scheme too!…..it really flustered the Mustangs! This should be a great game!

Thank you MC, for picking us. I do hope we can stay with the Bears. I like BH and glad to see them doing well, but I don't want to see them beat us. It's just that sometimes when we have a down season our guys will bow up at other Lincoln County schools and go flat when playing teams from out of county.
Have you heard if Maiden has talked with anyone about a game this Friday?
I think that might be where GrizzlyDevil's theory would come into play. Most possibilities figure they'll get a shellacking by taking on the devils but it would be good if a coach wanted show his team what level they needed to play at to make a run in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Thank you MC, for picking us. I do hope we can stay with the Bears. I like BH and glad to see them doing well, but I don't want to see them beat us. It's just that sometimes when we have a down season our guys will bow up at other Lincoln County schools and go flat when playing teams from out of county.
Have you heard if Maiden has talked with anyone about a game this Friday?
I think that might be where GrizzlyDevil's theory would come into play. Most possibilities figure they'll get a shellacking by taking on the devils but it would be good if a coach wanted show his team what level they needed to play at to make a run in the playoffs.
I haven’t heard anything from the Maiden camp….I will inquire later today. I know there is a rule that a team can’t play more than 10 games….so I would think that a postponed conference game with East Burke….means we are going to try to make it up at a later date. I’m not sure how….but who knows?

Reactions: Lincolnton
I haven’t heard anything from the Maiden camp….I will inquire later today. I know there is a rule that a team can’t play more than 10 games….so I would think that a postponed conference game with East Burke….means we are going to try to make it up at a later date. I’m not sure how….but who knows

The NCHSAA can approve playing on Tuesday, after a Friday night game for this specific scenario I’ve heard.

Bandys 1st possession ends in a pick. Tackled at the 4. It takes WL 4 downs to get 4 yds. Kick good. 7-0 WL with 7:15 left in the 1st.

Bandys drives into WL territory and fumbles. WL recovers. 1st and 10 at their 24. 1st play a FB trap to the Bandys 34.

Bandys forces 4th down but gives up a 30yd bomb for a TD. 14-0 WL with 1:34 left in the 1st.

Hickory 16 East Lincoln 6 with 7 minutes in third quarter

(Both 3A teams just a score of interest area teams)

Hickory 16 East Lincoln 13 3Q

Bunker Hill 10 Lincolnton 0 3rd Q

Bunker Hill 13 Lincolnton 0 late 3rd Q

Hickory 22 East Lincoln 21 10 Mins. 4th Q

Last edited:
WL punt. Then Bandys drives down to GL. Ends up in 4th and 6 and turns it over on an incomplete pass through the hands of the receiver in the endzone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT